• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why you should always buy TD (Tudor Black Bay comparison)

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
That cheap black bay does not look half bad at all! If you are looking to get a feel for a watch its 100 bucks well spent , and if you are looking to swap dial and insert its not bad at all !
Yep. DH seller "jason007" regularly puts these on sale for $78.00. Add your own A2836 ($75) and new dial and hands from HR ($125) and you've actually got something. In fact, the HR dial is superior to either of the others- well raised printing and a complete rose.

Reactions: MrRungood

Del

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
15/7/10
As has been said above, for the money I think you could've done much worse but I understand your point about being misled by the pics - noobs could easily be fooled.

When buying anything online, I tend to go by the old addage "if it looks too good to be true, then it normally is". :B:

thumbsarehandy

I'm Pretty Popular
26/4/17
Great review! Funny that the rose is more correct on the cheapie :biggrin-new: Comparatively, it is my understanding that the v4 is more shiny then the gen.

jonrock

Supporter
Certified
4/3/16
A great little comparison there.

I can see the differences you point out but can't really see the differences between the bezels other than the colour?

J

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
I am glad I don't have to agonise over the Tudor Watches as I cant stand them, but that's me. :eek:hwell:

e36bmer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/1/16
Nice comparison. I had looked for the BB for a while, but ended up going with the Tudor Pelagos blue. I almost ordered the BB from Ali even. Glad I didn't

yannist

Horology Curious
8/5/17
Interesting piece. Thanks !!
I am new to this forum. Can you recommend some good TD's pls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yannist

Horology Curious
8/5/17
As has been said above, for the money I think you could've done much worse but I understand your point about being misled by the pics - noobs could easily be fooled.

When buying anything online, I tend to go by the old addage "if it looks too good to be true, then it normally is". :B:

Del. Can you recommend any good TD's ?
Thx in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rwiwatchman

Known Member
12/11/16
Yannist, you can go to the list of TD's (Trusted Dealers) on the main page about halfway down on the left hand side. You won't be disappointed and there is a reason why, they have earned the trust. If they started ripping peeps off they would be gone.

ticktockmydickdoc

Renowned Member
10/6/17
I was expecting the quality to be much worse before I got to the pictures, but for 1/3 the price, it's actually not that bad.

Yuck? Hardly.

silvervette00

Horology Curious
16/9/15
Just purchased this from DHGATE, I'm actually pleasantly surprised by it. It's not perfect but I'm totally new at Reps . It's a bit noisy when trying to wind it by shaking my wrist but so far it's running pretty well. My first purchase before I found this site and I'm interested to know others thoughts about the quality.
7a3377b2007055aa8baa1d0dd5b47113.jpg
ca851b11f4cb43605759053cb31d3cee.jpg
a0ab4bc8fe585b0674299f4d927db0ea.jpg
307b58d135be7c4361c5b73f0e5bf988.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

UDTMIKE

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/5/17
As long as your happy with it, who cares what others think about it. Nice looking btw.

SuprKamiGuru

4/10/15
I have purchased many reps from DHgate. If you know who to shop with then you get your money's worth. They have sellers that send in a cheap box just for shipping and the price is usually around $80 - $90. Other sellers will ship the watch in a rep box and those are usually a bit more but the box is very nice.

I go with Jason007 normally but if I want a nice box with it then I order from someone else like china-watch-factory.

R0L3X

13/1/13
If going rep, make sure you go with the best rep. Or buy homage watch.

But this $100 garbage is just a fake ZF :wacko:

And for the price, it's not that bad in terms of quality. It really isn't. But you want to be caught with such obvious dirty fake? That's not worth the $200 I am saving buying this "replica".

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
If going rep, make sure you go with the best rep. Or buy homage watch.

But this $100 garbage is just a fake ZF :wacko:

And for the price, it's not that bad in terms of quality. It really isn't. But you want to be caught with such obvious dirty fake? That's not worth the $200 I am saving buying this "replica".

"dirty" fake ?
I would say "nice watch" nevertheless.
And even if it's full a flaws none are that easy to see for 80% of people.
So next summer I could swimming with one of these [emoji6]

Sent from the RWI App

Moldy780

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/8/16
The ZF lugs are skinnier than the ALiexpress

patrol

Looking Around
26/10/16
I'm totally pleased with the Tudor BBBronze Blue Bucherer edition that's out there, the one that is about $400. I'm holding it next to a gen (non bucherer) and it's scary how close it is..... with only a couple of tells from the outside. I haven't purchased many rep's- nothing against them though - so I really didn't expect it to be as close as it is. Both the gen and the rep run super tight on the timegrapher, short term anyways. I'm kind of glad I got it so it really lets me see how to ID, or at least gives me a chance to ID something... it's the very fine details where if you aren't holding them next to each other, you might not be able to pick it up. Crazy.

-prick

15/1/17
im just wondering if this blackbay from ali is the same narikaa has in stock?
can someone confirm or deny?