• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

NF1965

I'm Pretty Popular
11/4/14
United Kingdom
Back in the tourby fold

ZIWGj.jpg

ZIUp1.jpg

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Back in the tourby fold

ZIWGj.jpg

ZIUp1.jpg

I have to say she is an absolute beauty. However I have to say i may be biased lol.

Did you not use the Orloff?

Last edited:

NF1965

I'm Pretty Popular
11/4/14
United Kingdom
Well done mate! Big congrats with this.. It's a great looking watch... I would love to have it in RG, but it's just vanished from the face of the earth... 6-7 TD's can't get it..... And no-one is putting it for sale on M2M.

I’m looking out for others too. Have to be 42mm though as less seem too small for me.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
NF1965 thanks mate. You wont be able to fit a 20mm strap to a 18mm buckle. If it was 19 to 18 it would be possible. But not 20. You will need a 20mm buckle or deployant. I would be careful with the measures of the strap though. Because a strap for a buckle doesn't fit a deployant. Because deployant wont correctly be centered, as deployant straps have a shorter 12 o clock side and a longer 6 o clock side than the straps for a buckle.

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
Hi,

I would like to join this noble Club :)

Here is my Tourby. was a PITA over many months to get it. Tourbillon, working Power Reserve and Date. Today the Custom made Strap arrived, which is a very huge improvement. Sry that the minute hand is over the Brands Name :;

Oh and one Question: I am new to Totbillons and wear this the first time today. I guess all our Rep Tourbys share the same Movement? I also think, that it is not possible to set the Time correct, as - at leat mine - has no Hacking-mechanism? Usually one then would try to apply Tension with the crown by turning it slightly backwards as you do it on some Columwheel-Chronos to hold the Second Hand from moving, but how to set the time precisely here?

Last edited by a moderator:

NF1965

I'm Pretty Popular
11/4/14
United Kingdom
Hi,

I would like to join this noble Club :)

Here is my Tourby. was a PITA over many months to get it. Tourbillon, working Power Reserve and Date. Today the Custom made Strap arrived, which is a very huge improvement. Sry that the minute hand is over the Brands Name :;

Oh and one Question: I am new to Totbillons and wear this the first time today. I guess all our Rep Tourbys share the same Movement? I also think, that it is not possible to set the Time correct, as - at leat mine - has no Hacking-mechanism? Usually one then would try to apply Tension with the crown by turning it slightly backwards as you do it on some Columwheel-Chronos to hold the Second Hand from moving, but how to set the time precisely here?

I like that! Where did you get it? What size is it please?

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
Fat Panda sourced it for me. Puretime also has it, some others said, they cant get it. Size is iirc 43 mm and therefor way bigger the Gen. Thank God it is, as i have a big wrist and would not want it, if it would be same size as Gen ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NF1965

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Hi,

Hey man, i could be very wrong but im 99% sure no tourbillon stops running when you pull the crown out to set the time. I believe most brakes are a thin copper strip that touches the balance wheel when the keyless functions. This isnt possible on the tourbillon due to:
a. The small weights around the balance wheel, cant just jam a brake in there
b. The offset wheel on carousel type tourbillons. If would be a huge feat of engineering to get a brake to function on that.
ive have a few tourbys an none of them have stopped when i pull the crown out. Just crack on with it :)