• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

NaViSlick

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/5/20
Im definitely not an expert haha! I just like spinning round round baby right round.... you can get a rose gold double tourbillon at the moment. Ive seen a pic, possibly in this thread, of someone with the rose gold bbr. Just bear in mind that the tourbillon on the left on both of them has no time keeping function what so ever. Still looks the same as a double tourbillon but over time one will spin faster than the other. If your after a skeletonised version im guessing it will never happen because that would require a genuine working double tourby and a very complex movement to be cloned. Which gen has your friend got? Pics or it didn’t happen ;)

ive tried this one on at the ad, absolutely stunning. Definitely my lottery win watch
Z3nj43.jpg

Yeah I guess with the normal double tourbillon, the dial is able to hide the movement so they don't have to worry all that much about it being exactly like gen whereas with the skeleton version, everything is visible. The piece he has is quite similar to the one you tried on, but not the same. The reference number seems to be RDDBEX0269. The primary difference is that the minute markers are dots rather than lines, but the movement is basically the same. I only have one picture of it that he sent me many years ago and it's very low quality, so I'd rather not contribute to this thread with low quality crap. Instead, I'll offer you a picture of a gen IWC Portofino Tourbillon Retrograde I checked out at an AD! If this doesn't satiate you, I will happily dig out the picture of his RD, let me know.
65SnQkC.jpg
65SnQkC.jpg

It seems like I'm having trouble uploading the image, so here's a link: https://imgur.com/65SnQkC

Last edited:

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Yeah I guess with the normal double tourbillon, the dial is able to hide the movement so they don't have to worry all that much about it being exactly like gen whereas with the skeleton version, everything is visible. The piece he has is quite similar to the one you tried on, but not the same. The reference number seems to be RDDBEX0269. The primary difference is that the minute markers are dots rather than lines, but the movement is basically the same. I only have one picture of it that he sent me many years ago and it's very low quality, so I'd rather not contribute to this thread with low quality crap. Instead, I'll offer you a picture of a gen IWC Portofino Tourbillon Retrograde I checked out at an AD! If this doesn't satiate you, I will happily dig out the picture of his RD, let me know.
65SnQkC.jpg
65SnQkC.jpg

It seems like I'm having trouble uploading the image, so here's a link: https://imgur.com/65SnQkC

In my books, anyone with a gen roger dubuis is great friend! Especially if that happens to be the £250k double skeleton gen! Fair play to the guy its a great watch to have.

i do also love a retrograde function, the iwc is a great watch too. I have a rep lange with dual retrograde seconds. I mainly like it because it does a lot of action a lof of the time. Dont need to wait a month to see it flick back :p

NaViSlick

23/5/20
In my books, anyone with a gen roger dubuis is great friend! Especially if that happens to be the £250k double skeleton gen! Fair play to the guy its a great watch to have.

i do also love a retrograde function, the iwc is a great watch too. I have a rep lange with dual retrograde seconds. I mainly like it because it does a lot of action a lof of the time. Dont need to wait a month to see it flick back :p

He's actually one of my closest friends. Perhaps part of the reason is our shared passion for watches and cars. You can imagine how crazy his collection is simply based on the fact that he's got that RD. He alternates between 3 AP ROO for his daily wear, talk about disproportionate wealth! He claims to have a few RMs, but I haven't seen them (yet I do believe him). On a side note, I was able to handle a gen RM029 (I think, my memory is a bit fuzzy) once from another friends collection, and I was seriously impressed. I don't really think pictures do RMs justice. That said, I think I'd rather spend my money on a new S class or used Lamborghini before I buy an RM!

Surprised to know there are reps with functioning retrograde seconds. Perhaps I should have expected it considering how advanced reps have become (seriously, being able to produce a double tourbillon is a crowning achievement in and of itself). Did you happen to write a review on it? Would love to read it.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
He's actually one of my closest friends. Perhaps part of the reason is our shared passion for watches and cars. You can imagine how crazy his collection is simply based on the fact that he's got that RD. He alternates between 3 AP ROO for his daily wear, talk about disproportionate wealth! He claims to have a few RMs, but I haven't seen them (yet I do believe him). On a side note, I was able to handle a gen RM029 (I think, my memory is a bit fuzzy) once from another friends collection, and I was seriously impressed. I don't really think pictures do RMs justice. That said, I think I'd rather spend my money on a new S class or used Lamborghini before I buy an RM!

Surprised to know there are reps with functioning retrograde seconds. Perhaps I should have expected it considering how advanced reps have become (seriously, being able to produce a double tourbillon is a crowning achievement in and of itself). Did you happen to write a review on it? Would love to read it.

Oh of course he must be minted! Money cant buy taste, but if he has an rd double tourbillon and a few roo’s, i think his taste in time pieces must be fantastic! I have been to the rm ad too, as much as I appreciate that they are very well made and advanced watches, they just dont do it for me. I find them a bit chunky on the whole. Each to their own i guess.

I didnt do a review of the split retrograde seconds but i did take it apart and fit it which you can see here. Turns out the mechanism is very simple and pretty ingenious!
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...it-retrograde-second-repair-movement-nerd-out

NaViSlick

23/5/20
Oh of course he must be minted! Money cant buy taste, but if he has an rd double tourbillon and a few roo’s, i think his taste in time pieces must be fantastic! I have been to the rm ad too, as much as I appreciate that they are very well made and advanced watches, they just dont do it for me. I find them a bit chunky on the whole. Each to their own i guess.

