• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

nitocx

Renowned Member
18/10/14
Cartier tourbi....
6a4365245d6df70a424b0284c91cefa1.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-A505G mediante Tapatalk

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
Questions for the tourby experts. I was part of the camp that thought Tourbys are ticking timebombs but I have heard more good things than bad. Obviously they probably won’t last as long as simpler movements but still having a tourby is a dream come true. My question is, does anyone have experience with R8 factory? I know BBR and JBF are the two big names. R8 has an AP tourby with the correct silver balance wheel instead of gold. Wondering if R8 makes reliable tourbys? Otherwise I’ll play it safe and stick with JBF because they strictly make tourbys which means they know what they’re doing.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I have two JF AP tourbillon and was thinking about the R8 as well. The black R8 AP tourbillon in black DLC does have the new silver tourbillon. I spoke to Shylock Eins about his R8 AP tourbillon black and he had good things to say about it. Keep in mind the AP gen tourbillon is gold colored and the black ceramic gen has a silver tourbillon.

My recommendation is to pick the brand and style you like best. For me the Roger Dubuis is not my favorite style and the JBF one and BBR is very nicely done however.

I don't think JBF or BBR makes any AP tourbillon so you are limited to either JF or R8. The R8 is slightly thicker than the JF so I have purchased the JF versions. I have the blue and grey dial JF AP tourbillon and they have run well.

I will get either the R8 black DLC or a rose gold JF AP blue dial as my next purchase. Good luck with your decision..

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
I have two JF AP tourbillon and was thinking about the R8 as well. The black R8 AP tourbillon in black DLC does have the new silver tourbillon. I spoke to Shylock Eins about his R8 AP tourbillon black and he had good things to say about it. Keep in mind the AP gen tourbillon is gold colored and the black ceramic gen has a silver tourbillon.

My recommendation is to pick the brand and style you like best. For me the Roger Dubuis is not my favorite style and the JBF one and BBR is very nicely done however.

I don't think JBF or BBR makes any AP tourbillon so you are limited to either JF or R8. The R8 is slightly thicker than the JF so I have purchased the JF versions. I have the blue and grey dial JF AP tourbillon and they have run well.

I will get either the R8 black DLC or a rose gold JF AP blue dial as my next purchase. Good luck with your decision..

How are your JF tourbys doing? If JF can make a decent tourby then I guess we have nothing to worry about since they don’t focus on tourbys.
R8 also has a V2 of the blue dial Royal Oak Tourbillon and it has the updated silver balance wheel just like the gen. Im thinking either that or the new JBF Hublot Spirit of Big Bang Tourby. I know JBF makes good tourbys, I was just concerned about R8 since I haven’t heard of them as much. Thanks for the info!

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
How are your JF tourbys doing? If JF can make a decent tourby then I guess we have nothing to worry about since they don’t focus on tourbys.
R8 also has a V2 of the blue dial Royal Oak Tourbillon and it has the updated silver balance wheel just like the gen. Im thinking either that or the new JBF Hublot Spirit of Big Bang Tourby. I know JBF makes good tourbys, I was just concerned about R8 since I haven’t heard of them as much. Thanks for the info!

My JF tourbillons have run fine knock on wood. Something to remember is that AP has two dial styles or tapisserie that they use on their tourbillons. One is the straight across and the other is the sunburst or evolutive.

Not all their tourbillons have the silver wheel some still have gold. I recommend you take a look at the AP website and see their tourbillons and compare what reps are out to make your judgement.

Certainly the black ceramic AP tourbillon does come with silver tourbillon and the new R8 version has this.

Reactions: CarmeloAnthony

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
My JF tourbillons have run fine knock on wood. Something to remember is that AP has two dial styles or tapisserie that they use on their tourbillons. One is the straight across and the other is the sunburst or evolutive.

Not all their tourbillons have the silver wheel some still have gold. I recommend you take a look at the AP website and see their tourbillons and compare what reps are out to make your judgement.

Certainly the black ceramic AP tourbillon does come with silver tourbillon and the new R8 version has this.

Yup I have looked on the site. The purple radial pattern has the gold. The all black has the silver. The blue radial has the silver. Etc.

passedaway

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/20
https://imgur.com/a/xXAZPfX
up77uyB.jpg

Just ordered this one. Was really considering the Roger Dubuis one but have too many round watches. This one looks more interesting. For some reason, they chose to use black color for Hublot text and logo (gen is white) but I dig it.

Last edited:

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Definitely a grail piece! Do you think the AP logo on the dial is not visible enough? Kinda makes me want the blue dial, though I like the stealth/rarity of the platinum

The blue dial is amazing. The grey dial is unique. The writing on the grey dial is not faint, it is the angle of the pictures that make it look faint.