• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What really grinds my gears.. #1

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
So it has come to the point. I'm finally doing it..

After all those times I've facepalmed about it now the time has come I shout out my complete anger to you in this first episode of 'What really grinds my gears..'

z6Jx1Wb.jpg

What really grinds my gears?

Yeah, you might now think 'Woa shit what is the thing that really grinds his gears? :unsure:'

And let me tell you.. What really grinds my gears is people using the word 'Yatchmaster'

I mean what's so fing hard about it?

That's what I've been wondering ever since and I decided I'll do a little dig up..

V5Uk1e6.png

You want to be a master of the biyatches? Yeah? Go buy a Gaytona then you moron..

That's not what you're trying to bring into the watch, or are you???
I don't think so..

So let me clear this one up for all of y'all that say YATCHmaster..

The watch you're refering to is a YACHTmaster designed for the use on the SEA not on the beyatches.. :facepalm:
See Rolex's official description for it here:
OV66KwN.png

So you get me? Yacht =/ Yatch

Let me clear it up another time..

Yacht:
9nFwoJw.jpg

Yatch:
yeCwDqG.jpg

THANKS FOR YOUR ATTENTION!

JoeyT

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/14
This is amazing!!!! I will be subscribing to this thread haha

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Yep, that really grinds my gears. You know what else?

The lazy asses that post a thread and don't even read the heading before it's posted. So many spelling mistakes and dropped letters to make it painful to read and you have to see the same stupid mistake over and over and over. Special shout out to the bi-yatch that posted "acutally" instead on "actually" on the thread title and the latest one "roblem with a TD". Come on guys, it takes a couple of seconds to actually proof read your posts.

With 1,119 replies, I've probably had to see the non-word "acutally" at least 200 times in the last 6 months and it irritates me every time. We don't acutally buy things from Aliexpress,

https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/215195-What-you-can-acutally-get-from-Aliexpress-with-a-bit-of-research

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
now i want to be a Yatch-Master !!

Reactions: patrickseacoast

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Yep, that really grinds my gears. You know what else?

The lazy asses that post a thread and don't even read the heading before it's posted. So many spelling mistakes and dropped letters to make it painful to read and you have to see the same stupid mistake over and over and over. Special shout out to the bi-yatch that posted "acutally" instead on "actually" on the thread title and the latest one "roblem with a TD". Come on guys, it takes a couple of seconds to actually proof read your posts.

With 1,119 replies, I've probably had to see the non-word "acutally" at least 200 times in the last 6 months and it irritates me every time. We don't acutally buy things from Aliexpress,

https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/215195-What-you-can-acutally-get-from-Aliexpress-with-a-bit-of-research

Pisses me off EVERY time I see it... It's a HUGE thread now. People must think we are complete morons...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Wanna know what grinds my gears?
I run a forum with over 100 thousand members, as such I receive (just from RWI and in addition to RWG traffic as well as work* related stuff) 50 to 80 PMs and 50 plus emails a day. I answer every single one of 'em within 24 hours but what pisses me off is those people who send me a PM such as "No worries bro, I added the required info to the thread" without either a link or a quoted PM string.

Please, please folks if you are conversing with me use either a PC or your phone's browser NOT Tapatalk. Tapa does not quote the PM string and there is no way I can keep 100 plus current conversations straight in my head. I NEED the string to work out WTF you are on about!

Same applies to folk who PM me and ask about (for example) a price change in a sales thread or a change of nick. Please guys we have sales mods to handle the first and an excellent Help Desk system to take care of the second. I can't personally handle every issue even tho I'd like to. Folks, if you have a basic issue use the Help Desk as it will be a lot faster than asking me.

The same goes for our long suffering staff, don't bog them down with shit. The number of Help Desk tickets we get that go something like "XXXXX dealer sent me a dead watch, contact them and do something about it" is amazing. The one's I'm on about have not made any attempt themselves to even ask the dealer, they expect us to it for them. Then there is the "XXXX member has a watch for sale, I made an offer and he has not got back me, why not?" I don't know and he can sell to who ever he likes, it isn't my or any other staffer's problem.

