• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Do I have a watch obsession or am I just a normal guy around here?

Rotador

I'm Pretty Popular
28/9/14
Panerista1979, you are normal and you are in the right place.

Good collection, by the way.
th_finger.gif

Reactions: Surftime

JohnnyBe

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/1/16
Nice collection mate,i think we all have this obsession more or less..

monstar

2/10/16
Damn nice collection you got there! I like the AP diver and the pam087 in particular.

I've started compiling a list of what I wanna buy, it's already at 8 and I've only joined this forum a few weeks ago.

You're obsessed alright, that's for sure lol. But whether it's a healthy one or not is up to you and your money management. If you eat dollar menu on daily basis to buy those watches then you need help, pronto. Otherwise, have fun and keep adding more (um... not sure I just made a good advice or not).

Dr. Mike

Renowned Member
7/9/15
Here's the scientific deal on our obsession. Dopamine. Dopamine is our "hey that feels really good, let's do that again" chemical.
There's lots of places to get dopamine. Food. Sex. Chasing vagina. Cocaine. Facebook (yes, Facebook).
They're all addictive. I've always had a dopamine addiction. I used to chase women throughout my first marriage. The divorce cost me $240,000 in cash and 2 houses.
Years later, marriage #2. We discuss all of our skeletons and go to a marriage counselor prior to getting married. He confirms our dopamine addictions. She gets her fix from her horses. I get mine from watches and guitars. Much safer for a marriage.
Sometimes (never often enough) we'll whisper in eachother's ear, "wanna give eachother some dopamine?"
That always ends fun!
But as for the obsession, if it keeps you honest in your marriage or from seeking dopamine from unhealthy sources, then have fun!

Sent from a remote corner of the world using a series of clicks, grunts and generous amounts of profanity

Danii

I'm Pretty Popular
16/12/15
Absolutely stunning collection! - What's the name of that box with the 2x2 watch winders and how are you liking it?
I really like the layout of it!

panerista1979

Certified
20/3/09
Germany - Ruhrgebiet
WOW guys!

Thank you all for your kind words, compliments and the medical advise :laugh:.
Yes, a show off like this sreams "fishing for compliments" but this was not the intention. ;)

I was deep into this hobby a few years ago (around 2009 till 2011) and had around ten watches. Some of them I should never have sold maybe (DSN Fiddy first batch, Little Hero PAM111, some WM9's and BK's)...

Since a few months I'm back in the forums around, before I preferred RG, and think I found a new and friendly hobby home here with you great people around. :)

I love to exchange expiriences with other ethusiast in all of my hobbys. I'm into cars and photography as well, cruising through forums talking to many different people. I need this as compensation to my stressy job (I have a own little company for car dealing and detailing).

When I started to scroll though RWI a few month back I was highly impressed how good the "new" replicas are, especially Noob RLX's and JF AP's.
Of course a rep will always be a rep no matter how much modded it is but the chase after perfectionizing the imperfect is lots of fun!
I have and have had various gens but I like changing the watches a couple of times in the week, sometimes within one day. This would be a liitle to pricey (hope this is no fantasy spelling XD) especially with the AP's. So what's against some nice replica watches? ;)

Some of you where thinking about my bankbalance, I promise everything is fine (for now XD ).

So once again THANK YOU for your nice words. I'm happy to be around with you guys and will have a lot of fun in the future as well, I think. :)

I really like it here. :punk:

Cheers from Germany

R. :callme:

Hyjynx

28/9/13
I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you, but there are no normal guys in this forum. You might have missed the sign outside that says "Welcome to RWI. Group Therapy In Session"[emoji12]

Nice collection, by the way. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

monstar

2/10/16
I need to get away from.this place before I catch watch addiction from you guys.
... oh wait, it's too late, lol.

Stealthy

MULTI ACCOUNT
9/4/13
I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you, but there are no normal guys in this forum. You might have missed the sign outside that says "Welcome to RWI. Group Therapy In Session"[emoji12]

Nice collection, by the way. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mate, why don't you show us one more time what abnormalities is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

Excellent choices, carefully selected and beautiful. All 19 are running and showing the same time - now that´s in another league :thumbsup:

Hyjynx

28/9/13
Mate, why don't you show us one more time what abnormalities is?

You're referring to that infamous picture of my 4 "boxes of excesses", right? The picture tends to shift focus on itself and I'd rather not rain on OP's parade. Thanks for the "invite", though. The link is in my sig for the curious. [emoji6][emoji106]

noobwatch76

I am serious. And don’t call me Shirley
Patron
Certified
6/7/16
Texas
As long as your life and economy is balanced, I'd say everything is in order, though ultimately a watch is an accessory and needs to be complemented by an outfit, manners, responsibilty, social position, personal economy, etc, to make a man.

Sorry, but I know a lot of MEN as like myself and NONE of them where outfits. But agreed on the rest.