• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone notice.....?

Roller

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
16/1/15
How small the watches look when they arrive after looking at GIANT pics of the dials in the M2M section, Any flaws that are pointed out in pics are barely if at all visible from a few inches away when the real thing comes. I can hardly read the print on some of them.

Logan86

Renowned Member
27/12/14
Oh yeah, I got a Submariner about a week ago and it looked a hundred times better in person than in the photos.

Reactions: Catchsomemore
D

d4m.test

Lol - try to buy a huge big watch, those look quite small on pics but not anymore when they arrive. It´s the eye playing tricks and reducing them to the sizes we´re used to.

And You´re right but still, once You know it´s there, You can see and notice the tiniest speck or misalignment even without a lupe.

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
I've got a 50mm U-boat on the way, I'm prepared for it to be smaller than I anticipate - which invariably means it will be larger than I anticipated, upon receipt.

My 47mm Egi was smaller than I was expecting though, as was my Big Pilot, so maybe I'm just underestimating the size of my wrist.

jm858

Horology Curious
16/2/15
I recently had some QC pictures I kept pulling up, starting to think I had made a mistake by not rejecting. When the watch arrived, I couldn't even see the things I'd been looking at. The difference between looking at a 42mm watch on my wrist, and an 18" diameter picture on my computer screen is just a little different.

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
I had that feeling only with my PAM 111 few years back, since then I got used on various sizes so no problems now. :D

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
And it's why I dislike all the reliance on QC pictures with people nit picking over crap that is invisible to the naked eye.

RAZiSGB.gif

We need more threads like this one! !!!

Couldn't agree more mate.....stickied.
happy-096.gif

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Here's one that was rejected by a member here because the dial was supposedly crooked and the markers at 6 and 9 were crooked. I added the lines to show reality and I guarantee nobody could ever tell anything was wrong when looking at the actual watch and not looking at these stupid over sized QC pictures.

bmwmcrzy

Known Member
29/9/14
I purchased a noob GMT-II and while it was in transit I went to tried on the gen and said FU*K.
This is tiny on my 8" waist.