• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
Super Rep is not about "hard to spot", First Class is.

Super Rep is about no difference with gen unless you have a magnifying glass and know what to look for.

A majority of the ones you have listed as Super Rep dont have that... theres even a Blackbay on there with a pearl similar to the S&G rep as far as finish and shape goes...

i mean, you tell me. Unless you zoom in you arent telling the difference. Gen and rep side by side. It took macros to really see the true differences.

20180611_181132_resized76a4548a7eb54fb0.jpg

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
A majority of the ones you have listed as Super Rep dont have that... theres even a Blackbay on there with a pearl similar to the S&G rep as far as finish and shape goes...

i mean, you tell me. Unless you zoom in you arent telling the difference. Gen and rep side by side. It took macros to really see the true differences.

20180611_181132_resized76a4548a7eb54fb0.jpg

This topic is about discussion.

If you think some Super Reps don't deserve the title, tell us why, I'll open a poll and people will decide. That's what "Consensual" is about.

By the way, there's not even close to "a majority" of the ones I have listed as Super Rep that are not like I just said. :)

If you think this should be a Super Rep, I'll add it to the list in the appropriate place and we'll discuss it until everyone agrees.

2fake4u

20/9/16
This topic is about discussion.

If you think some Super Reps don't deserve the title, tell us why, I'll open a poll and people will decide. That's what "Consensual" is about.

By the way, there's not even close to "a majority" of the ones I have listed as Super Rep that are not like I just said. :)

If you think this should be a Super Rep, I'll add it to the list in the appropriate place and we'll discuss it until everyone agrees.

id make a thread then.

holding both in the hands, you arent going to notice unless you get up close in personal. The Rolexes you have listed have easier rep IDs, same with the tag, some IWCs, PAMS, etc. and those are just the ones I know. not trying to cause issues, just stating my opinion.

the instant tell on it is the winding of the movement, which almost every one of the reps in the list, the movement is a major tell.

Reactions: phdsjain

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
id make a thread then.

holding both in the hands, you arent going to notice unless you get up close in personal. The Rolexes you have listed have easier rep IDs, same with the tag, some IWCs, PAMS, etc. and those are just the ones I know. not trying to cause issues, just stating my opinion.

the instant tell on it is the winding of the movement, which almost every one of the reps in the list, the movement is a major tell.

Can you tell me which PAMs in my list you can spot from a gen without a magnifying glass ? I would really be curious since I based it on ALE's guide who did such an incredible work. Same for the others you just said.

If you see any watch in the list with a tell you can spot with naked-eye under 5 secondes without having a gen in the other hand, just tell me which one. Don't just throw some brands in. ;-)

Movement is not a tell. The only way we consider the movement a tell is in case of an open caseback with a wrong replicated movement, that's why there is only 2 watches with Open Caseback considered as Super Reps.

Regarding the Tudor you shared, I agree with you, the pearl is far from being a real tell to me. Wasn't there something with the font 3D ?

2fake4u

20/9/16
Can you tell me which PAMs in my list you can spot from a gen without a magnifying glass ? I would really be curious since I based it on ALE's guide who did such an incredible work. Same for the others you just said.

If you see any watch in the list with a tell you can spot with naked-eye under 5 secondes without having a gen in the other hand, just tell me which one. Don't just throw some brands in. ;-)

Movement is not a tell. The only way we consider the movement a tell is in case of an open caseback with a wrong replicated movement, that's why there is only 2 watches with Open Caseback considered as Super Reps.

Regarding the Tudor you shared, I agree with you, the pearl is far from being a real tell to me. Wasn't there something with the font 3D ?

heres the font of the rep and gen.

20180611_182941_resized1db08302c55464b82.jpg

20180611_182934_resized2519a81b1edbefa43.jpg

kabelboy

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
3/6/18

which 2 watches are these? so sad that there are no good tourbillions....

