• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
Hey man, i could be very wrong but im 99% sure no tourbillon stops running when you pull the crown out to set the time. I believe most brakes are a thin copper strip that touches the balance wheel when the keyless functions. This isnt possible on the tourbillon due to:
a. The small weights around the balance wheel, cant just jam a brake in there
b. The offset wheel on carousel type tourbillons. If would be a huge feat of engineering to get a brake to function on that.
ive have a few tourbys an none of them have stopped when i pull the crown out. Just crack on with it :)

Ah Ok, thank you. So i cant set the Time that precise, no Problem, i dont use it to controll the Processes on a Nuclear Plant :) I just sit here and watch the Carousel turning :)

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Hey man, i could be very wrong but im 99% sure no tourbillon stops running when you pull the crown out to set the time. I believe most brakes are a thin copper strip that touches the balance wheel when the keyless functions. This isnt possible on the tourbillon due to:
a. The small weights around the balance wheel, cant just jam a brake in there
b. The offset wheel on carousel type tourbillons. If would be a huge feat of engineering to get a brake to function on that.
ive have a few tourbys an none of them have stopped when i pull the crown out. Just crack on with it :)

A. Lange & Söhne patented the stop-seconds mechanism in 2008. Afterwards they went further giving it a zero-reset function. It's incredible but true :)
https://www.alange-soehne.com/en/timepieces/1815-tourbillon

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Ah Ok, thank you. So i cant set the Time that precise, no Problem, i dont use it to controll the Processes on a Nuclear Plant :) I just sit here and watch the Carousel turning :)

Yeah your not going to be accurate to the second. I get the irony in improving the accuracy of time keeping but not being able to set the seconds! Enjoy the watch though its a beauty!

NF1965

I'm Pretty Popular
11/4/14
United Kingdom
Do you think it can be mounted on it? There isn't much space between the crystal and the jewel in the center of the tourbillon.

Sorry buddy, I’m only joking! I want the stainless steel tourby so I can sell the rose gold one back to Patrick ( Cmaster )
I have considered trying it though but don’t think a pinion could be put where the jewel is. Maybe I will ask my friendly watch guru (Ado213)

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Sorry buddy, I’m only joking! I want the stainless steel tourby so I can sell the rose gold one back to Patrick ( Cmaster )
I have considered trying it though but don’t think a pinion could be put where the jewel is. Maybe I will ask my friendly watch guru (Ado213)

haha okay. I have a 1815 in steel.

20191106-011353.jpg

20191103-185155.jpg

It's on a Jean Rousseau nubuck alligator strap. Very special. It's a new colour.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
BBR Factory Roger Dubuis Excalibur Double Flying Tourbillon Series: 2.388 USD.... and it comes on: [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Black[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] Embossed Croc Style Calf Leather Strap[/FONT][/FONT]
https://www.trustytime02.cc/index.ph...8f00456acb957a

Wow. Thats some serious stuff there! A bit hefty price tag for a rep, but a functional double tourbillon. Thats really something.