• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Shaken not stirred. Aka. Oh No!!! Not another Bond Watch Thread!!! (Pic. Heavy)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
This is a weird question but.. did we ever find out why he wore and undersized NATO strap for the 6538?
I'm left wondering that as well.
Also, loving the avatar man!
Hey, is that a raincoat? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The speculation on that one is they had the watch head but no strap. They did not want to take the time to resize a Rivet bracelet, as it would delay shooting, so someone had a 16mm RAF handy off another watch. Yes the speculation is it was a 16mm not an18mm which I have on mine. it is so simple it could be true.

alessandri

I'm Pretty Popular
28/10/15
@yllekp -great thread brother. Cool pictures and concise writing.

Looking for someone in Koh Samui, Thailand/ and Beijing, China. Pm me if you live there.

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
Excellent write-up! This should be a Bond sticky and a must-read for all Bond fans.

I have to admit, when I was looking at the top pictures, the one thing that kept me reading was "Where the heck did he wear an LV?!" ;)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Excellent write-up! This should be a Bond sticky and a must-read for all Bond fans.

I have to admit, when I was looking at the top pictures, the one thing that kept me reading was "Where the heck did he wear an LV?!" ;)
Lol establishing curiosity always keeps people wanting to know more :)

Aquanautilus

Renowned Member
23/9/16
Awsome write up! [emoji106][emoji106]
I like it a lot!

5d64c867d2ddd1a03a9af6bf2bbb3727.gif

Radman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
6/12/13
Umm this is what you do with a couple of hours of free time? This was awesome brother!
You may have to renounce you moderatorship...

chronomate

Mythical Poster
27/5/15
What a pity I can give only one like per post. I'd actually give it rather 100x "I love". :smile:

Man, this is one of the best and most entertaining threads I've ever seen. And this does not only apply to RWI but to all the forums I browse.

Great work @yllekp! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
What a pity I can give only one like per post. I'd actually give it rather 100x "I love". :smile:

Man, this is one of the best and most entertaining threads I've ever seen. And this does not only apply to RWI but to all the forums I browse.

Great work @yllekp! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Wow thank you for those kind words. I am so glad it seems to be very much enjoyed by people so far :) I enjoyed doing it. I might re shoot some stuff some day but it was a bugger to post as one is limited to 10,000 characters and 20 images. I found out the hard way.

psyphyc

Renowned Member
18/11/15
My thoughts exactly. Or maybe we should deliberately create days where the sales section is slow so you can get a couple hours of free time every week. Terrific post man. Made my day!

Umm this is what you do with a couple of hours of free time? This was awesome brother!
You may have to renounce you moderatorship...

velox

1/5/15
Loved the Bond movies from being a teenager. Just watched "Man with the golden gun" the other day, would love to visit Thailand and the James Bond island some day. One of my favorite Bond location. Im planning on doing a Bond marathon soon (when i have finished watching 6 series of Games of thrones he he). This i need to do when the wifey and kids are gone to bed :)
This is now my fav tread on RWI @yllekp, nicelly done bro :)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Loved the Bond movies from being a teenager. Just watched "Man with the golden gun" the other day, would love to visit Thailand and the James Bond island some day. One of my favorite Bond location. Im planning on doing a Bond marathon soon (when i have finished watching 6 series of Games of thrones he he). This i need to do when the wifey and kids are gone to bed :)
This is now my fav tread on RWI @yllekp, nicelly done bro :)
Yeah I have done the Bond Marathons but like you on my own when Wife and kids are either out or sleeping. A friend of mine who is a real big Bond fan had his honeymoon there. Is was great to see his photo taken in the exact same location too. It helps that he really looks like a cross between Connery and Brosnan.

D

d4m.test

Wow P, thy was a cracking write up. Loved every bit, even though I'm not really a fan of Rollies. Thanks for the tare down and photos. Brosnan may be from your neck of the woods, but the most recent Bond is from just down the road from me. Just a couple of miles away. I love what they've done with the character since the reinvention with Craig. I wonder who will be next.... Hiddleston would not be my choice and as mush as I love Hardy, I don't think he'd make a good Bond. But then I didn't rate Craig when he was cast, and turns out I was wrong there. Maybe he will come back for one more after all

Sent from the RWI mobile app

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Wow P, thy was a cracking write up. Loved every bit, even though I'm not really a fan of Rollies. Thanks for the tare down and photos. Brosnan may be from your neck of the woods, but the most recent Bond is from just down the road from me. Just a couple of miles away. I love what they've done with the character since the reinvention with Craig. I wonder who will be next.... Hiddleston would not be my choice and as mush as I love Hardy, I don't think he'd make a good Bond. But then I didn't rate Craig when he was cast, and turns out I was wrong there. Maybe he will come back for one more after all

My personal fav for it would be Christopher Eccleston but he may be too old for it now. Then again Brosnan was no spring chicken when he did it.

D

d4m.test

My personal fav for it would be Christopher Eccleston but he may be too old for it now. Then again Brosnan was no spring chicken when he did it.

I was hoping for Clive Owen last time around, but he's a little long in the tooth now too. If it's just a three movie deal, both may still be good choices but depends how quick they knock out the movies. I couldn't see either still doing it in 10 years from now.

atgm

Patron
21/11/15
@yllekp In your opinion, are there any trends in the types of watches they've used? Want to make a guess at what'll show up in the next one? ;)

cpd2186

Runway Model
Supporter
5/4/16
I love them all! Let's put some rivets on those....... That's like the student telling the teacher what to do! Beautiful collection.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
@yllekp In your opinion, are there any trends in the types of watches they've used? Want to make a guess at what'll show up in the next one? ;)
Well Omega seems to have the Franchise for now. It looks like Rolex are shut out. Craig will prob have one of those new POs and who knows maybe even a constellation. Omega seem to be using the franchise to promote at least 2 watches per film now excluding the bad guys.

A New Bond will probably have some nod to past Bonds but a completely new look as well. Pure guess on my part.