• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why you should always buy TD (Tudor Black Bay comparison)

tabuktime

Known Member
15/7/15
I have the cheaper one in red and the better one in blue. I wear the red one more. I personally think it was a fantastic rep for $100. I've had it a year and still ticking. I bought the cheap blue and black Pelagos for $100 too. I've since bought the better ones, but they are really quite good for the $.

Pics of the cheapies.

WRVueig.jpg

JdTLAFb.jpg

bZCHPvi.jpg

That's a lot of fun for $300 shipped. Plus I sold the 2 Pelagos for what I paid for them in a couple minutes.

As with all Ali/DhGate, YMMV.
I'm with you on this. The differences are there, but for the money paid, the OP's, and your watches are good daily beaters.

As you say, if it's not your thing, someone here will pick it up M2M for close to what you paid as a cheap intro to the brand/type or a daily beater for themselves.

The bit that would piss me off is the misleading informal provided by the retailer...

Awesomeo

13/9/13
DHGate rep looks like it's very similar to the BB offering from Narikaa. Anyone got one to post some comparison photos?

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
All the DHg cheepies carry the same serial# J888024,
If narikaa's is the same then it's the same watch.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mskwatch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/15
EU
thanks for sharing
for 100 bucks it's not that bad, those that are far from the world of watches won't even think it's a rep :D

D

d4m.test

I thought TUDOR's were marked with the Rolex somewhere like my GEN Chrono TUDOR, On the back it is stamped with Rolex Geneva as they are made by Rolex.
At least my GEN Tudor has it stamped oyster case by rolex geneva. Most people I know have no idea that Tudor is made by rolex, or at least use to be and that they are high quality watches. I have had mine for 25 years and serviced it once a couple of years ago just to get the gasket's changed. It never stopped working and I use it diving and everything and it is a tank!! Love it. Not going to get the recognition Rolex does because most people do not know what a Tudor is. But I love mine.

romans724

Looking Around
6/7/16
Unfortunately, even when dealing with a TD you can end up with a lemon. I purchased a Black Bay Heritage over a year ago through PureTime and it is now in my junk drawer. Right from the get go, the crown was difficult to screw down and after about 6 months, the threads were so thrashed that it didn't screw down at all. The pearl on the bezel dropped out and was lost in month two. Lastly the crown separated from the stem and I tried in vain many times to fix it back in place. I'm not blaming puretime. The watch looked great in the QC pictures, kept very good time and screwing the crown in and out the first few times probably didn't raise much of a red flag. S**t happens...it's part of the rep game.

Reactions: muskrat
D

d4m.test

It's so beautiful, i want to buy but i don't have enough money at present:(

D

d4m.test

The Z4 Black Bay is very nice. Also, I love your avatar ...:bsmeter: This emoji seems fitting for Mr. Costanza lol.

D

d4m.test

Yannist, you can go to the list of TD's (Trusted Dealers) on the main page about halfway down on the left hand side. You won't be disappointed and there is a reason why, they have earned the trust. If they started ripping peeps off they would be gone.

TD's are the only real way to go...but...be prepared for an element of risk...currently in a sticky spot with a damaged rep from a TD, and have not been offered an acceptable solution...review terms and conditions...and watch thy self before thy wreck thy self.

Reactions: JoePineapples

Cowboy45

12/2/18
USA
As others stated not bad for $100, id wear it for beater at work and not feel bad.

Thehitman

RadDave’s Punching Bag
Supporter
Certified
25/3/15
Yeah $100 it’s pretty damn good! I wouldn’t expect an A2824-2 for that price considering that’s what the movement costs. It’s such a simple watch it’s hard to really get it that terribly wrong.

mskwatch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/15
EU
I am sure the average Joe won't see any difference and think the $100 rep is legit. We're quite obsessed and trained and we see the imperfections, but think again.. just $100.. there's a lot of stuff you can forgive for that budget ;)

SubVette

Known Member
26/4/18
Looking at the photos without reading one would think the cheapie is the one with the garbled rose logo..

Op is making it more dramatic than what it really is imho. It's a very decent watch for the price paid

I have to agree. Not too many people are walking around with a loop in their pockets checking watches. Real world size and it looks fine. I know this is where those who look at finite details are not buying a $100 REP. I had a GEN 116610 and sold it to buy a REP of the same watch. My wife had no idea I sold the GEN until I told her. $6k in the bank and a good Sub on my wrist. I can't buy GENS with how good the REPS are. I probably would not pay $500 for a V7. I just can't see the difference between the watches two feet away. I am sure those who look at SELS and minutea would not buy anything but the latest.

The place I sold it would not take any Brietlings becasue they cannot tell the REPS from the Real thing. Having a Steelfish, I can see how good they are .

GIMMESUMREPLICAS

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/5/13
Honestly not too bad for $100. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. Don't expect premium quality when you are making purchases on a budget ;)

Reactions: Dirtydaps

zexynova

Renowned Member
27/12/15
not bad for $100......probably cant tell, unless im seating across you at lunch

chiefcptluxe

28/5/18
Once i buy one from a street dealer in thailand

it was a mess!
worked 1 week payed 200 usd

60Steps

7/11/18
I've bought from TD here once and twice from Wm9. Wm9 on my opinion we're TD 10years ago and I did a lot of research asking questions till I bought. Both wm9 watches still going strong Fter 10 years. Anoth TD watch fine after 5 years. I would always buy from a TD Worth paying that little bit extra for quality and piece of mind

yellow_cab

Looking Around
3/1/19
Wow, that's very interesting. Me being pretty new to this I would've neve rknown!