• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

USPS Problem?

Limer

Renowned Member
4/5/16
Hi Everybody!

I just have a quick question and wondered if anybody here knows more about this or has any advice.

I ordered a gen 7205 bracelet from the USA, bought from the seller before and the USPS shipping only took four days to Germany. This time, the package had been accepted by the post office in NY and had been shipped to Austria, again I am in Germany. Now the package is stuck in Austria since the 09th.
The tracking just says: AUSTRIA, VIENNA, Departed, Your item departed a transfer airport in METROPOLITAN AREA, VIENNA, AUSTRIA on December 9, 2016 at 9:55 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Is this a common thing? I never had something like this before, so I ask for your advice.

Thanks for the help, Guys!

Cheers,
Limer

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
At that point wouldn't it be the Austrian postal service that's handling the package now, not USPS? If so your query should be with them.

What tracking are you using to check? Either way it's probably just stuck in holiday season delays, tbh.

bagin77

23/3/16
Call the Austrian postal service and inquire about your package with the tracking number. The reps on the phone have much more information visible and available than online tracking tools (at least, that's what I would always do, and it helped easing my mind about my package)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
Call the Austrian postal service and inquire about your package with the tracking number. The reps on the phone have much more information visible and available than online tracking tools (at least, that's what I would always do, and it helped easing my mind about my package)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Really? Must be nice. Whenever I've called Canada Post about an errant package, they've always had absolutely no idea what planet they're even on. I once called about a package that went to the wrong province first, only to be told it was undeliverable because the only information they had on file was a postal code. Then after a few days it somehow miraculously arrived in the right city, where CP spent four days or so seemingly trying to decipher the Da Vinci code in order to find the address. Somehow it was then sent out for delivery, only to have it immediately recalled to verify the address... again. Yet somehow it was delivered the very next day with the FULL AND CORRECT ADDRESS CLEARLY PRINTED ON THE SHIPPING LABEL.

You don't know true incompetency until you've experienced Canada post lol.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
It's Christmas - quite normal IMO, you'll get it eventually.

Limer

Renowned Member
4/5/16
Thanks for the answers [MENTION=48066]tripdog[/MENTION] [MENTION=58957]Dowbs[/MENTION] [MENTION=123422]bagin77[/MENTION]

I considered the normal christmas delay, I was just irritated that the package has been send to austria, since it is not the delivery country and I never saw that before. I will try to get a hold of the austrian post to get more info, the shipments tracking number is not in their system though, according to their website.

But it will probably just be the standard Christmas post thing as you guys pointed out.