• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone notice.....?

Pierre Le Trek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/3/19
UK
I am new on RWI and I have my first ever rep on the way, its a GMT II and even though I am excited to get it, like another member said in an earlier post, my OCD is causing me all sorts of stress! I have read and researched threads and advice on here and my brain is fried worrying about movements, correct font, will it work, will I break it setting the time and GMT movement, will the cyclops be lined up properly.........it goes on and on and on! I know its just a watch and as long as it gets here in one piece (hopefully) all should be good. This thread has helped me calm down a bit. so thank you everyone.

Reactions: applez

Watchman98

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/7/18
New York
I totally agree... QC macro shots show every little imperfection and once you get the watch it looks completely fine.

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
I am new on RWI and I have my first ever rep on the way, its a GMT II and even though I am excited to get it, like another member said in an earlier post, my OCD is causing me all sorts of stress! I have read and researched threads and advice on here and my brain is fried worrying about movements, correct font, will it work, will I break it setting the time and GMT movement, will the cyclops be lined up properly.........it goes on and on and on! I know its just a watch and as long as it gets here in one piece (hopefully) all should be good. This thread has helped me calm down a bit. so thank you everyone.

Don't sweat the mall stuff. You need to keep in mind these are replicas and there will always be something a little off. Even with a gen, there will be something.

Reactions: Pierre Le Trek

Vacco

22/5/19
Although the QC pictures are high res, I think it's a good thing for those that are a bit OCD and those that aren't OCD can just ignore the minor flaws of the watch.

FourthLetter

14/5/18
Just recently received my noob v9, and I have to admit I have always been nervous about buying a rep. Not because of being called out or shamed for wearing a rep, but because of lurking forums/reddit and seeing QC photos get overly analyzed. It really put me off from buying a sub until the "perfect" replica was released, until I read a post stating that the "perfect" rep will never exist because it would essentially damage TD's sales.

I've had this v9 for a couple of days now and it's been attached to my wrist non stop since I unboxed it. I'm glad I finally just got it because its truly a beautiful watch and feels just as quality as the gen Omega/Tag's that I've tried on at AD's. I can't spot the imperfections that seem to be pointed out from macro shots online. But I definitely appreciate the attention to detail and criticisms from the macro shots, because that is what pushes the rep factories to pay closer attention to the small details that have gotten the reps this point of quality.

I'm planning on going all in and buying all of the pieces I wanted now. Daytona, Aquanaut, Royal Oak...

Reactions: freediver

CallmeConnie

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/7/19
Yeah,can‘t agree more, hard to take good pics of my watches, looking weird in the photos.Lol

Kestembaum

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
21/7/19
EU
as with all things they can be misleading. nothing is comparable to the direct impact of sight (and this also applies to jewelry). I can't wait for my PAM to arrive to dispel this doubt

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
trust me, no ones gonna notice the imperfections unless they bring a scope, even so, its hard because less than0.1% of the population actually knows about watches

CodyMHerrick

Looking Around
9/9/19
Great point. Is amazing how much goes away when on a wrist and moving around. The natural light hits so much different then the studio lighting for QC photos.

ninja9r

Horology Curious
2/3/19
UK
Don't worry the camera on my Chinese phone must be specially designed to hide all but the most major flaws. Combined this with my non existent photography skills, your lucky I'm so technically inept that I'm unable to upload pics and therefore unable to sell. Your welcome.

Nuclearsub

Horology Curious
20/6/19
Well they all have flaws then the additional manufacturing one lol. You will never

Nuclearsub

Horology Curious
20/6/19
*find one that is perfect and doesn't annoy you in some way at least this is from my experience. So since we spend 5% of what their retail value is and sometimes less, those things are to be expected.

Ecclesiastes

19/1/20
Texas
Bro every time. If I get a watch in the mail or see one in store after seeing it online I always think it looks so tiny.

Hoosier Watch Guy

29/3/20
This happened to me too. I fell in love with the Omega Seamaster 300 online couple years ago. Drooled over pictures and videos for a while. Went in to local AD and saw it in person. BAM was immediately shocked by how much smaller it looked in person. It fit perfectly at 40 mm but it was that first look that caught me off guard. Still love that watch.

simon24james

1/5/20
I have had similar experiences to many on here, get really worked up about flaws on digital photos... and then when the watch arrives you cannot see things. But also similarly, sometimes my watch arrives and there are flaws that are much more easily visible when the watch is on your wrist and held at a distance as apposed to seeing it so close up on digital photos.

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
I got my photos of Tudor Pelagos Blue and I saw 3 of the square markers and a bit off. Then I saw this post and remembered its a 42mm and you cannot tell. Same with size of DSSD James Cameron I thought the watch was huge from the reviews, I ordered a DHGate version which my brother bought 2nd time I wore it, and wow thats a small watch. Well its perfect for my big wrist. Same when I ordered a 47mm Pilot, I was regretting because I thought it was too big. When it arrived lol its perfect for my wrist. The biggest is Invicta Hydromax the DSSD Challenge Homage. One thing also to remember many people who review watches have small wrists and make watches look massive above 42mm.

superduperbambam

Horology Curious
25/7/20
I think it depends on
1. your age
2. your clothes style
3. general looks
4. (I also think one would think about a Fake from a Rolex more than other brands)

So if you are an middle aged man dressed in a suit, nobody would even think that it could be a replica. But if you are a youngster or at the beginning of your career walking in a hoodie and a golden Rolex… I mean there are Zuckerberg style people, but the chance of the youngster having the watch from his last Turkey holiday is pretty high.