I didnt do a review of the split retrograde seconds but i did take it apart and fit it which you can see here. Turns out the mechanism is very simple and pretty ingenious!
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...it-retrograde-second-repair-movement-nerd-out

RMs are definitely an acquired taste. I think perhaps half the draw for many people is the hype around the watches themselves. With so many celebrities flaunting RMs, it definitely drives up the desire for people who are just as wealthy but not exactly famous.

Great post btw, just read through it. You'd never imagine a watch that looks so complicated to actually mechanically be so simple, you're right.

Reading through this thread really makes me wonder if I'd be able to pull of a tourbillon as my very first rep... Not so sure, but I'm not completely against the idea either. Jumping into the deep end is always a fun albeit dangerous adventure.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
RMs are definitely an acquired taste. I think perhaps half the draw for many people is the hype around the watches themselves. With so many celebrities flaunting RMs, it definitely drives up the desire for people who are just as wealthy but not exactly famous.

Great post btw, just read through it. You'd never imagine a watch that looks so complicated to actually mechanically be so simple, you're right.

Reading through this thread really makes me wonder if I'd be able to pull of a tourbillon as my very first rep... Not so sure, but I'm not completely against the idea either. Jumping into the deep end is always a fun albeit dangerous adventure.

It’s not like if you are wearing a Tourbillon people will think you are a oil sheik or imitating one. You can get gen Tourbillons on Chrono24 for 5-700$.
People know nothing about watch prices. Wear what you want.

Reactions: Dr Fun Socks

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17

The chinese are great at making theoretically complicated things very simply and cheaply. If tourbillons are your thing, i say get involved. There are a lot to chose from. Ive done reviews of most of the rd ones in the other watches section, have a look there if you want some in depth reviews and pictures.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

NaViSlick

23/5/20
It’s not like if you are wearing a Tourbillon people will think you are a oil sheik or imitating one. You can get gen Tourbillons on Chrono24 for 5-700$.
People know nothing about watch prices. Wear what you want.

Honestly, most people know nothing other than Rolex, Omega, and Tag. As such, wearing a rep of a $100k+ RD tourbillon would actually be less conspicuous than the all-famous coronet bearing watch.

The chinese are great at making theoretically complicated things very simply and cheaply. If tourbillons are your thing, i say get involved. There are a lot to chose from. Ive done reviews of most of the rd ones in the other watches section, have a look there if you want some in depth reviews and pictures.

I've already checked out your reviews of the Excalibur skeleton tourbillon and the double tourbillon, great work! I'm particularly interested in the skeletonized version, but I'm slightly concerned with maintenance. Seems like it would be really tough to service it right?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Honestly, most people know nothing other than Rolex, Omega, and Tag. As such, wearing a rep of a $100k+ RD tourbillon would actually be less conspicuous than the all-famous coronet bearing watch.

I've already checked out your reviews of the Excalibur skeleton tourbillon and the double tourbillon, great work! I'm particularly interested in the skeletonized version, but I'm slightly concerned with maintenance. Seems like it would be really tough to service it right?

No harder than any other tourbillon. Ive got a watch maker called steve who is happy to service rep tourbys. Only watch maker i know of doing it. Obviously if it breaks before you get it serviced, parts are essentially non existent but thats a different story.

NaViSlick

23/5/20
No harder than any other tourbillon. Ive got a watch maker called steve who is happy to service rep tourbys. Only watch maker i know of doing it. Obviously if it breaks before you get it serviced, parts are essentially non existent but thats a different story.

Well good to know, will keep that in mind when I eventually make my first purchase. Being a part of this club from the get-go is very appealing, I can't lie :D

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
This was going to be my latest edition to my tourbillon collection. Waiting for confirmation from TD about the possible issue on the tapisserie of the dial. See red circle I made on the picture. Appears to be a damaged area on the dial.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Will post pictures when I receive the watch. Hoping I don't have to reject this one and hoping the issue I see is just some dirt on the crystal.

NaViSlick

23/5/20
This was going to be my latest edition to my tourbillon collection. Waiting for confirmation from TD about the possible issue on the tapisserie of the dial. See red circle I made on the picture. Appears to be a damaged area on the dial.

This might be a known flaw, but doesn't the AP logo text look quite faint?

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
Do you guys think a Hublot Classic Fusion tourby by JBF would last a decent amount of time without a service out the box? Might service it a year or two later. But I have never had to service any of my non tourbys reps (2 years now) so Im thinking maybe the risk isn't worth it? My thing is that I buy a $700 rep and then get a $200 service and I couldve bought two exceptional non tourbys for $900 instead. I hate this dilemma.

Reactions: varonfrank514

theflyingdutchman

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
Do you guys think a Hublot Classic Fusion tourby by JBF would last a decent amount of time without a service out the box? Might service it a year or two later. But I have never had to service any of my non tourbys reps (2 years now) so Im thinking maybe the risk isn't worth it? My thing is that I buy a $700 rep and then get a $200 service and I couldve bought two exceptional non tourbys for $900 instead. I hate this dilemma.

My FM is running 6 years without servcie!

Reactions: CarmeloAnthony

Lutherone

27/1/16
Hi mate. I looked for this beautiful piece in many TD, but without found it. I can know, where did you get it? Thanks in advance