• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone notice.....?

Muschi_katz2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/7/18
Germany
I don’t sweat the small stuff with photos but then my OCD kicks in when the watch arrives... and I’m like “Where’s my Cape Cod cloth”.

Reactions: leo6929

Azmodia

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/8/18
My first rep just arrived yesterday and I noticed the exact same thing! I ordered a 116610LN, and after pouring over countless reference photos and QC pics, I guess I got used to seeing an unrealistic version of the watch. When I got it, I was really taken back :rolleyes:

mx1111

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
30/10/18
What I like the most about this fact is, when the watch arrives and I get it on my wrist it looks so clean and HD even if its small in comparison to the pictures we see in the internet

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
I'm the other way around.

In terms of imperfections, I can't see jack shit when looking at QC pics. However in real life (under certain lighting and angles), I can see every little imperfection!!

Especially when looking at my fake watch in my car.....I see EVERYTHING. The smudges in the print, scratches on the hands, finger prints on the hour marker surrounds, lume over spill.....it can all be seen by me

I have the same problem.

Reactions: nothingelse

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
I have a gen gmt 2 and honestly I am never satisfied that the watch never look as good as the photos in the internet. The crystal is always full of dirt and grime. Can’t seem to get rid of them. So I don’t bother. Haha... honestly though the rep makers have done a brilliant job making watches. The look of it is never an issue, they now just have to make the movement better and feels more solid and tight. I will be happy.

kelesgokce

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/17
I have a gen gmt 2 and honestly I am never satisfied that the watch never look as good as the photos in the internet. The crystal is always full of dirt and grime. Can’t seem to get rid of them. So I don’t bother. Haha... honestly though the rep makers have done a brilliant job making watches. The look of it is never an issue, they now just have to make the movement better and feels more solid and tight. I will be happy.

Agree with that

60Steps

7/11/18
I agree magnified close ups show things that aren't really there To the naked eye you can't see it.

Musicman85

Horology Curious
30/1/19
Allowing buyers to request qc and reject is probably a good thing. Imagine how many more rant threads there would be from people raging after getting their watch

Last edited:

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
Allowing buyers to request qc and reject is probably a good thing. Imagine how many more rant threads there would be from people raging after getting their watch

Here's another kicker, after going through QC pix and rejecting watches, we finally have the one watch that looks as good as it can be, the QC person is happy, you're happy and you finaly get thewtach in the mail. All looks good. We wear it a few times then come to sell it. That one high school kid wanting to buy it is now nitpicking at the tiniest imperfection and now want to offer you $250 for that Noob 116500 904L because the logo is approximately 0.005 mm off center

Reactions: R2L and Mister Pink

Shopreplica

Looking Around
29/3/19
Great list and great topic!
Thank you so much for sharing this helpful info. You’re inspiring!

Replicahause

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/3/19
If you are interested in watches. I suggest you Replicahause is the best company. Which provided us all types of watches. For more information please visit:-MOD EDIT

Last edited by a moderator:

hm11esh

4/9/18
If you are interested in watches. I suggest you Replicahause is the best company. Which provided us all types of watches. For more information please visit:- MOD EDIT

Can someone please verify this user as I don't think they are a trusted TD on this forum. might just be spam

Last edited by a moderator:

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Can someone please verify this user as I don't think they are a trusted TD on this forum. might just be spam

I can verify him as BANNED for trying to peddle his wares here

Reactions: hm11esh and Glaude

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
If you are interested in watches. I suggest you Replicahause is the best company. Which provided us all types of watches. For more information please visit:-MOD EDIT

mail

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
He's a spammy spammer of spam. Replicahause is probably the last company I'd use; well, them and Bluefakes.

GigisBasement

Horology Curious
17/5/19
Very good point! I received my Sub and it was way smaller than I expected. Also, 95% of the people don't care about your watch, and out of the remaining 5% only 1% can possibly spot a rep vs gen.