• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why you should always buy TD (Tudor Black Bay comparison)

Shopreplica

Looking Around
29/3/19
What a wonderful resource!
I really appreciate your efforts put in this thread.
1f609.svg
For more information please contact us today!!

GingerNingaX

Horology Curious
19/8/17
Nice to see that there is some appreciation for what is a very nice AAA which you are comparing against a ZF clone.

Both watches come out of a Chinese factory You pay for what you get and for the AAA price this is a super sweet watch and should not be compared.

The general overall quality of aaa has got to A really good level lately. There’s always a chance you may end up with a dud or the postmen have had a game of football with it on the way but I personally have not had a bad experience buying off dhgate....research of the seller is key.

Look at the amount of sales vs good feedback. Any good seller will have over 95% good feedback and have made over 100 sales.
Always read a few other customer reviews before buying. Especially about response to issues and how it was handled.
Ask a few questions and gauge the sellers timing and response.
Last but not least.....check out the delivery date. It could take up to a month to be fair and make sure it’s not during a Chinese holiday lol they party hard. Some upgrade you to ems for free which only takes 7 to 10 days. You can ask the seller to send it to you ems which should only cost 10 to 30 usd max. Don’t get mugged off with any sellers trying to charge you 50 to 70 usd for this they are obviously not a good seller.

I have bought and sourced over 400 watches over the last few years and have met some really great people BUT, I would not buy a clone off of one of these sites personally if your new to the game. I have now ended up with my own supplier who I trust very much and he looks after me. I find the trusted dealer thing helped at the start for me and gives you some assurance. But I will also say that I have found some a bit too pricey, but I won’t take anything away from them as this game is hard work, I mean really hard work!! And the risks/overheads can kick you in the ass, really hard.

If you have got to this forum....you’ll be ok anyway lol as long as you are prepared to take a battering if you post a silly or even what may be a normal question.

I have rarely posted here because of this tbh but am glad to see a good response to a very nice aaa in this post instead of the usual battering for being aaa class.

Thanks
Now Batter me....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: lytnin

GingerNingaX

Horology Curious
19/8/17
I will add however, if you want to try and convince anyone your watch is gen and or are very particular. Clone grade are the only way to go if you can afford it.

The movements will be sweeter
The functions spot on
The lume more super
The quality of manufacture and materials of higher quality.

But hey..you can’t knock that aaa black bay for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

josh676

4/8/14
Hobart Tasmania
I got an iwc mkxvii from DHGate and it was entirely sufficient. For 50 usd I have a nice little watch.

The 300 USD big pilot from a TD is great as well, well better than great... But it was 6x the cost.

darkrecover

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/16
I've got these photos from an Aliexpress seller, what do you think ? I this a good rep of the Roger Dubui Aventator S (at least a descent working movement) ? :

The seller wants $285 (shipping included) for this rep xD

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:

madrobot

Looking Around
1/12/19
Hey guys, I understand the issues of buying from a non-TD. But it seems I am already having issues with my first buy from the guys at Pure Time a TD on this website. They've taken my BTC payment for a Blancpain over four weeks ago and have only received auto-replies and the "we will get back when" bullshit. Can you let me know best course of action and I know some of you are going to chime in with "keep waiting." But if they don't have it, I would have been happy to ply the proceeds to different watch. This is not how a Trusted Dealer should work with "new" clients. Any advice???

Mvmtaddict

21/5/19
Hey guys, I understand the issues of buying from a non-TD. But it seems I am already having issues with my first buy from the guys at Pure Time a TD on this website. They've taken my BTC payment for a Blancpain over four weeks ago and have only received auto-replies and the "we will get back when" bullshit. Can you let me know best course of action and I know some of you are going to chime in with "keep waiting." But if they don't have it, I would have been happy to ply the proceeds to different watch. This is not how a Trusted Dealer should work with "new" clients. Any advice???

I would consider waiting for another week or two. They might be going through QC to make sure your watch is sound. Consider giving these TDs extra buffer room during the holiday season. If you aren’t getting any reply after a few more weeks, consider contacting the mods for help here. Good luck.

Azrail

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/9/19
Interesting read. Have to learn much

QWERTY7888889

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/6/15
Italy
Nice comparison,
i have try one of the first version and the good quality was very good.

Thanks man

Andypandy

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
22/9/10
United Kingdom
Really interesting read from you all, I love the tudor range, and hopefully not long before they start replicating the 2021 range