• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seller turned out to be in Ethiopia...

mrflash88

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
27/2/14
Earlier in the week I purchased a watch on the ebay mobile site. I only like to purchase with in the US. The particular watch I liked was listed as being in Arlington Virginia. I sent my best offer and once it was accepted I made payment. Later once I was on my PC I looked at else the seller had listed. Now on the PC browser version of ebay I saw seller based in Ethiopia.

I contacted him as to why the listings say based in Arlington. Seller says he is in between both places. Mentions his sister there will see to it that the package is sent out to me. He even sent me a phone number to text him. 770 area code which is North Georgia. He did offer a refund if I wanted one. I just would like input from you guys on here on what my move should be. I heard from him last night and haven't received any updates on ebay.

dragonman4

I'm Pretty Popular
22/11/13
Big Apple
I dunno what to do with this one lol. Could swing either way of being a scammer and such. But if he gave you a U.S. based cell phone and texted you back it might be legit. Did you pay with PayPal? If so I say wait it out and see. Worst case you can always dispute it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrflash88

Banned
27/2/14
Thanks, I plan on giving it a few more days unless I see a tracking number.

DocHolliday

Huckleberry Sales Mod
Advisor
11/2/15
Man, ebay has the best buyers protection on the planet. you have up to 180 days to put in a claim. If anything is fishy they usually always side with the buyer. I got screwed from a seller a year ago and ebay took really good care of me.

parklanephil

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
4/6/14
Don't take the phone number as a sign, you can get free online us area codes numbers to text from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamweby

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/8/12
CONUS
whats feedback like? that should tell the story. if its 6 feedbacks and all as a buyer of cheap items, id be worried. if its 45,000 with 99% positive, nothing to sweat.

mrflash88

Banned
27/2/14
Here's the message I just received.

629ee56b08c88314ea49d502efe7b850.jpg

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
I smell it....I smell it. The ole "family funeral" bit.

mrflash88

Banned
27/2/14
I took the refund offer so we'll see what happens a from here.