• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Shaken not stirred. Aka. Oh No!!! Not another Bond Watch Thread!!! (Pic. Heavy)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I've purchased other things from (her?) before.

I think I need to request the branded stuff right?
Yes or else you get an homage. $95 extra for the branding. They usually give you a range of dials to choose from so just tell him exactly what you want, supply photos to be sure to be sure so there can be no mistakes.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
_MG_7972_1.jpg

_MG_0003.jpg

_MG_6995.jpg

_MG_0465.jpg

_MG_9854.jpg

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Great post, p. Never knew you were so into Bondage

My only Bond is my 6538 (complete with 2 lines and no indices for the first 15 minutes thanks to @Thrasher 's advice), although I don't wear it in a 16mm nato

b6bd164483011364dec8f005320ca57e.jpg

I reckon the black ceramic smp is the standout of the rest. Would love one of those one day

Reactions: C Master

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I couldn't do the small Nato either even I have to draw the line at some point

My only Bond is my 6538 (complete with 2 lines and no indices for the first 15 minutes thanks to @Thrasher 's advice), although I don't wear it in a 16mm nato

I reckon the black ceramic smp is the standout of the rest. Would love one of those one day

Bilko

Alfaholic
16/6/09
I've got a custom made 6538 bond on its way very soon so can join the club any day :). Looking forward to it.

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
A fun read on a Sunday morning, thanks P. Connery has always been the best Bond imho but Craig also had that underlying streak of menace that none of the others could really pull off, especially Moore.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

lethalspectre

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/5/16
Rolex 16610LN

LivingDaylights_RolexSub.jpg

Timothy Dalton’s weapon of choice in “Licence to Kill” was the infamous 5 digit. You must excuse my poetic licence here as I do not have an aluminium LN, so I improvised a bit lol. Use your imagination and picture a Black Bezel :)

Omega Seamaster 300 2531.80 (SMP300)

James-Bond-Omega-Watch-DAD-featured.jpg
JB_Die_another_day.jpg
twine03.JPG

Pierce Brosnan, from a little town called Navan in Co. Meath heralded the dawn of Omega as the choice for Bond, due mainly to a new designer and the links between Omega and British military watches. These were gadget laden watches. In “Golden Eye” he wears something with a battery or something in it called the 2541.80. However, by “Tomorrow Never Dies” they see sense and give him a 41mm automatic 2531.80, he continues with the 2531.80 throughout his tenure as Bond, so we see it in “The world is not enough” and “Die another day” as well. However I did read somewhere that they lost their marbles briefly again in “The world is not enough” and gave him a 36.5mm quartz 2561.80, however I am not sure on this.

Here is one of my favourite Bond watches the Omega 2531.80.

I'll supply pics of the golden eye 2541 if need be as I own the gen

Sent from the RWI mobile app

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland

Mine lives on a Yuki 7206 most of the time.

J!m1

Renowned Member
6/6/14
Connecticut
I think there was a web site with a comprehensive listing of every watch. Anyone have that link? Some of the 80's digitals with lasers etc were pretty far out there.

Even with 21st century battery technology we can't put a laser powerful enough to melt mild steel in a wristwatch. Maybe a backpack...

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I think there was a web site with a comprehensive listing of every watch. Anyone have that link? Some of the 80's digitals with lasers etc were pretty far out there.

Even with 21st century battery technology we can't put a laser powerful enough to melt mild steel in a wristwatch. Maybe a backpack...
There are a lot of articles written on Bond watches however in my opinion some are inaccurate and some are just badly written. You have to trawl through a few of them to get correct info. Then match them up with film stills to ensure accuracy of the info. Roger Moore had a serious amount of way out watches with a load of gadgets. The other Bonds are quite straight forward when you know what you are looking for.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Totally agree there is some bad info out there in regards to what Bond actually wore. In WatchTime or IW Watch magazine for instance there was an article this past year where they got nearly everything wrong, Either the model number or the picture its just so sad such respected magazines cant get it right, needless to say the following month there was a slew of letters to the editor blasting them for their inaccuracies. If you look in my 5513 or 6538 thread i think I posted a couple links that were fairly accurate. also didn't Dalton wear a 16800 and not a 16610 ? its so hard to tell but I think the date of the movie production is part of the riddle.

There are a lot of articles written on Bond watches however in my opinion some are inaccurate and some are just badly written. You have to trawl through a few of them to get correct info. Then match them up with film stills to ensure accuracy of the info. Roger Moore had a serious amount of way out watches with a load of gadgets. The other Bonds are quite straight forward when you know what you are looking for.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I may have also posted links in Pratts Roger Moore Buzz Saw 5513 thread , I think for us to be truly better than the rest we need to be accurate. I love going in a AD and talking to the sales people some are truly incredible and others are just pathetic.