• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Shaken not stirred. Aka. Oh No!!! Not another Bond Watch Thread!!! (Pic. Heavy)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I love them all! Let's put some rivets on those....... That's like the student telling the teacher what to do! Beautiful collection.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
There is a Rivet on the 5513 :) No Live and Let Die worth its salt should be without one. The Yuki goes back on the 6538 the next time I wear it although I am considering a vintage leather strap for it.

cpd2186

Runway Model
Supporter
5/4/16
There is a Rivet on the 5513 :) No Live and Let Die worth its salt should be without one. The Yuki goes back on the 6538 the next time I wear it although I am considering a vintage leather strap for it.
Whatever you do, they will be beautiful!

Sent from the RWI mobile app

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Great read and some great watches !

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Great thread, getting me all in the mood to throw a Bond on!

I've gone through all the Seamasters and the one that's stuck with me until now is the 2220 [emoji106]

ae94ff6352eccef268b93ed2416e3c1a.jpg

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I am also now in the mood to watch Spectre specifically or Skyfall. However my wife wants to watch the Bowie documentary. Normally that would be great but I have already seen it :(. And no we have not succumbed to having 2 TVs in the house despite the kids protestations, especially when I give away TVs when I get a new one.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Incredibly well done thread. Thank you for the mention. A+++++
Could not have a Bond thread without you mentioned in it :).

Yeah there is a lot of bits and pieces of info on Bond Watches out there. I just compiled that info into one thread then did my special tarting it up thingy.

Chrono1

Known Member
3/1/17
Great post OP,very informative great to know what information we have at our disposal on this forum...well done!!!

J!m1

Renowned Member
6/6/14
Connecticut
@yllekp : I enjoyed that.

I just finished my 5512 and my 1680 just got the last part ordered for its restoration.

Care to share your build out on the big crown? I've been toying with the idea of doing one. My cosmograph project is on hold- with correct pushers I need a Valjoux 72. The Asian what-ever-it-is movement does not work with proper screwed in pushers.

Any plans to get the missing digital watches?

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Could not have a Bond thread without you mentioned in it :).

Yeah there is a lot of bits and pieces of info on Bond Watches out there. I just compiled that info into one thread then did my special tarting it up thingy.

Tart I love that word! You truly have done well in this thread. You guys that put out the work so the members might benefit are truly RWI heros.

However I must argue with your statement that you are the Luckiest guy on RWI, Let me please point out that I'm now retired as of Dec 30, 2016, I live in Southern California 7 blocks from the Beach and my wife is French, 5 foot 7 and 126 pounds and I have a Son who has a great education and Career, I also have a very nice cat. I must say then that I am incredibly Lucky and Thankful to be a part of the RWI community.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
@yllekp : I enjoyed that.

I just finished my 5512 and my 1680 just got the last part ordered for its restoration.

Care to share your build out on the big crown? I've been toying with the idea of doing one. My cosmograph project is on hold- with correct pushers I need a Valjoux 72. The Asian what-ever-it-is movement does not work with proper screwed in pushers.

Any plans to get the missing digital watches?
That 6538 is an out of the box HR Sean Connery, No mods. I like them looking new :)

I never realised how many Bond watches I had till I did the thread. I was collecting them because of their beauty not because of the Bond connection. So no plans to collect the digitals. I have about 5 quatrz I think and that is enough lol.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Tart I love that word! You truly have done well in this thread. You guys that put out the work so the members might benefit are truly RWI heros.

However I must argue with your statement that you are the Luckiest guy on RWI, Let me please point out that I'm now retired as of Dec 30, 2016, I live in Southern California 7 blocks from the Beach and my wife is French, 5 foot 7 and 126 pounds and I have a Son who has a great education and Career, I also have a very nice cat. I must say then that I am incredibly Lucky and Thankful to be a part of the RWI community.
I was only talking about the RWI context lol. 2 raffles won in a row :)

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
lovely post and collection my friend!

J!m1

Renowned Member
6/6/14
Connecticut
That 6538 is an out of the box HR Sean Connery, No mods. I like them looking new :)

I never realised how many Bond watches I had till I did the thread. I was collecting them because of their beauty not because of the Bond connection. So no plans to collect the digitals. I have about 5 quatrz I think and that is enough lol.

Sweet thank you. I'm going to look into that.