• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone notice.....?

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
The watch arrived and I swear, I couldn't find those spots :Ds

First congrats, nice watch ;-)

But these "spots" are typical, if you a make a photo with high magnification of an object with a reflecting glas surface. The sports are not on the dial, but small dust on the surface of the crystal. I think everyone, who made this kind of photos knows this problem. You can clean the crystal as long as you want ... somewhere there is a spot. I guess, most of the high res photos without any "spots" are more or less a product of Photoshop.

spotcom

Finger Lickin’ Good
Supporter
Certified
15/6/19
USA
Oftentimes I expect wall clocks to arrive in the mail when my watch comes.

Reactions: leo6929

man5on90

Even a Copy Gives You a Distinctive Feeling
Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
Haha .. this is so true. I've often thought about this. The pics always look more impressive initially. Glad I'm not the only one. I often find think this when I watch youtube videos.

jowill923

Looking Around
8/4/21
From the time I've spent on here, I've seen people get so fastidious over literally the tiniest of imperfections... people complaining about this, people complaining about that in QC pictures etc... I find the less I obsess over these tiny details, the more I appreciate all the watches I have in my collection :)

Reactions: MattSP

Midnight Rider

Known Member
24/8/20
CONUS
If I were to take a high res digital photo of my 114060 build...it would look like a truck drove over the dial. During my build, the dial got smudges, small scratches, Hell...I even accidentally rolled the dial across the floor once. In person though, even close up...it looks immaculate! It was my first build and many mistakes were made. I have learned from those mistakes, but I still wear that watch with pride, and continue to get compliments on it to this day.

Reactions: Mille M

Mb713

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/11/21
Agreed! The watch looks way bigger in the photos than in person. Most of the time when you think the watch is too big for your wrist by looking at pictures, end up looking just fine!

Mb713

21/11/21
A perfect example is the Submariner. Looks big in photos with the maxi case but in reality it’s a small watch, which I actually prefer!

Reactions: flashu

Patrick 8

15/3/21
Pittsburgh
I’m sorry to but in off subject, but I just got back on RWI this morning! Is Noob gone for good. I have V12 Submariner for sale!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

AnExpensiveBracelet

17/4/22
Frankly I'm more concern with a rep watch that stop working after a year or two rather than the minute detail of the fonts etc.

I dont know about the rest but I dont have the tendency to take my watch off for someone to inspect them when I'm out wearing it...

Kain666

4/1/22
Even after my 20th watch I have to remind myself how much smaller the watch is going to look after drooling on the close ups for weeks. Can’t speak for everyone else but I’ll probably never get used to it. ????

Biscuittin

Supporter
Certified
27/10/20
Singapore
As a new comer to this forum, i share the same sentiments when reviewing QC pic of my recent acquisition. AP royal oak offshore with chrono. Bigger concern for me is the movement and how i should avoid activating the chronograph. ???? but of course, will hope for a decent aligment and font prints on the dial.

stagename42

21/7/22
yes, I was very surprised when I received mine after painstakingly looking at magnified details and realizing how small the watch and details really are in person

Shootgun

25/3/16
Haha this is so true.... I've often thought about this. The pics always look more impressive initially.

Tersti

12/7/21
Germany
I absolutely agree, I got a Royal Oak a couple of months ago and it looked a hundred times better in person than in the photos.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
What ? You mean no one here walks around with a loupe and examines their watch each time they need to see the time ? You don’t take your watch off 10 times a day to look through the display case back and despair over the print v the engraving. C’mon lads…..

Reactions: Seaboy85