• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

Shylock Eins

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/2/16
b2530574cd547d31208a9926f2134800.plist

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19
From my research, the thinnest rep Tourbillons are 12 mm thick. There are several examples of those - the green IWC I posted above, the Drive de Cartier and JLC Master Ultra Thin come to mind. Several others, like the Lange 1815 Handwerkskunst are 12.5 mm. Keep in mind that these are all hand wound tourbillon watches. Generally any automatic tourbillons will be at least 14 mm thick.

However, thickness is not necessarily a detriment for tourbillon watches. I suggest you rather look for accuracy, and compare the gen and rep thickness. Here is an example of the thickness of the four I mentioned:

1. JLC MUT: Gen-11.3 mm; Rep-12 mm
2. DD Cartier: Gen-11.25 mm; Rep-12 mm
3. IWC HW: Gen-12 mm; Rep-12 mm
4. ALS 1815 HW: Gen-11.1 mm; Rep-12.5 mm

Reading back through the history of this thread and this post was an absolute gem. Pete, do you have any recommendations for tourbillons that use an automatic movement?

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
7gVXE.jpg

Puretime automatic Label Noir in stainless steel, the first one I bought in PVD was a disappointment, since the PVD was very thin and soon showed the steel. But this one is in stainless and currently is keeping excellent time on my wrist.

It's an interesting watch, particularly since the Swiss firm Label Noir operate in the grey market themselves, Rolex do not support or endorse their changes! Whether they also use a JB movement, who knows...

Last edited:

simon24james

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/5/20
This may sound like a stupid question, but are all these Tourbillon's replicas? Or are some of these Genuine?

I have been looking at a few Tourbillon's for months now and they seem to get so much bad comments from other uses... but I don't know if these are based from fact, or simply opinion?

I would be EXTREMELY interested to hear people experiences with Asia Flying Tourbillon movements because I am dying to take a leap and buy one. The watch that is really tempting me is this...
https://puretimewatch.io/watch-bran...rbillon-v9f-best-edition-on-pvd-bracelet.html

I would really love to hear everybody thought and knowledge on this matter.

Reactions: Fontaine

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
This may sound like a stupid question, but are all these Tourbillon's replicas? Or are some of these Genuine?

I have been looking at a few Tourbillon's for months now and they seem to get so much bad comments from other uses... but I don't know if these are based from fact, or simply opinion?

I would be EXTREMELY interested to hear people experiences with Asia Flying Tourbillon movements because I am dying to take a leap and buy one. The watch that is really tempting me is this...
https://puretimewatch.io/watch-bran...rbillon-v9f-best-edition-on-pvd-bracelet.html

I would really love to hear everybody thought and knowledge on this matter.

Who says bad stuff about them? I guess its a given everyone who posts pics in this thread has risked their hard earned on a tourbillon. They’re not cheap but ive never had a problem with one, i must of had about 10 different ones now? If its the people who say sub reps are completely un wearable because the font on the x of rolex is slightly off, that could be the problem. Most people with tourbillons are happy to put up with a couple of flaws if it means getting a working tourbillon. Plus theyre great value if you consider your getting a $100,000+ watch for $800, as opposed to a $10,000 rolex for $500. <1% rrp vs 5%. Despite saying all of this the watch you linked is one of the rare ones i have seen a thread about because one guy had a problem. I think its over on rwg.

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
Who says bad stuff about them? I guess its a given everyone who posts pics in this thread has risked their hard earned on a tourbillon. They’re not cheap but ive never had a problem with one, i must of had about 10 different ones now? If its the people who say sub reps are completely un wearable because the font on the x of rolex is slightly off, that could be the problem. Most people with tourbillons are happy to put up with a couple of flaws if it means getting a working tourbillon. Plus theyre great value if you consider your getting a $100,000+ watch for $800, as opposed to a $10,000 rolex for $500. <1% rrp vs 5%. Despite saying all of this the watch you linked is one of the rare ones i have seen a thread about because one guy had a problem. I think its over on rwg.

That was me, and the main bearing was faulty and was fine in the dial up position but, had problems on the wrist. I also didn't like the thin PVD. But it hasn't stopped me buying the stainless version which is working well. The image is a page or so back, Here:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ial-rwi-tourbillon-club?p=9055949#post9055949.
These things happen with reps;):rolleyes:

Last edited:

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
That was me, and the main bearing was faulty and was fine in the dial up position but, had problems on the wrist. I also didn't like the thin PVD. But it hasn't stopped me buying the stainless version which is working well. The image is a page or so back, Here:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ial-rwi-tourbillon-club?p=9055949#post9055949.

Glad you got a new one and its working well :) shame it was an expensive rep that went wrong but its better than an expensive gen going wrong!

Reactions: rj999

simon24james

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/5/20

Thanks for this reply, this is absolutely the sort of information I was looking for. I have to say that is seriously stunning!!! This community is the best thing ever... everybody here is unreal and the knowledge is priceless.

I do have one question, how often do you have to wind the tourbillon? Is it a daily task|?