• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Shaken not stirred. Aka. Oh No!!! Not another Bond Watch Thread!!! (Pic. Heavy)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
1mCSd.jpg

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Looks great! Gen or what maker?

This is an old V6F, I cannot remember wht they call themselves now. It is about 2014-2015. They got rid of the date window surround on the newer ones, which I thought was a shame.

Swerepguy

12/2/18
This is an old V6F, I cannot remember wht they call themselves now. It is about 2014-2015. They got rid of the date window surround on the newer ones, which I thought was a shame.

I'm with you, looks much better with the metal around the date.

Reactions: C Master

ajhaddy

Horology Curious
22/9/18
Heh. Before this thread I had never really taken a close look at Connery's original 'nato', and seen it showing about a cm of spring bar. That Bond is lucky he's a snappy dresser otherwise .✨

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
Heh. Before this thread I had never really taken a close look at Connery's original 'nato', and seen it showing about a cm of spring bar. That Bond is lucky he's a snappy dresser otherwise .✨

Yeah there's never been an explanation as to why he's wearing a 16mm band on a watch with 20mm lug spacing. BTW the strap is an RAF, not a NATO, so it's a single strip of fabric with a self keeper. The best current rep of the Goldfinger strap is available on eBay in 16, 18 and 20.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Yeah there's never been an explanation as to why he's wearing a 16mm band on a watch with 20mm lug spacing. BTW the strap is an RAF, not a NATO, so it's a single strip of fabric with a self keeper. The best current rep of the Goldfinger strap is available on eBay in 16, 18 and 20.

One explanation I heard was the rivet bracelet had to be resized as they were about to shoot. So a crew member had an RAF strap and they just went and threw it on instead as it would take too long to deal with the Rivet bracelet. For continuity they kept it for the whole film.

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
One explanation I heard was the rivet bracelet had to be resized as they were about to shoot. So a crew member had an RAF strap and they just went and threw it on instead as it would take too long to deal with the Rivet bracelet. For continuity they kept it for the whole film.

That makes sense since it was supposedly Cubby Broccoli's watch, and Cubby was heftier than Connery.

C5000

29/6/12
I never ever look in this part of the forum, but I'm glad I saw this. I love when my wife goes to sleep early and I can put a Bond on. I remember seeing For Your Eyes Only in the theater when I was a kid. That Lotus! Crossbows! Hot women! I think I had a boner for a week.

Reactions: C Master