• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lemainia Movement

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
http://supermirror1.com/upload/2016081536768577.JPG

Hi all,
Am looking into my first rep purchase
I'm interested in this speedy from Sead at Supermirror
It looks to me like a Speedy Moon 2nd Generation 1959
It's priced around $259 which sounds ok, any thoughts on this?
I've done a bit of research on the Lemania movement with mixed views as a result, anyone want to put their two bobs worth in?

Sent from the RWI mobile app

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
The movement is often called a lemania clone or venus 175 clone. In fact it is very different. The ST19 (Which is what it is) is one of the nicest movements in repdom, IMHO . Solid as a rock and stunning value for money.

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Thanks for the reply, A bit confused tho, Sead describes it as a Lemania, U say it is very different?.. what is different? u say it is a ST19... I don't understand sorry, can u clarify?. Sorry for being a bit dim, very new to this!

Godly35

11/6/15
I think the sub dials on the speedy pro rep is always too far apart, only the quartz versions are accurate.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

ffuhcu

14/7/16
Thanks for the reply, A bit confused tho, Sead describes it as a Lemania, U say it is very different?.. what is different? u say it is a ST19... I don't understand sorry, can u clarify?. Sorry for being a bit dim, very new to this!

The gen Speedmaster Moonwatch uses Lemania derived cal. 861 movement.

The rep is a Seagull ST19 (which is actually a Venus 175, Seagull bought the tooling etc from Venus back in the 1960s). It's a lovely looking movement and can be quite reliable I believe.

So, two different movements, the most visible difference from the front caused by using the different movement is the subdial spacing is not the same on the reps, the subdials are two spaced out from the middle which causes shorter markers usually.

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand

It is not a lemania movement at all. It is the ST19 which is actually a descendant of the Venus, sharing some common interchangeable parts. It is actually made on the same tool set. There are some differences , the most obvious being the subdial spacing is wider, than the venus.

All that said the ST19 is a noble movement. A wonderfully designed column wheel chronograph movement, which if cleaned and serviced should give excellent and very long term service.

Not least of the reasons for servicing and cleaning Chinese rep movements is the post production engraving and printing they endure, in not the most conducive conditions.

d4v3

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/3/13
Great replys gents thanks very much, understand about the dial spacing but I just love the speedy!
Hey why dont you try the speedmaster snoopy apollo 13 microstepper?, dial spacing is not that bad, check with reg.

Avee8tor

Renowned Member
1/11/13
Ontario Canada.
Try the 2013 speedy. It's kind of like a speedy pro/speedy reduced hybrid. I've had mine for a year and it keeps spot on time. I have a gen 57 speedy that I never wear either, as I prefer this one

Avee8tor

Renowned Member
1/11/13
Ontario Canada.
Look at the td websites under 2013. Comes with leather or metal bracelet. One thing you will want to do is buy a gen plexus for it. Makes all the difference.