• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nivka's humble collection

Dohdoh

Renowned Member
30/10/13
More submariners than the navy [emoji12][emoji106]

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

rwatch0

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
12/11/16
Belgium
@Nivka
Always coming back to this thread for insights and inspiration :)
Can I ask you, I'm thinking of picking up a new Explorer 1 JF v1, just like the one you have here. It's supposed to be the one with the shorter hands, which I like (although maybe a flaw but I don't care).
Is this still a watch you can recommend after having used it yourself for some time now?
Thanks!

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
@Nivka
Always coming back to this thread for insights and inspiration :)
Can I ask you, I'm thinking of picking up a new Explorer 1 JF v1, just like the one you have here. It's supposed to be the one with the shorter hands, which I like (although maybe a flaw but I don't care).
Is this still a watch you can recommend after having used it yourself for some time now?
Thanks!

Tbh I've only worn it a handful of times, but that's a personal thing. It winds smoothly, keeps great time and has a great pr, so I can recommend it in that sense. It's maybe a little boring for me

rwatch0

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
12/11/16
Belgium
Tbh I've only worn it a handful of times, but that's a personal thing. It winds smoothly, keeps great time and has a great pr, so I can recommend it in that sense. It's maybe a little boring for me
Yes I can see that. Thinking of using it against the subs and all in a more dressier way. Thanks!

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Yes I can see that. Thinking of using it against the subs and all in a more dressier way. Thanks!

That's exactly what I thought and have done but I very rarely get dressed up these days and when I do suit up, I usually reach for the nautilus
a171eaf7bd54f6ad7d8a77ae2d1eec76.jpg

Reactions: Cristobal

thumbsarehandy

I'm Pretty Popular
26/4/17
Thanks mate.

I chose SS over rg because I generally avoid plated PM reps. I was very tempted by the blue dial, but thought it would be too similar to my nautilus. In retrospect I could have got blue and would have loved it but the black is great too.

There's no bezel dent and the ap logo is still there: it was just the light
8205000303204932df5c1b29a0b1d7a7.jpg

The other flaws you mentioned don't bother me in the slightest. I appreciate it as a beautiful watch in its own right rather than an exact replica of the gen. I don't think I could tolerate this hobby without that ethos!

Many thanks for taking the time!

"I chose SS over rg because I generally avoid plated PM reps."
- It's good to hear that again! The AP in RG is sooooo tempting (thanks Phantomtech & Godfathar :) )

"I was very tempted by the blue dial, but thought it would be too similar to my nautilus."

- Actually, I'm very tempted about the idea to build a "trilogy":
1. AP 15400 - blue, SS
2. Rolex Yacht-Master 116622 - blue, SS
3. PP Nautilus - blue, SS
What do you think?

"The other flaws you mentioned don't bother me in the slightest. I appreciate it as a beautiful watch in its own right rather than an exact replica of the gen. I don't think I could tolerate this hobby without that ethos!"

- Thanks for the remind!

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Many thanks for taking the time!

"I chose SS over rg because I generally avoid plated PM reps."
- It's good to hear that again! The AP in RG is sooooo tempting (thanks Phantomtech & Godfathar :) )

"I was very tempted by the blue dial, but thought it would be too similar to my nautilus."

- Actually, I'm very tempted about the idea to build a "trilogy":
1. AP 15400 - blue, SS
2. Rolex Yacht-Master 116622 - blue, SS
3. PP Nautilus - blue, SS
What do you think?

"The other flaws you mentioned don't bother me in the slightest. I appreciate it as a beautiful watch in its own right rather than an exact replica of the gen. I don't think I could tolerate this hobby without that ethos!"

- Thanks for the remind!

Godfathers rg aquanaut has aged really well. I suppose rg doesn't really suit my colour pallet.

Your blue trilogy sounds great: if you love blue, you should embrace it! I seem to always migrate to black

thumbsarehandy

I'm Pretty Popular
26/4/17
... just missed out buying the AP 15202 quartz = out of stock

Did you ever consider? Maybe I got lucky :)

Caesar

Grand Poobah
16/1/17
Lady's Island, SC
Thank you for this!! I love getting a glimpse into peoples collections!! Yours looks amazing!! Maybe get a JLC at some point? Would look great with all your other watches.

25minutestoolate

Renowned Member
22/8/16
Asia
That's a great idea to have a blue trilogy of watches! Then because 3 (or indeed any number) isn't enough, go on to add a blue dial IWC ingy laureus and the pam bronzo with blue dial too... :hehehe:

thumbsarehandy

I'm Pretty Popular
26/4/17
That's a great idea to have a blue trilogy of watches! Then because 3 (or indeed any number) isn't enough, go on to add a blue dial IWC ingy laureus and the pam bronzo with blue dial too... :hehehe:

... and a blue Datejust II ... help! ... and a Seamaster Aqua Terra ... you're killing me! ... and a Pelagos ... somebody please! ... and a Portofino ... :hehehe:

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Very nice collection and thanks for sharing pics.

I've been drooling over your blue Aquanaut pics in the PP section for ages and think I'll have to try out my fist PP rep! Just waiting for the new movement to be released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Very nice collection and thanks for sharing pics.

I've been drooling over your blue Aquanaut pics in the PP section for ages and think I'll have to try out my fist PP rep! Just waiting for the new movement to be released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man. Hopefully v6f rep the 5168 with their new line; pp only announced it this year and it's in a bigger 42mm case. Mine is a fantasy and the dial is too aqua, suffering the same problem as the BPv1 nautilus. If they can get the blue on the dial correct, it'll be a no-brainer. The movement will be another potential pressure point. Someone rightly pointed out it might be tricky to service or find replacement parts

Caesar

Grand Poobah
16/1/17
Lady's Island, SC
I have been playing around with Google keep for the last hour or two.

Very cool program! Thanks for mentioning it in your post. I'd never heard of it, even though it was already on my phone... go figure.

I've been entering in the info on my watches as well. Excellent idea you had there!

Good to have on hand if I ever decide to get rid of any (memory is a little hazy at times).

Thanks again for sharing your dazzling little collection @Nivka!!

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
I have been playing around with Google keep for the last hour or two.

Very cool program! Thanks for mentioning it in your post. I'd never heard of it, even though it was already on my phone... go figure.

I've been entering in the info on my watches as well. Excellent idea you had there!

Good to have on hand if I ever decide to get rid of any (memory is a little hazy at times).

Thanks again for sharing your dazzling little collection @Nivka!!

You're most welcome! It also helps me keep track of what size strap I need for my pams, aquanaut etc and what movements each have etc. Anything to occupy me and divert me from spending money lol