• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NoctiLumina vs Superluminova you decide! ;)

frediiii

3/7/15
I thought you had relumed the hour hand based on this...
Oh. What a brain fart :) I meant minute hand the whole time. My bad.

Your relumes are impressive. I wonder how my first dial will look like :)

Gesendet von meinem LG-H850 mit Tapatalk

BoredPanda

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/4/16
Looks good to me @frediiii

Quick PS... your relumed hr hand on the gen dial.

4DZglB.jpg

Was that with or without a white backing on the hand?

Strodda I have a quick question. Is it possible to lume dials without the "reservoirs" (e.g. Petit Prince Big Pilot, submariner etc.) properly without looking droopy or like water droplet effect (puffy), not sure if you know what I'm saying.

I'm looking at dials like BR03-92 or PAM448 where there is no catchment or sandwich dial for lume to stay in.

Kleif

Horology Curious
13/8/15
Does it matter what brand of oiler to use for reluming?
I want to order a set from either Bergeon or AF Switzerland. The AF is a bit cheaper, has one oiler extra (super fine) and a practical pouch for storage.

I cant find any pics of the tips of the AF oilers, but the plastic looks a bit rougher than on the Bergeons. Thats not a huge problem in itself, unless it is an indicator of the quality of the tips.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
I ll have a go myself.
Noctilumina should be ok as first attempt. Any reliable source in EU?

Thanks

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
When you relume a dial do you apply the new lume over the old one, or you remove the old one?

RBB224

16/10/16
LOL no he sells grade A and grade X1 superluminova;)

when hen I used to lume I removed all old lume that’s the only way you get it totally even and perfect like oem

he sells things like this

:) omg my eyes! that kryptonite is so bright!

marqtz

Known Member
13/9/17
:) omg my eyes! that kryptonite is so bright!
Yes, X1 grade is very bright.
I have Noctilumina g15f that is a torch and last 24h. Also wg23f reach so long.
But grain are different. SL is much smoother

Thehitman

RadDave’s Punching Bag
Supporter
Certified
25/3/15
The problem with other lume is it will never have that gen clean look. Superluminova has specific glow characteristics that make it look totally different from any lume I have used. I believe they use a higher silver content in their green because green C3 always fades to pale blue green and c1 fades to a minty green then pale blue while other lume is just green or blue.

Br lumed by me with C3
Parmagiani lumed by Parmagiani C1
Ap dial lumed by Ap C3
Cartier lumed by China unknow lume

There is a color shift and I don’t fully understand it but all I know is Copper is used to make green and silver is used to make blue. I believe I read that at night our eyes can see green better and during the day our eyes can see blue better? If this is true Rctritec could have engineered the lume to appear different colors somehow? The camera isn’t an eye so it captures whatever light it sees. How you would make lume doe this is beyond me... if you notice China lume is green green green no matter what level of charge it’s at.

Gabrylumed

Looking Around
17/7/19
Thehitman

hi bro, i have some question, how i learn all of this? and i have read post, question....
1 which base white apply before the lume? how to buy white paint?

And how to have lume like your???? Thx

2 i have pam 111 and i have order noctilumina, how disassembly watch? but the most importsnt part is how to riassembly watch hand and set precisely setting time?! thx bro

BarristerTime

The scales of justice balance with time.
Gold Patron
12/10/18
PNW (Washington State)
So glad I found this thread and read it entirely. I’m a lime freak and I’ve learned SO MUCH from this thread. Thanks to all who contributed to it, truly enlightening!

safe1

Looking Around
9/3/21
Hi guys,

do you really apply a base coat on the dial markers before applying noctilumina or superluminova?
I'm not talking about sandwich dials like Panerai here... i'm talking about watches with silver colored metal markers (like rolex sub dial markers for example)

SteveMcQueen1930

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
9/5/19
Does anyone know a source / shop for NoctiLumina in Europe? I want to give it a try for some dial projects but can't it anywhere in Europe. Thanks!

Reactions: micksmith1987