• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Do out of stock watches ever come back in stock?

25minutestoolate

Renowned Member
22/8/16
Asia
Hi guys,

I was devastated to hear that my recent order for the noob GMT CHS that I'd been lusting after for months, can't be fulfilled because it's out of stock. (That'll teach me to quit prevaricating over purchases and just order something I fancy - they're just reps after all)

I wonder, is it the case that when a batch of reps of a particular model are made, if they are sold out, that's kind of it? Or do the factories ever make another batch of the same rep? Or do the factories only wait for a further iteration to start again (e.g. v2, v3)? If anyone could shed some light on this, I'd be very grateful!

(On the side, anyone in Asia wanna let go of their GMT, hit me up lol)

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Im sure the CHS will be available in a few weeks, they are the new fad after all. But to answer your question Noob will never roll back production to a V5 Sub. Other less known factories catch up and I'm sure similar to the V5 is in production somewhere in CN at this written moment.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

25minutestoolate

Renowned Member
22/8/16
Asia
... and here I was, panicking and thinking that I'd have to grudgingly settle for an ICHS and live in the fear of constant callouts from my colleagues, my girlfriend, the bloke on the bus I take to work everyday and the lady who packs the salad I buy for lunch on Wednesdays "do you want the chicken breast or the salm... hey! why is your watch's hour hand above the gmt hand? No salad for you today":helpsmilie:

Seriously though, thanks for the reassurance guys. My TD mentioned that they've been out since before CNY so the demand must be off the charts.

chronomate

Mythical Poster
27/5/15
... and here I was, panicking and thinking that I'd have to grudgingly settle for an ICHS and live in the fear of constant callouts from my colleagues, my girlfriend, the bloke on the bus I take to work everyday and the lady who packs the salad I buy for lunch on Wednesdays "do you want the chicken breast or the salm... hey! why is your watch's hour hand above the gmt hand? No salad for you today":helpsmilie:

Seriously though, thanks for the reassurance guys. My TD mentioned that they've been out since before CNY so the demand must be off the charts.

Moreover, if so many were sold, they will also come up in M2M once in a while.

But then make sure you'll not be 25 minutes too late again :laugh:

evilpenguin

I'm Pretty Popular
17/2/15

Fantastic write up. I actually felt like I was in your shoes, sweating it out while trying to buy my salad...

yojj

I'm Pretty Popular
30/11/16
There's another way is to check with another TD.

The same thing happened to me as well. My usual TD go to was Intime, but that time they are out of stock, then I turned to TB, and they had that in. So worked out for me. :)

yojj

I'm Pretty Popular
30/11/16
Although all the TD get their watch from the factories, they sometimes do hold a little bit stock in their hands, thus each TD's availability will be slightly different.

ex. CHS GMT is out of stock from factory, but one TD just happen to have one extra that he didn't sell yet on hand.

Cramebame

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/2/17
I was wondering the same thing, I been watching the M2M sales but still haven't seen a omega ploprof guessing its not popular.

evilpenguin

I'm Pretty Popular
17/2/15
I was wondering the same thing, I been watching the M2M sales but still haven't seen a omega ploprof guessing its not popular.

You'll see ones come up every now and then, but yeah, they're not the most popular..

25minutestoolate

Renowned Member
22/8/16
Asia
Although all the TD get their watch from the factories, they sometimes do hold a little bit stock in their hands, thus each TD's availability will be slightly different.

ex. CHS GMT is out of stock from factory, but one TD just happen to have one extra that he didn't sell yet on hand.

I was worried that those extra pieces held by TDs might by QC rejects. Is that the case? Especially if the model is super popular to begin with. I imagine quite a few batmans with people having rejected the bezel.

D

d4m.test

You and @atgm need to start an ICHS support group. :hehehe:

yojj

I'm Pretty Popular
30/11/16
I was worried that those extra pieces held by TDs might by QC rejects. Is that the case? Especially if the model is super popular to begin with. I imagine quite a few batmans with people having rejected the bezel.
Good point, that could be the case, but after all if you think it's good then it's good right ?

25minutestoolate

Renowned Member
22/8/16
Asia
Good point, that could be the case, but after all if you think it's good then it's good right ?
Heh yes, but I'd like to think that I was receiving something as good as can be (for a rep), rather than... seconds. Especially with this model that has a hit or miss movement too :worried:

yojj

I'm Pretty Popular
30/11/16
Heh yes, but I'd like to think that I was receiving something as good as can be (for a rep), rather than... seconds. Especially with this model that has a hit or miss movement too :worried:

True. I think the same way too. Especially the CHS model is very tricky.

Sent from the RWI mobile app