• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nivka's humble collection

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
You know how the saying goes, pics or it didn't happen!

a6169140d0acea0257362fc5863ef54a.jpg

ea0af9c54fff43a2ee901f7fb4337b74.jpg

1aecca27344c38999c0e9a1cb63c66b9.jpg

Reactions: phdsjain

dellboye

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/19
Great collection. I really learned alot from your description and collection. I just purchased a Noob 116610LN v7 and looking forward to it. I'm just wondering where you got the Noob 116500 from? And, if I may ask a novice question, do Noobs make the best Daytonas? Cheers!

danno7778

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/5/19
Wow, that's a spectacular collection! The only watches I could suggest to add would be a vintage Daytona rep and a GMT II.

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Great collection. I really learned alot from your description and collection. I just purchased a Noob 116610LN v7 and looking forward to it. I'm just wondering where you got the Noob 116500 from? And, if I may ask a novice question, do Noobs make the best Daytonas? Cheers!

Thanks mate. I got my 116500 from marvellous replicas. IMHO noob do make the best Daytona because of the movement. Having said that, I do find the bezel numbers too dark and would like an arf bezel or a decent sputter mod on the noob

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
=================================
Rolex Daytona 116500

Factory: Noob v2.2
Movement: SH4130
Dimensions: 39 x mm
Lug width: 20mm
Weight: g
Mods: sharpie on the bezel
TD: Marvellous Replica
Thoughts: Amazing watch worth the money for the movement alone. The PR is over 48 hours. Time keeping is maybe +10 secs per day. Chrono is perfect. I tend to use it mainly on weekends because of the lack of date function. It draws a fair bit of attention, even from non-watch people. The main flaw from my perspective is the insert numbers are a bit dark in low light. I've done a sharpie mod as a stopgap, but will probably send it out for a platinum PVD at some stage.

Rolex Oyster Perpetual 114300

Factory: JF
Movement: SH3132
Dimensions: 39 x mm
Mods: stock
TD: Mr Time Zone
Thoughts: NWBIG. Rhodium dial is lovely. An understated watch overall. I like the little pop of colour with the blue. Again, it doesn't get a lot of wrist time, but if I sold it I would regret it, like I do with the Explorer 1.

Moadib

Known Member
18/7/19
UK
Just wanted to say a huge thanks for documenting this, sharing the descriptions and images, A wonderful collection, and a great read, thanks

Reactions: Nivka

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Rolex Datejust 41 126334
Factory: ARF
Movement: a2824
Dimensions: 41mm x mm
Mods: stock
TD: M2M from MAYHM

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ust-41-blue-dial-fluted-bezel-oyster-bracelet

Thoughts: even though I’ve had my eye on this release for a while, this was a bit of an impulse purchase as it popped on m2m in Australia and the date disc looked not too bold. The bracelet needs a good clean and oil bath. It’s direct competition for my 116234 36mm DJ. While the 41mm wears very well, the 116234 has the roulette date wheel and is the classic size. ¿Porque no los dos? That begs the questions of fluted/smooth bezel, oyster/jubilee bracelet and dial configuration.

Reactions: csthe

MAYHM

Known Member
Certified
22/3/16
I started reading this thread a few days ago when I noticed it and thought the name of the thread starter sounded familiar - it was a good read but I ran out of time and got distracted. After being tagged in this today I decided to stop everything and finish all 18 pages, during a work day no less, and I'm glad I did. Your collection is impressive mate and is acting as a bad influence to continue refining my collection until I reach some goals I've had in mind (at the moment I'm having constant thoughts over a 5711, 15400 and a 5 digit Sub of some kind - anyone want to sell me a TC?!).

I'm glad my DJ41 has gone to a good home where it will be appreciated - I was thinking along the same lines of giving the bracelet an oil bath until I decided to make way for some future purchases. I'm keen to see if you have any other plans for the DateJust and where the rest of your collection goes.

Reactions: Nivka

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
I started reading this thread a few days ago when I noticed it and thought the name of the thread starter sounded familiar - it was a good read but I ran out of time and got distracted. After being tagged in this today I decided to stop everything and finish all 18 pages, during a work day no less, and I'm glad I did. Your collection is impressive mate and is acting as a bad influence to continue refining my collection until I reach some goals I've had in mind (at the moment I'm having constant thoughts over a 5711, 15400 and a 5 digit Sub of some kind - anyone want to sell me a TC?!).

I'm glad my DJ41 has gone to a good home where it will be appreciated - I was thinking along the same lines of giving the bracelet an oil bath until I decided to make way for some future purchases. I'm keen to see if you have any other plans for the DateJust and where the rest of your collection goes.

Thanks mate. I actually gave it a good oil bath today! Feeling a million bucks

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Feel for steel !

I know! I’d love some more gold in there, but go around in this endless cycle of thinking plated is too thin and the side links are bare, but wrapped is too expensive. So I end up with more ss