• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Shaken not stirred. Aka. Oh No!!! Not another Bond Watch Thread!!! (Pic. Heavy)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
also didn't Dalton wear a 16800 and not a 16610 ? its so hard to tell but I think the date of the movie production is part of the riddle.
Oooh the plot thickens :) Well possible my friend. My info is based on a few corresponding articles, but again very few pics to get it right.

J!m1

Renowned Member
6/6/14
Connecticut
Should we, the "dark side" community, take it upon ourselves to create the definitive bond watch resource?

Collectively we have enough watch geeks and researchers strewn across the globe to scour every dark dusty corner for the most accurate information...

Might be cool!

J!m1

Renowned Member
6/6/14
Connecticut
Oooh the plot thickens :) Well possible my friend. My info is based on a few corresponding articles, but again very few pics to get it right.

Maaaaybe it was a 168000! Did it have white gold surrounds? If so it could be either a "double -oh" or a "triple-oh".

Double oh would fit better but only people of a certain mental deficiency, such as ourselves, would dare put so much thought into what amounts to a nearly insignificant prop in a multi million dollar movie production!

Juraj_G

Renowned Member
24/9/16
So, i am about to study Lazenby today evening
cdd9f307931629db2c3176a9119c55bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
So far I have seen a few for Dalton all pointing to 16610 and TAGs

This is prob the most detailed, only saw it now. However you will find they are based on opinions "Assessments"

http://jamesbondwatches.com/

1989 “Licence to Kill,” Timothy Dalton as Ian Fleming’s James Bond 007 Rolex Submariner Oyster Perpetual Date wristwatch 16610 Assessment by Dell Deaton (reference Franca E Guido Mondani, Lele Ravagnani “Rolex Submariner Story”)
1987 “The Living Daylights,” Timothy Dalton as Ian Fleming’s James Bond 007 TAG Heuer Professional 200 Meters wristwatch 980.013 David Chalmers, Dell Deaton, and Paul Gavin first to identify this watch April 2, 2010
1987 “The Living Daylights,” Timothy Dalton as Ian Fleming’s James Bond 007 TAG Heuer Professional Night?Dive wristwatch 980.031 David Chalmers, Dell Deaton, and Paul Gavin

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
It is an advertising blurb so may not be accurate either. Rolex trying to sell what they want rather than what was actually in the film, I just do not know.

007-Timothy-Dalton-Rolex-Submariner.jpg

Juraj_G

Renowned Member
24/9/16
Agree with the chrono, but for the sub, i am not so sure, if i see the CGs as on the 5513

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Agree with the chrono, but for the sub, i am not so sure, if i see the CGs as on the 5513

Yeah at first it looked like a Big Crown with no CGs. But then on looking closer they seem to be there alright. The early 5513 had pretty stubby CGs as far as I know.

J!m1

Renowned Member
6/6/14
Connecticut
So I went and checked the bond watch website noted above and I take issue with "live and let die":

“Live and Let Die,” Roger Moore as Ian Fleming’s James Bond 007

Hamilton Pulsar wristwatch P2 / 2900 (“Astronaut”)

Although he may have worn this; he also had a sub. (going from memory but I've seen it a dozen or more times now) when they are under the night club and the bad boss asks the girl the serial number of bond's watch, isn't he holding a sub? It sticks in my mind because like most here, I know the serial is not on the case back... No time to check it myself but maybe someone else has the time to ...

EDIT> nevermind. They have a second entry for the movie with the 5513...

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
JB Never gets stuck at road works. "Live and let Die" 5513