• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Wristshots and Perspective

Chroniker

Not listening!
28/9/15
España, currently ze Germany
Hi guys

We all know how big some watches look when we take wristies.

I have actually never taken a wrist shot before I joined this great forum except at ADs to choose a watch and
consider a new purchase at home over a Whiskey and Cigar.

I came across a post that showed the different perspectives in relation to eye/camera and wrist distance so I
thought to share this with you guys.

I borrowed his photos(Photo Shop creds to OP with his Seiko SKX007 BB... I knew you would ask) and added one of mine.

See how the watch seem to shrink by increasing the distance with the lens.

15cm.(6")_ _______________28cm.(11")_ ______________38cm.(15")_______________51cm(20")

Here we see the difference even more by overlaying picture 1 and 4

And finally my crappy comparison which tells me to also take a mirror shot next time I want to choose
a watch from an AD____________________________(FYI 45.5 PO on 7" fairly flat wrist)

Now lets see some of your mirror shots!

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
So if I want the 40mm girly Pams to look like the 44mm big boys, then I just take a closer pic!!!!!

cool ;)

emilio

Known Member
30/6/15
The hands size also change the perspective, personally i think the best wrist shoot are the ones at a certain distance involving the forearm and the hand .
I believe they are the ones that give the most realistic perception of a watch size.

Chroniker

Not listening!
28/9/15
España, currently ze Germany
The hands size also change the perspective, personally i think the best wrist shoot are the ones at a certain distance involving the forearm and the hand .
I believe they are the ones that give the most realistic perception of a watch size.

Sure, however if you look at the overlays, they are all on the wrist, no hand and arm, purely to illustrate distance vs size.

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
Here is some perspective

1661524F-2112-40DE-8DA2-CF187A222821.jpg

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
^But... but your watch looks bigger than your....
and according to INDISPUTABLE MATHS it should be the other way around ;)

You're wrong buddy that ain't Robs knee sticking out under his left arm he just dresses a long way to the left!

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
Converse Chuck Taylor's in "deer hunters neon".....bigger'n hell. You can see those sumbitches from 50 yards away too.