• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First purchase problem.

nobbyc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/6/16
Hi all,
I recently purchased a Pam 372 and posted pics as I love the watch.It is my first rep and it looks great.
However I only just realized that it has got absolutely no Luminus capability,it is zero.I didnt think to check it at first,should I contact the TD ?

Nobby

Radman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
6/12/13
What is the link? Maybe it is not supposed to be luminous

nobbyc

30/6/16
Absolutely none.If I take a pic of it it will be blackness.I tried putting it in sunshine all day and still nothing.

D

d4m.test

Try charging the lime with a flashlight near the dial for 30 seconds to a minute. If there still is no lume, then I'd say contact Puretime.

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Interesting, I wonder how often this happens...I wouldnt even think to ask the TD for lume shots. Sounds like you may need to send it back.

Panfan969

Known Member
15/10/15
Charging it off of a soft white light should produce a very nice lume. I typically use the spotlights that are in the fixture above my bathroom vanity as they put out quite a bit of heat.
Sunshine works as well but this would be the easiest way to see what you are working with.

Fiddo

-----
Gold Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
Yep, you should not have any difficulties seeing lume on that watch. $138 is a good deal, regardless.

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
At $138 USD, hardly worth sending it back. Tell them your problem and ask for a further discount on another , with good lume, and keep the one you have for spares or as a daytime beater.

Pasha

Renowned Member
9/10/13
Guys, there's a reason those 372s are priced so low.

What do you expect?

Roadman

Known Member
19/11/16
Guys, there's a reason those 372s are priced so low.

What do you expect?
I dunno about that... I paid 298 for a BP submariner recently and the lume is pretty bad. It's bright for a short while but nearly completely dead after 5 or so mins. It's also green, whereas in the photos it was blue. That's life, I guess!

nobbyc

30/6/16
Thanks guys,I really dont want to have the hassle of sending it back.

ddlox

28/3/15
Thanks guys,I really dont want to have the hassle of sending it back.

Agree with above that $138 most likely won't change your life, but it definitely wouldn't hurt to inquire with the TD about it. As mentioned by timnic54, you should ask for a decent discount on your next rep.

nobbyc

30/6/16
I would settle for a discount as Im ready for my second purchase.Sending it back would be a pain in the ass..Apart from the Lume I was really happy with Puretime and will use again.

tickedoff

Supporter
2/1/17
canada
I bought a Pam with little to no lume, for around the same price you paid. If your like me, you will probably buy another Pam shortly, but this time , spend a little more to get good quality.

AL0HA

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/8/16
At that price, if you can get a discount on a second watch, I think it'll be a win/win. I might have to look into this myself! :)

nobbyc

30/6/16
Yes I probably will when funds allow.Which Pam was your second purchase? Did you get a better quality?
The watch I have is great apart from the Lum. But I am no expert.

tickedoff

Supporter
2/1/17
canada
Yes I probably will when funds allow.Which Pam was your second purchase? Did you get a better quality?
The watch I have is great apart from the Lum. But I am no expert.

The Pam I purchased with the bad lume, was the 673 . I still enjoy wearing it, I added a really nice strap , so I am ok with it.
The Pam I purchased last month was the 604. I am very happy with this purchase, but I paid 3 times what I paid for the 673.
There are many Pam's available for purchase on M2M here, or you can purchase through a TD.
I personally would save up for something like the 604, or if you don't like engraved cases, then maybe this one:
http://www.intime01.co/panerai/1381-pam388-o-zf-1-1-best-edition-on-black-leather-strap-p9000.html
In the end you have to be happy with your choice.
I have always been happy with the service and the watches I get from Ryan at Intime.
This is his email: [email protected]
He will be back from holiday on the 5 Feb.