• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Crown for Exp II

guzzigreg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/5/09
Was wondering if a Gen Rolex crown will fit my Exp II. Just got it from Ryan and the watch is great and keeps perfect time. Lume is excellent as is the bracelet. The only negative is the crown which compared to my Gen Sub is smaller. Has anybody done this?

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
yes, the crown on a gen exp II is smaller than the crown on a sub. as far as the width. it's narrower. That's supposed to be like that. Yes, you can absolutely put a gen crown on there. I would also put a gen tube too. I believe if you got the 2836 Asian or swiss or 3187 you should be able to. but not absolutely certain that the tube OD is the same but I am pretty sure it is. but might have to check just to make sure. but as far as I've heard all case parts should be interchangeable with the gen. That's for the Noob best edition not for the cheapies like the 21j or 23j versions.

guzzigreg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/5/09
Thanks egroegart if its supposed to be that way then I will leave it. I do in fact have the noob best edition and it really is one one the best reps I have. I've had my gen sub adjusted twice and it is still not as accuate as this Exp II repI got from Ryan at intime. I do swim with my gen sub and would like to do the same with this watch also, can I get this water resistant if so who does it on this board. I would like to use someone here and support the board.