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Check this out:

https://puretime.io/1815-tourbillon-handwerkskunst-ss-white-dial-on-black-leather-strap.html#

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/a-lange-sohne/290441-review-of-1815-tourbillon/

It's the best tourbillon rep currently on the market. It's not a super rep but it's a great rep, on par with the best in terms of build quality.

I have to disagree. ALS has such a high standard QC (clearly near Patek), this one yells REPLICA at anyone looking closely enough.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
I have to disagree. ALS has such a high standard QC (clearly near Patek), this one yells REPLICA at anyone looking closely enough.

Why are you saying that? According to all owners this rep is among the best in terms of quality and gen feel. It has its flaws (no small seconds on top of the tourbillon, case diameter a few mm larger) but it's a great rep with a working tourbillon, which is what the OP was asking for. Don't forget the gen costs 135.000$ compared to a tad more than 500$ for the rep, of course finish and workmanship will be different!

2fake4u

20/9/16
I understand, what I was asking is if other people have spoken about tells you disagree with ? Or is there no known tell ?

And what tells can you see if you magnify ?

the one guy mentioned the pearl, which is something you can tell if you zoom in, in the right light, at the right angle, you can see the gen pearl is more glossy than the rep.

another tell is with the hand stack, the rep has the minute hand closer to the hour hand than the second hand, where on the gen, they are evenly spaced. again, not seen unless you zoom in.

font is more raised on gen, but cant see with the naked eye, and indice lume is a little more glossy vs matte on the rep.

gen
20180611_182934_resized2519a81b1edbefa43.jpg

rep
20180611_182941_resized1db08302c55464b82.jpg

gen
20180611_182833_resized2d7db1f595f72fe1a.jpg

rep
20180611_182845_resized1b17dfd62ac70fbb2.jpg

Reactions: antotony0203

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Why are you saying that? According to all owners this rep is among the best in terms of quality and gen feel. It has its flaws (no small seconds on top of the tourbillon, case diameter a few mm larger) but it's a great rep with a working tourbillon, which is what the OP was asking for. Don't forget the gen costs 135.000$ compared to a tad more than 500$ for the rep, of course finish and workmanship will be different!

Yeah that's basically what I'm saying. Don't expect to fool anyone with that watch. I've never said it's not a great rep ! It definitely is. I'm saying everyone knows it's a rep. If you want to wear it and amaze people on how great reps are, that's fine; but just don't act like it's gen.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
the one guy mentioned the pearl, which is something you can tell if you zoom in, in the right light, at the right angle, you can see the gen pearl is more glossy than the rep.

another tell is with the hand stack, the rep has the minute hand closer to the hour hand than the second hand, where on the gen, they are evenly spaced. again, not seen unless you zoom in.

font is more raised on gen, but cant see with the naked eye, and indice lume is a little more glossy vs matte on the rep.

Great! Thanks for letting me know all that. Can you give me the exact ref of the watch please ? I wanna make sure I do no mistake.

paulvillo

Renowned Member
6/6/13
Credits to the creators of the original list (@timnic54 and @simonjay, and @ALE7575 for PAMs) and all the participants of the previous thread (too many of you to name), all the guides makers and all of those who will participate here. Special thanks also to Repworld for his continuous will and dedication to enhance this list.

Been away for a while (ok, maybe a little too long of a while :lol: ) and came back to this thread only to see how far it has come!
I know I’ve said it before, but thank you once again Omagad for creating this and helping establish a new category (acronym?) in da hood!
Cheers!

Reactions: Omagad

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
I want to point out a flaw on all the OP's 114300 form JF. The crown on the dial isn't the same. Dial crown on gen looks totally different

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
It's not the lightning conditions, milgauss from this era and also the blue and gray OP have the same dial crown effect that the gen grape has. You can compare from my gray OP in the pic and the grape. I've also noticed this difference when I put my watch side by side with a gen.
0ad8dc74709a9aa15c3d1e81d45c8f90.jpg
b7ee63c658749bda8d26d3b318614c21.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk