• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Thanks for this reply, this is absolutely the sort of information I was looking for. I have to say that is seriously stunning!!! This community is the best thing ever... everybody here is unreal and the knowledge is priceless.

I do have one question, how often do you have to wind the tourbillon? Is it a daily task|?

You mean “is it a daily enjoyment” ;)

Most rep tourbillons have a PR of 2-3 days, which is pretty decent, as most gens have the same.

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Somewhere in your peripheral vision
They are mostly manual winding. Tourbillon movements are notorious for having issues of 'over winding', therefore I would not recommend one that is 'self-winding', although many have had them without issue. Even on a manual wind, I would recommend 20 turns of the crown max from an empty PR, and then periodically throughout the day (you will find yourself looking at it quite a lot) give it another 2-3 turns to keep it topped up.

I would not recommend a tourby as a daily wear watch. There is a lot of wear for the fragility of the parts, especially cheap Chinese parts. Whilst you may get away with it, I would suggest you keep it as an 'occasion' watch, or to wear in rotation with others, a couple of days a week at most

simon24james

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/5/20
You mean “is it a daily enjoyment” ;)

Most rep tourbillons have a PR of 2-3 days, which is pretty decent, as most gens have the same.

Honestly incredible advice, knowledge, and insight. I have been looking at these and thinking I would definitely want it as a daily wear to show it off... because they do look soooooo gorgeous. But given the price, definitely wouldn't want to ruin it.

I think I will be pulling the trigger this weekend and will certainly post my photos/video on this thread when it arrives... the only decision now is which tourbillon to go for.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Honestly incredible advice, knowledge, and insight. I have been looking at these and thinking I would definitely want it as a daily wear to show it off... because they do look soooooo gorgeous. But given the price, definitely wouldn't want to ruin it.

I think I will be pulling the trigger this weekend and will certainly post my photos/video on this thread when it arrives... the only decision now is which tourbillon to go for.

I probably sound like a broken record but roger dubuis, all day every day. Anyone who does like them, unfortunately we cannot be friends ;)
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...s-excalibur-tourbillon-v3-vs-v1-vs-gen-review

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-roger-dubuis-double-tourbillon-by-jbf-review

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
Thanks for this reply, this is absolutely the sort of information I was looking for. I have to say that is seriously stunning!!! This community is the best thing ever... everybody here is unreal and the knowledge is priceless.

I do have one question, how often do you have to wind the tourbillon? Is it a daily task|?

The Label Noir rep has a JB automatic movement.

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
I probably sound like a broken record but roger dubuis, all day every day. Anyone who does like them, unfortunately we cannot be friends ;)
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-vs-gen-review

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-by-jbf-review

I have the Knights non-tourby: to me the problem with these is the rather clumsy and thick case. I can understand it on mine because of the need to clear the silly swords (!) but I think it's the same thick case on the others, isn't it?.

Last edited:

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I have the Knights non-tourby: to me the problem with these is the rather clumsy and thick case. I can understand it on mine because of the need to clear the silly swords (!) but I think it's the same thick case on the others, isn't it?.

Yeah ive got the zzf knights of the round table. Far and away my least favourite rd watch. The clasp sucks. Strap is sized for a gorilla. It is also pretty chunky as you say. The v1/v3 excalibur tourbillon is much slimmer and smaller than the knights of the round table. Even the double tourbillon feels a bit slimmer but i havent measured it.

also, the swords arent silly, any watch that comes with 12 swords is automatically cool in my books :p

Last edited:
Reactions: rj999

Chall662

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
28/9/16
Beautiful watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vtxf

15/11/14
Overwinding is a big problem as stated earlier. Wind to 70%power and should be perfect.

Iaugh

Horology Curious
6/7/13
0uySD.jpg
0u9Lk.jpg

Hi guys, im finally owner of tourby watch, after owning HBB V6 and AP Schumi JF i decided to take it to the next level with some skeletonized tourbillon beauty. I chose Roger Dubuis Excalibur Sports Tourbillon Titanium BBR V2 :) amazing watch. Thank you Ryan

Last edited:

sp00ky

24/8/20
I was about to start a topic with an noob question and than I saw this thread. My first question was: Is there any rep with an "heartbeat" mechanic like the original RM 035-02 has? And than I saw this thread and thought is this movement maybe called tourbillon?

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
The Label Noir rep has a JB automatic movement.

How is this automatic tourbillon movement in terms of reliability? Better than the manual winds? Are there any known issues? Im contemplating between this milgauss tourby or a hublot classic fusion skeleton tourby but I don’t know if I should go with manual wind or automatic.

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
How is this automatic tourbillon movement in terms of reliability? Better than the manual winds? Are there any known issues? Im contemplating between this milgauss tourby or a hublot classic fusion skeleton tourby but I don’t know if I should go with manual wind or automatic.

I have a manual wind V-C as well as the two auto Label Noirs. The V-C has been fine, but it doesn't get a lot of wrist time. The second L-N has also been fine.

Reactions: CarmeloAnthony

Getsuga

6/9/20
Or if you have a VC Traditionnelle that you want to get rid of, PM me.