• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

help me pick my hulk.

livefree

Renowned Member
28/11/12
I've decided to get the hulk but now the question is should I get the noob v5? Or 21j from Stan or Reg? I'm not crazy about the movement so do they have the same build quality such as dial and bezel except just a different movement?

I know the noob v5 has the silver numbers on the bezel but is everything else the same? Or do I stick with the noob v5? I csn either get 2 watches if 21j or one if i go for the v5.

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
It depends on what you want...a more accurate rep with a better movement, or a perfectly acceptable rep (nothing really wrong with the Ol' 21J) at half the price.

livefree

Renowned Member
28/11/12
Question is, do the 21 j have the same quality build? I'm not that anal about movement so if 21j has good dial and bezel it would be awesome and I could get 2 watches.

livefree

Renowned Member
28/11/12
im about to get a hulk soon. can anyone chime back on on this? i was going for the noob v5 but like i said, im not that anal about the movement. i dont mind the 21 j to waterproof as my daily beater if the build, dial, bezel is not so far off from the noobv5. or should i just go with the noobv5? i plan on never selling this one and keep it for years to come.

DocHolliday

Huckleberry Sales Mod
Advisor
11/2/15
If it were up to me, I'd go with the V5. I'm sure you'll love it. If you don't like it then just flip it on here. :)

Jong

Renowned Member
12/8/13
None of the reps have the colour right, I'd wait if I were you. (doing the same)

Fiveostang

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/11/12
909e926038cb69c3253b887fea044e05.jpg
get a V5 it's worth it. I'm just waiting for a gen bezel insert to pop up and I'm golden.

Fiveostang

6/11/12
That will take some time, good luck.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Thanks. Yea I'm not expecting it to pop up it to come up immediately but they do come for sale and when I do find one its on.

Farishmy

Renowned Member
29/10/14
IMHO, Get a BK v5 that's the best available in the market. You wont have to worry in terms of quality and movement.

I'm buying one very soon!

Fiveostang

6/11/12
IMHO, Get a BK v5 that's the best available in the market. You wont have to worry in terms of quality and movement.

I'm buying one very soon!

Mines just a stock V5 and it's awesome

Farishmy

Renowned Member
29/10/14
Mines just a stock V5 and it's awesome

100% agree with you. I wanted to get one back in March but it was out of stock and the waiting line was just too long. Decided to spend my money on a pam and other stuff.

From where I am looking at the bk is best for me, modified to its highest potential. I don't have the tools or a watch smith to help me out in Saudi. I'd settle with a v5 if I was in conus and do the rest of modifications on my own for the fun and learning.

Only mod I've done so far is changing my GMT II bezel from a v1 to a v2.

49b5716215a03ab3107895fbc5b1ba67.jpg

livefree

Renowned Member
28/11/12
so i decided to stick with the noob v5 hulk. my TD says he has it. my question to you fellas is this... what is the big difference in the v5 vs the older versions? is it mainly the platinum bezel numbers? someone said they are hoping for a GEN bezel insert but is the bezel that off? I just dont know that much about this version and want to make sure I know what I am looking for when i get my QC pics.

Farishmy

Renowned Member
29/10/14
so i decided to stick with the noob v5 hulk. my TD says he has it. my question to you fellas is this... what is the big difference in the v5 vs the older versions? is it mainly the platinum bezel numbers? someone said they are hoping for a GEN bezel insert but is the bezel that off? I just dont know that much about this version and want to make sure I know what I am looking for when i get my QC pics.

That was [MENTION=53471]Fiveostang[/MENTION] . The v5 is great man, you're going in too much in the details and don't forget you're buying a rep not gen. No matter what how many QC's you go through there's always going to be a flaw.

The bezel isnt that off, everyone has a preference that's why there's modding and franklinizing. Like some members get a tc and mods the hell out of it with gen parts (crystal, insert, dial).

For Qc purposes use the search bar for the v5. The date of the thread is in March if I remember correctly, its long but contains useful info that will help you do your Qc. Remember QC's job is you making you sure that you're getting what u want and not damaged (scratch, dust inside, broken bezel, no rehaut engravings, wrong pearl, wrong lume) stuff like that.

I think you have enough info my friend, start searching and stop worrying about itty bitty details and pull that trigger LOL.

Enjoy and good luck. :)

livefree

Renowned Member
28/11/12
Im not to anal about the small differences. i know we are dealing with reps. i just want to make sure i am getting the V5 with the so called upgrades it's suppose to have. TD is even going to waterproof it for me and will guarantee the work so I can swim with it on my anniversary. trigger is already pulled brothers. BANG BANG!

Fiveostang

6/11/12
That was [MENTION=53471]Fiveostang[/MENTION] . The v5 is great man, you're going in too much in the details and don't forget you're buying a rep not gen. No matter what how many QC's you go through there's always going to be a flaw.

The bezel isnt that off, everyone has a preference that's why there's modding and franklinizing. Like some members get a tc and mods the hell out of it with gen parts (crystal, insert, dial).

For Qc purposes use the search bar for the v5. The date of the thread is in March if I remember correctly, its long but contains useful info that will help you do your Qc. Remember QC's job is you making you sure that you're getting what u want and not damaged (scratch, dust inside, broken bezel, no rehaut engravings, wrong pearl, wrong lume) stuff like that.

I think you have enough info my friend, start searching and stop worrying about itty bitty details and pull that trigger LOL.

Enjoy and good luck. :)

Your right the bezel isn't THAT off but I'm just a picky SOB about some things lol plus if I spend $800 on an insert at least I know I can always get my $$$ back because of the rarity now first person to find me a gen insert under a grand gets a lollipop lol

livefree

Renowned Member
28/11/12
ok. i been getting QC pics but the images are way too small to do a proper QC. asked TD to send me larger files. i can't tell from the current images but it looks like the watch does'nt have the v5 bracelet and clasp. i'll post when i get the images.