If you have a genuine issue we are more than happy to help, that's why we are here but please, try to work it out yourself first. Staff are volunteers and have only so much time, there is only so much they can give.

We the owners and staff of RWI love this place and if we didn't we would not be here but we can not be expected to be at the beck and call of every man jack who has not tried to work shit out before expecting staff to solve their issues for them.

Unfortunately most of those who will read this are acutely aware of this already and realise we all have a life and a family as well as a vocation outside of this place. I am fortunate in that I can devote a lot of time here as a lot of my income streams take care of themselves but most if not all of the rest have conventional jobs that take up 40 plus hours a week as well as families that need them. Funnily enough it's the people who contribute not a jot financially to the board who are the most demanding. Most of the Supporters are switched on enough to realise the limitations under which we the staff and owners work. I wish this place made me and the other owners enough to make a living out of it and pay our staff at least a token amount but it doesn't for the simple reason that most users do not contribute to the place financially. If every member gave just a dollar a year we would be laughing but that is not the case and the owners have always said that contributing should be optional and as one of them I support that as do the rest. Yeah we could flood the place in adverts like WUS or charge TDs (we do charge Supporting Vendors a small fee but it's token) but we choose not to because that level of adverts would ruin the place and charging TDs would take away from the impartially of our governance of them.

If I gave you the figures for what it costs to run this place you'd shit. Secure servers, software, bandwidth, legales and the rest, it all adds up but it pays for itself if only just. It would be great to be able to give a bit more back to staff but we can't so please, cut them a break and work it out yourselves and get them involved only when you must. Without the incredible dedication of staff and the hours they put in this place would no longer exist. They are the heart and soul of RWI, don't abuse their service.

/end rant

* Yes work, like the rest of the staff I have a life and a job. I'm just fortunate that my job takes up less of my time than most. If I needed to rely on this place for an income I'd be destitute in the blink of an eye as would everyone who as a financial interest in the joint.

PS: So those other than Rolex/Tudor folk can have a chance to "Grind Their Gears" I'm moving this to general 'cause grinding gears is something everyone should do now and again.

xpletiv

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/10
Those lips have your attention??!!!

Wtf is that thing, it's hedious!

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
PS: So those other than Rolex/Tudor folk can have a chance to "Grind Their Gears" I'm moving this to general 'cause grinding gears is something everyone should do now and again.

I didn't think it was becoming like this man lol otherwise I would've posted it in general! :rofl:

The main intention of the thread was giving word out about the Yatchmaster dilemma but well, can't change that.

It has developed goodly now so let's make this the official what really grinds our gears thread! [emoji23][emoji23]

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
And an add, I don't want noobs tell what really grinds their gears. You don't have anything that has to grind your gears here so please go along newbs [emoji23][emoji16]

that made me make #2 of what really grinds my gears ..

What really really grinds my gears is noobs wanting to tell knowledgable members shit that is completely bullshit and spreading stupid rumors and idiotic statements around the forum.

Do me a favor and believe what (I, we) tell you! [emoji6]

Nothing 5* or 6* from Rolex is plated ;)

Thanks! [emoji16]

Notimeforfakes

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
1/7/12
I'm noob, guilty of the misspelled words in a title. Every time I try and type Breitling, It auto corrects as "breathing".

None the less, OP, I find it incredibly rude for you to find a photo of my fiancé and post her on the internet as some bi-yatch!!!! She is a nice lady!!!! LMAO

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I'm noob, guilty of the misspelled words in a title. Every time I try and type Breitling, It auto corrects as "breathing".

None the less, OP, I find it incredibly rude for you to find a photo of my fiancé and post her on the internet as some bi-yatch!!!! She is a nice lady!!!! LMAO

:rofl: Sorry, I'm not sorry..