• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nivka's humble collection

Replica01

I'm Pretty Popular
27/11/16
Great collection Nivka!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G928F met Tapatalk

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Very nice collection. Every piece a beauty of it´s own. You could add a Blackbay, a 15202, 15400 or AP Diver, maybe venture into some blue or white dials. A GMT would be nice like the 1675 vintage or Explorer II. Vacheron Overseas or Datejust would be nice too. The thing with dress-watches 4me is that I´m used to have some kind of timing device - so it restricts the practical wear mainly to divers or chronographs (exception made to GMT´s). Anyways, congrats on what You have assembled already :thumbsup:

Thanks mate. I value your opinion as much as anybody on here. Funny you mention the 15400; I picked this up last week:
cb07fe1ba6a827e62a9b0f5b5015849e.jpg

I completely agree that a 1675, DJ and a white dial would sit nicely and add some diversity. It's just a question of finding funds and in what order I acquire them.

I think I'll sell the hulk and po chrono as they don't get any wrist time.

I also really want a 16610lv and just picked up a gen blue insert so need another 5 digit to put that on.

I agree that it's useful having a timing function and I also strongly prefer having a date for work too.

rwatch0

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
12/11/16
Belgium
Awesome collection Nivka, very informative and great write up, as usual :) Thanks!

Sent from the RWI App

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
that pam makes me itch to wear my pam 111 again.... i constantly find myself falling out and in love with pams.... like some drunk man in a motel

magoohkg

I'm Pretty Popular
22/11/15
Nice set there mate, I would suggest a few Tudors perhaps!

Sent from my iPad using RWI

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Awesome collection Nivka, very informative and great write up, as usual :) Thanks!

Sent from the RWI App

Thanks mate!

that pam makes me itch to wear my pam 111 again.... i constantly find myself falling out and in love with pams.... like some drunk man in a motel

I'm the same. Love the look of them, but can go a few weeks without wearing one. Then I fall in love again and wear it nonstop for a spell.

Nice set there mate, I would suggest a few Tudors perhaps!

Sent from my iPad using RWI

Fair call. I need a model with the date though i rarely end up wearing it

Moldy780

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/8/16
mate I love the collection... but build a franken! They're so much fun.

Notice I said BUILD a franken. Frankens mean so much more when you buy the parts yourself and have it built rather than just buying a watch whole.

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
mate I love the collection... but build a franken! They're so much fun.

Notice I said BUILD a franken. Frankens mean so much more when you buy the parts yourself and have it built rather than just buying a watch whole.

I'd love to, but it'll have to wait until next year when I've got a bit more income. Any particular suggested models to franken?

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
@Nivka i usually just wait at m2m and shamelessly beg people to part away their frankens :rofl:

despite that, not looking to add anymore pieces to my collection :) my wrist is happy with the current ones now

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
@Nivka i usually just wait at m2m and shamelessly beg people to part away their frankens :rofl:

despite that, not looking to add anymore pieces to my collection :) my wrist is happy with the current ones now

That'll be me too as soon as I get a proper income next year =)

Moldy780

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/8/16
I'd love to, but it'll have to wait until next year when I've got a bit more income. Any particular suggested models to franken?

A good first franken is the Omega Seamaster 2531.80
Parts are cheaper and more readily available than all the other brands and there's a lot of experts/guides on here
My first franken was a Seamaster

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
A good first franken is the Omega Seamaster 2531.80
Parts are cheaper and more readily available than all the other brands and there's a lot of experts/guides on here
My first franken was a Seamaster

Thank you. The blue would add a bit of colour to my somewhat monochrome collection. I'll have a look at what goes into it

pdw1

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/16
Conus (Tennessee)
Just came across this thread my friend.
Fantastic collection & great thread too. I love them all! [emoji122][emoji106]

Also,
While we are being honest, I've always though that speedy was Gen. Can't believe it slipped by me. Lol! Great piece!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Just came across this thread my friend.
Fantastic collection & great thread too. I love them all! [emoji122][emoji106]

Also,
While we are being honest, I've always though that speedy was Gen. Can't believe it slipped by me. Lol! Great piece!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. Thanks bud. Just the crystal is gen on the FOIS. It's written in the stars I'll have a gen speedy soon enough :)

Acidaus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/2/17
Nice collection there bro! I'm in melbourne too. I've also got a TC Sub V7. Here's my much worse collection but I am happy with it.

Attachments

• collection.jpg
    collection.jpg
    626 KB · Views: 1
  • collection.jpg
    collection.jpg
    626 KB · Views: 1

thumbsarehandy

I'm Pretty Popular
26/4/17
Congratulations on your new acquisition - the AP 15400! Also, many thanks for providing the useful links!

Just a few questions, since this could be my next watch:
- what made you choose SS over RG?
- what made you choose a black dial over the more popular blue dial (especially on SS with steel bracelet)?

- a few things that jumped out, just casually looking at it:
- Dent in bezel at 11 o'clock
- upper plate on dial (the one that says Audemars Piguet) is too wide - space next to words is too big
- lower plate on dial (the one that says Automatic) is too wide - space next to words is too big
and the word "Automatic" sits too low.
- AP logo - is it the photo or did it fall off?

This made me look closely at the watch in the JF vs gen post - same flaws (except the AP logo)
Are those noticeable with the eye (especially the lower sitting word "automatic" or are those micro millimetre flaws?

Regards

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Congratulations on your new acquisition - the AP 15400! Also, many thanks for providing the useful links!

Just a few questions, since this could be my next watch:
- what made you choose SS over RG?
- what made you choose a black dial over the more popular blue dial (especially on SS with steel bracelet)?

- a few things that jumped out, just casually looking at it:
- Dent in bezel at 11 o'clock
- upper plate on dial (the one that says Audemars Piguet) is too wide - space next to words is too big
- lower plate on dial (the one that says Automatic) is too wide - space next to words is too big
and the word "Automatic" sits too low.
- AP logo - is it the photo or did it fall off?

This made me look closely at the watch in the JF vs gen post - same flaws (except the AP logo)
Are those noticeable with the eye (especially the lower sitting word "automatic" or are those micro millimetre flaws?

Regards

Thanks mate.

I chose SS over rg because I generally avoid plated PM reps. I was very tempted by the blue dial, but thought it would be too similar to my nautilus. In retrospect I could have got blue and would have loved it but the black is great too.

There's no bezel dent and the ap logo is still there: it was just the light
8205000303204932df5c1b29a0b1d7a7.jpg

The other flaws you mentioned don't bother me in the slightest. I appreciate it as a beautiful watch in its own right rather than an exact replica of the gen. I don't think I could tolerate this hobby without that ethos!