• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Having no luck with posting ad's!! All of a sudden, forum fails for me.

warlordofnarnia

Renowned Member
18/1/15
England, Shropshire.
Hi,

I've sent a request for aid from the mods, but no help seems forthcoming, so perhaps someone here can help.

I've been trying to place an ad in the 'Strap Central' forum, for two days now. I've re-typed the same info, filled in the same tick boxes, request for info, and laboriously re entered the same pictures with correct coding (in case it was incorrect the previous several times), previewed the post, pics appearing OK, pressed 'post', only to receive the error message'Post not submitted. Must be text in title and message field'

Retracing my steps, and re-submitting fresh info showed, after several attempts to solve the problem, that info I'd completed, such as price, countries I'll sell to, origin of item for sale, etc.etc was going missing, between composing message,. Pressing preview, and re-reading the message. Pressing 'back' re-completing the required info, and pressing post again made no difference. I'd get the same error - 'Post not submitted. Must be text in title and message field'.

I thought I'd try the general watch sales forum, but the same thing happened!!

Any ideas for the cause, or a solution?? Mod's - whats the point of requesting help via the system, and after 2 days, still not getting help??

Thanks for reading,

Doug

spankster23

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/13
Texas
Clear your browser cache and history maybe something is hung up in there on this forum... Make sure you are putting in a title to the sales ad... If you are in the "black" mode it is sometimes hard to see the box to type in on a iPad for instance.

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Good morning. I did receive your PM and have looked at the sales form. I apologize for not responding to your request right away.

Everything appears normal. As spankster has said issues like this are usually browser related. Clear cache ect then try again. If that doesn't work try another device.

What platform are you posting from?

warlordofnarnia

Renowned Member
18/1/15
England, Shropshire.
Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I cleared the cache twice, before I asked for help... it's usually the cause of most problems. Didn't work though. I'm using windows 7 and Firefox (latest version).

RWI is permanently attached to my browsers 'favourites bar'. I''m going to delete it, then delete Firefox, then do fresh re-loads of both to see what happens.

I'll let you know.