• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nivka's humble collection

Alex1975

Renowned Member
12/11/15
@Nivka Firstly apologies for the tardy reply to a superb thread, I could have sworn that I wrote a reply nearer when you started it.....

Anyway just wanted to send my congratulations for assembling such a great collection & for the work that you have done in curating & sharing the detail with us.

The photography is really well done as are the concise desriptions.

Well done my friend you are a real asset to this community, there are many who could learn from the way that you conduct yourself & the contributions you make.

PACCBET

I'm Pretty Popular
19/10/16
Nice one mate! Your Speedy looks like a reduced at first glance too

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
Very nice collection @Nivka ! I must have missed this when you first posted it. In addition to other's comments, I don't see any Breitlings in your collection thus far. Based on what your taste apears to be, I could see you enjoying a Superocean Heritage. Maybe blue, or perhaps root beer. Especially on a mesh bracelet.

Not that your collection particularly needs anything. Well done.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Nice inventory @Nivka and, like me, there's a heavy influence of SS subs. My daughters tell me all my watches look the same. At least you have one gold watch mixed in.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Spinman

25/10/16
@Nivka ,
I just stumbled across this thread and am blown away. I had seen you luck out on some TC m2m and then a picture of your "shark" insert on another thread.
That led me through the rabbit hole, and somehow to this thread.

I'm amazed at how well you've presented your collection and the amount of detail that you've provided. You have everything listed from the weights, to the movement, to the type of straps, etc. I'm completely ADD, and for me to notice any details at all really says something, and the number of things I've noticed in your thread really stuns me. Your collection is superb too. There are many generic responses to threads and generic threads themselves, but this is the rare exception. It is a genuine quality thread that inspires people to think about their collections and how to improve them. Instead of a blank canvas, you've created a masterpiece.

I also have a shark insert, and am waiting for my TC LV to arrive to put it on. Aren't you worried about damaging the inserts by switching them around? Do you keep extra bezel assemblies ready to just pop them into place? Do you have any suggestions for an absolute noobie in how to go about changing the insert without damaging them?

Thank you very much for this snapshot into your collection, addiction, and passion.

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
@Nivka ,
I just stumbled across this thread and am blown away. I had seen you luck out on some TC m2m and then a picture of your "shark" insert on another thread.
That led me through the rabbit hole, and somehow to this thread.

I'm amazed at how well you've presented your collection and the amount of detail that you've provided. You have everything listed from the weights, to the movement, to the type of straps, etc. I'm completely ADD, and for me to notice any details at all really says something, and the number of things I've noticed in your thread really stuns me. Your collection is superb too. There are many generic responses to threads and generic threads themselves, but this is the rare exception. It is a genuine quality thread that inspires people to think about their collections and how to improve them. Instead of a blank canvas, you've created a masterpiece.

I also have a shark insert, and am waiting for my TC LV to arrive to put it on. Aren't you worried about damaging the inserts by switching them around? Do you keep extra bezel assemblies ready to just pop them into place? Do you have any suggestions for an absolute noobie in how to go about changing the insert without damaging them?

Thank you very much for this snapshot into your collection, addiction, and passion.

Thank you very much for your kind words; they are truly humbling.

In terms of switching the inserts, I'm not too worried about damaging them. I keep the bezel per se with the watch, and just pop the inserts out to swap them around. I did write a post on switching the insert around....let me find it and I'll put it here

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Watch a couple of YouTube videos first. Get a case knife with a zip lock plastic bag wrapped over the tip so you don't scratch the case. Gently ease it between the bezel and a lug. I do it at the 4 o'clock lug. Gentle wiggle and rotation like a screwdriver very slightly and it'll pop off. There is the retaining ring and click spring that you don't want to lose so do it on a flat surface with the watch facing up. I do it on a cleaned carpeted area.

The insert snaps in and out without needing any adhesive. I use the top of a cologne bottle on the ground and put the bezel on top with insert facing up. The circle is just bigger than the inner ring of the insert but smaller than the bezel. Then apply even force on the very edge of the bezel (but not touching insert) from on top with your finger tips and nails and push down. It should pop out. To put the bezel back on, just put it back on top of the watch (scallops facing up). Make sure it's engaged the click spring. push down evenly with the palm of hand. It will snap back in. Rotate it a few time to make sure it's on properly. If not redo it. Grab the other insert and align it perfectly with 12 o'clock and press down with index finger tips of both hands from 12 down in both directions and it should snap in. Backs of finger nails to make sure it's on all the way with no lips hanging over. Rotate the bezel back to 12 and make sure it's aligned. And voila.

edf6694e2d606197fd7c4296bf4a689f.jpg

3e46d98e9c74820e1024ed152323019b.jpg
6610cdecc0b6c3d403ab3a3716279330.jpg

Reactions: Cristobal

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Just read the thread now, fantastic write up. I really like the way you created sort of a catalogue of sizes, straps, colours, etc. Makes it really useful for people making up their minds about some specific models.

I just realized we have similar taste as I also have a mix of Sub, Nautilus, Royal Oak (ok, got a Datejust too). I also have a special preference for watches with date and running seconds.

Congratulations on a very nice collection and very nice photos by the way!

Reactions: Nivka

234BUDs

22/7/17
If you are ever thinking of selling your 15400 or 5711 I can do you a solid and take it off your hands. Beautiful collection

timegate

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/4/17
Nice collection! Can you help me out a little:)
I have 15300 from BP too, but it's bracelet is terrible and I'm looking for replacement. Can you try to fit 15400 JF bracelet on 15300 BP watch? Because now I'm afraid it be useless if I order it from TD.

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
I have 15300 from BP too, but it's bracelet is terrible and I'm looking for replacement. Can you try to fit 15400 JF bracelet on 15300 BP watch? Because now I'm afraid it be useless if I order it from TD.

Ive been meaning to try that. If I don’t get around to it in the next few days, remind me

Reactions: timegate

tonyd

Horology Curious
29/8/17
Hi Nivka! Amazing collection! I'm looking to buy a PP Aquanaut 5167. I couldn't find the sw200/sellita like yours but I found a bp v2 with Miyota 9015, a bp v3 Miyota 9015 and a v4 A2824. Will you please give me some advise on wich you think is the best one?

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia

It fits!

Reactions: Sirwatchalot

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Hi Nivka! Amazing collection! I'm looking to buy a PP Aquanaut 5167. I couldn't find the sw200/sellita like yours but I found a bp v2 with Miyota 9015, a bp v3 Miyota 9015 and a v4 A2824. Will you please give me some advise on wich you think is the best one? 

If you can’t get v6f sw200, get v6f a2824. The BP case isn’t as good