• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone notice.....?

brux

17/8/15
I agree,they always look a lot smaller.in the photos thanks to my fellow members there is always something I did not notice,must be my age...

tbwanti

Renowned Member
13/10/13
agreed, it's a complete different thing if you have it on the flesh...

tickedoff

Supporter
2/1/17
canada
I hope this is true, I have a watch arriving soon ,(from a member here), that I got at a good price, but is full of tiny scratches on the photo.

quacks

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/10
^

In real life its hard to notice the flaws especially when you are constantly on the move day to day.

They only come up (i would say 80% of the "flaws") when we have time to sit down with a loupe and peer over the watch

Robertorelojitos

Known Member
17/4/17
DSC_0476.JPG Thats why my most important qc pic is this o e, if the watch looks perfect on this one the watch is going to be on my wrist:

Attachments

• DSC_0476.JPG
    DSC_0476.JPG
    297.7 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0476.JPG
    DSC_0476.JPG
    297.7 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC_0476.JPG
    DSC_0476.JPG
  • DSC_0476.JPG
    DSC_0476.JPG
    297.7 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC_0476.JPG
    DSC_0476.JPG

DocHolliday

Huckleberry Sales Mod
Advisor
11/2/15
My four steps of buying a watch.

1. Lust over a watch by looking through a thousand photos of it online.
Lust over a watch by looking through a thousand photos of it online.

2. Look up the shipping status two thousand times.

3. Open it up, realize how small it really is!

4. Put it on my wrist and forget about it.

tickedoff

Supporter
2/1/17
canada
My four steps of buying a watch.

1. Lust over a watch by looking through a thousand photos of it online.

2. Look up the shipping status two thousand times.

3. Open it up, realize how small it really is!

4. Put it on my wrist and forget about it.
5. Look at it one year later, sell it .

mrnoahj

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
21/7/14
Conus
So....I gotta call bullshit here...it’s a major blessing to have these huge, high def, blown up pics of these reps. After you land here and buy your first rep, you can pretty much get an idea of wrist size for any watch from 36mm-47mm, which is most every watch listed in the sales section. And boy, these high quality pics saved me the hassle of catch and releasing about 50 watches! Cmon people, get your heads on straight!

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
So....I gotta call bullshit here...it’s a major blessing to have these huge, high def, blown up pics of these reps. After you land here and buy your first rep, you can pretty much get an idea of wrist size for any watch from 36mm-47mm, which is most every watch listed in the sales section. And boy, these high quality pics saved me the hassle of catch and releasing about 50 watches! Cmon people, get your heads on straight!
I don’t understand what you are saying.

mrnoahj

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
21/7/14
Conus
I don’t understand what you are saying.
I’m saying I’ve never received a watch and been surprised by the size because of “huge” pictures. Majority of contributors on this thread seem to think that large photos and HD pictures almost ‘hinder’ a buyer. I’m just disagreeing with the majority. That’s all.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I’m saying I’ve never received a watch and been surprised by the size because of “huge” pictures. Majority of contributors on this thread seem to think that large photos and HD pictures almost ‘hinder’ a buyer. I’m just disagreeing with the majority. That’s all.
Got it. I honestly wasn’t sure. I’m one of those guys that no matter how many time I buy a watch after looking at pictures, it looks smaller when I get it. Even if I already have the same or a similar watch.

gavmeister

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/16
Got it. I honestly wasn’t sure. I’m one of those guys that no matter how many time I buy a watch after looking at pictures, it looks smaller when I get it. Even if I already have the same or a similar watch.
...and do not get me started on the size of those flaws when its blown up 1000x - you just cannot unsee them...

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
My first Rep is on the way! Tracking says its in transit to my destination. Let's all gather and pray that customs doesn't get it. Everyday I wake up and check the parcel status, this hobby is super thrilling

Sent from the RWI App

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
My first Rep is on the way! Tracking says its in transit to my destination. Let's all gather and pray that customs doesn't get it. Everyday I wake up and check the parcel status, this hobby is super thrilling

Sent from the RWI App
Just wait until it shows up broken.

garyoke

Horology Curious
13/3/18
I had a Bentley that I paid the equivalent of £85 for a few years ago. It wouldn't have fooled anyone ( except my wife's ex which was strangely gratifying) but I didn't buy it to fool anyone, I bought it because it looked different. Personally I buy what I like, and in some cases what I don't if they're different or come with something I do want but I never expect more than I pay for. I actually like some of the flaws but do like to see decent workmanship be it gen or rep and a price that reflects the quality.

I have a gen Swarovski Piazza Grande which, whilst a bit chunky, looks great on the wrist but I would never have paid the £900 retail price when it was released. I waited until it hit the outlet stores and picked it up for under £300. It's now pretty much my everyday watch.

I

garyoke

Horology Curious
13/3/18
I had a Bentley that I paid the equivalent of £85 for a few years ago. It wouldn't have fooled anyone ( except my wife's ex which was strangely gratifying) but I didn't buy it to fool anyone, I bought it because it looked different. Personally I buy what I like, and in some cases what I don't if they're different or come with something I do want but I never expect more than I pay for. I actually like some of the flaws but do like to see decent workmanship be it gen or rep and a price that reflects the quality.

I have a gen Swarovski Piazza Grande which, whilst a bit chunky, looks great on the wrist but I would never have paid the £900 retail price when it was released. I waited until it hit the outlet stores and picked it up for under £300. It's now pretty much my everyday watch.