• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Top 10 Lies about Replica Watches

Walruswatch

Looking Around
4/2/19
I gotta tell you being into the real McCoy as a watch collector, mind you I am no expert I have yet been fooled by a rep Rolex. It’s always the weight that gives it away. Now you guys no more about reps than I so maybe you have found quality reps that would be of equal weight I have yet to see it. Please tell me if I’m wrong I’d love to know

Baleno3

Known Member
10/2/19
Another great read. The movement and sales pitch on the rep sites does sound to good to be true.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I gotta tell you being into the real McCoy as a watch collector, mind you I am no expert I have yet been fooled by a rep Rolex. It’s always the weight that gives it away. Now you guys no more about reps than I so maybe you have found quality reps that would be of equal weight I have yet to see it. Please tell me if I’m wrong I’d love to know

I take it that yau haven't seen the latest 904L steel Submariners with 3135 clones inside, right?

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
By the way, you guys forgot about the most common lie with replicas:

"This? My friend that went to Turkey on holidays bought it for me, it probably costed less than twenty dollars, honey, no need to worry"

Reactions: OldNavitimer

PigIron

Patron
13/2/19
CONUS
Thank you. What a great read for someone like me who is new into the rep world.

eta2893

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/3/19
Is it possible to swap the movement at the TD's end e. G. Swiss ETA instead of Asian Clone for a price difference ? Anyone knows TD's that would do that?

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Is it possible to swap the movement at the TD's end e. G. Swiss ETA instead of Asian Clone for a price difference ? Anyone knows TD's that would do that?

Certain watches are offered with the choice of movement, including Swiss ETA ..

Wade03

Horology Curious
28/2/19
Some newer model and factories claimed they are using 904L steel on the body and bracelet. I think we can trust on that nowadays? Since the first post from the OP already from 2008.

Reactions: LEGASCON

LEGASCON

Horology Curious
17/4/19
PARIS
since 2008 several things have changed, the 904L steel has changed now there is a post about it on this forum

MacPhlea

23/2/19
By the way, you guys forgot about the most common lie with replicas:

"This? My friend that went to Turkey on holidays bought it for me, it probably costed less than twenty dollars, honey, no need to worry"

????????????????????

My advice to my wife in my will when I die.... “don’t sell anything for less than double what I told I paid for it!!”

Sent from the RWI App

Jpt1991

6/6/19
Amazing post, loved reading it. And thanks for all the other posters who have updated some of the “lies” since the op