• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone notice.....?

potex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/4/14
It definately seems to vary from brand to brand for me

Stewart77

5/4/15
When I order my RO chrono I was really concerned that it would be way too big for me. When it arrived I thought, what is this tiny thing...oh it's my RO. Looked so much smaller in person, thankfully.

Elysium

Horology Curious
21/7/14
Great thread! This should really be essential reading to new enthusiasts like me who have been sweating over the most miniscule of differences in the Panerai 111 super-rep comparison thread...

Nickdao.njd

22/12/15
Some watch look big in pictures like AP Diver turn out to be not so big, some like small in QC but when u put in on your arms,its like "hugeee...what am i suppose to do with it...." example like VC traditionnelle tourbillon.
For the QC, sometimes i didnt realize what some ppl pointed out..its just some tiny little flaws that i'm happily living with.

watchguyusa1

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/06
Boca Raton Florida USA
How small the watches look when they arrive after looking at GIANT pics of the dials in the M2M section, Any flaws that are pointed out in pics are barely if at all visible from a few inches away when the real thing comes. I can hardly read the print on some of them.

I've been saying this FOREVER! I think lot's of members dont even have any watches by the way they nit pick the hell out of everything?

Reactions: Katarsis

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I've been saying this FOREVER! I think lot's of members dont even have any watches by the way they nit pick the hell out of everything?

I'm just OCD to hell and back! Allow me. :whistle:

rohmi

Looking Around
28/3/16
Hi I'm new to this forum. Need help for contact to send my deepsea for repair. Thanks a million!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Fakey said it best:

TheRealWorld.jpg

Reactions: botswatch

Demonisher

24/2/16
When I saw some V6S subs were sold with older parts I was afraid of mine (on transit back then) coming with shitty V5 insert and pearl.

Well you know what? I have a 10/10 vision and still had to use full-blown macro shots just to be barely sure both were correct.

aguszm

Horology Curious
6/6/16
Hello, I'm a new member trying to get more involved and learn. I wanted to see if anyone noticed the font on most date windows (specifically APs in my case ) seem to be the only thing that give them away. I say this because I've seen and handled plenty of gens and it's one of the few things that are a real tell. I'm not trying to be an anal or one of those terms from that thread but I feel like it's not as difficult a thing to get right like some other crazy details they have perfect. I've only come across one rubberclad ROO rep that had the right font but that one did have some other things off. Anyway has anyone come across some that have the right one? Again not trying to be annoying with my post just looking to learn.

Stanco1

15/2/16
Yeah, received a QC pic previously with a dot on the bezel. Was pretty new and still quite new to rep watches so I thought that was unusual.

Turn out I can't even see the dot with the watch on my hand.

szpax83

22/7/16
When i got 1st qc i zoomed each part of watch and look frome every angle i spoted 2 imperfections but passed them i was afraid it would stand out from miles away but gues what .... Watch was spotles even when i looked for those things from 5 cmm it seems that zoomed macro shots on 65" tv that i use as screen and real watch are not exacly the same thing ;D

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I'm the other way around.

In terms of imperfections, I can't see jack shit when looking at QC pics. However in real life (under certain lighting and angles), I can see every little imperfection!!

Especially when looking at my fake watch in my car.....I see EVERYTHING. The smudges in the print, scratches on the hands, finger prints on the hour marker surrounds, lume over spill.....it can all be seen by me

davidcj1179

Horology Curious
2/7/16
Totally agree. I've been looking over photos for so long. The other day I was at the mall and saw a real Roles Explerer II in a store window (authentic) and was blown away by how small it looked! Oh well....