• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
If they know anything about Tourbillon then they know this brand.

All they have to do is google A. Lange & Sohne Tourbillon and there it is on first page

Dude as you spend time in the wider world with reps you will realise if anyone recognises your watch they are more likley to compliment you than snatch your wrist and pull out a loupe. If your uncomfortable wearing an ‘obvious’ rep buy a v9 sub and spend 3-4k making it look 10% less fake. Tourby club is for people who like spinny things. It could be 90% ‘wrong’ if it looks cool you can bet your ass most people on this thread will like it!

Reactions: KJ2020 and C Master

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
If they know anything about Tourbillon then they know this brand.

All they have to do is google A. Lange & Sohne Tourbillon and there it is on first page

I can’t fathom any other scenario where that happens other than you going out of your way to do a press conference about your new watch :D. Otherwise, nobody cares. You’re still new to reps and understandably have that noob paranoia that there are strangers out there lurking around corners just to call your rep out. If you don’t have the panache to wear that watch, then find something else you feel comfortable wearing.

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06

Hyjynx

28/9/13
Just picked up this beautiful Manufaktur Waldhoff Ultramatic Tourbillion fresh off its Kickstarter campaign. The specs are quite impressive for a sub-$1000 German made watch:

42.5mm case diameter and 13,8mm thickness
316L Stainless steel case
Metallic multilayer dial with applied indices and lumed hands
Sapphire front with AR-coating.
Sapphire exposition back.
Peacock 5212 Flying Wing Co-Axial tourbillon - 21,600 bph with 29 jewels and 40 hour power reserve.
22mm lug width.
Genuine calf leather strap with a stainless steel deployment buckle. There’s also an SS bracelet. Both leather straps and bracelets come with quick-release springs so changing is quite a breeze.
The watch comes in 4 dial colors - Obsidian black (pictured), royal black, royal blue and pearl. There’s also a rose gold version.

82c9262ef35e27c3245ac8df821f3ed4.jpg

0ab40c71e6e7b51459922014cc2731c9.jpg

0939b2f85526adc27b89e388d9ff1e75.jpg

1c0f164b7f271fabe07a11295d5cd80f.jpg

My initial thought is that the dial is rather wordy - why do you need “Tourbillon” on the dial more than once? They definitely skimped on the packaging (pitiful cardboard) and the leather strap (honestly, I’ve seen better on some high end reps). At 13.8mm, the watch is rather high, but nowhere close to the Franck Muller tourbillon. All that said, there is no gainsaying the superb quality of this watch. The dial is beautiful and deeply multilayered. I probably would have done away with the rotor to slim the watch a bit, but that too is beautifully decorated.

Overall, this is “bang for bucks” watch. Did I mention it is made in Germany? If I didn’t, it’s on the watch... three times!

Reactions: Dr Fun Socks

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Just picked up this beautiful Manufaktur Waldhoff Ultramatic Tourbillion fresh off its Kickstarter campaign. The specs are quite impressive for a sub-$1000 German made watch:

Peacock 5212 Flying Wing Co-Axial tourbillon - 21,600 bph with 29 jewels and 40 hour power reserve.
22mm lug width.
Genuine calf leather strap with a stainless steel deployment buckle. There’s also an SS bracelet. Both leather straps and bracelets come with quick-release springs so changing is quite a breeze.
The watch comes in 4 dial colors - Obsidian black (pictured), royal black, royal blue and pearl. There’s also a rose gold version.

My initial thought is that the dial is rather wordy - why do you need “Tourbillon” on the dial more than once? They definitely skimped on the packaging (pitiful cardboard) and the leather strap (honestly, I’ve seen better on some high end reps). At 13.8mm, the watch is rather high, but nowhere close to the Franck Muller tourbillon. All that said, there is no gainsaying the superb quality of this watch. The dial is beautiful and deeply multilayered. I probably would have done away with the rotor to slim the watch a bit, but that too is beautifully decorated.

Overall, this is “bang for bucks” watch. Did I mention it is made in Germany? If I didn’t, it’s on the watch... three times!

What a beauty. I agree overkill on the printing probably too thick for my liking on a dress watch. I do like that it comes with an SS strap but then probably superfluous as this is a dress watch. Keep on buying these please to save me from doing so, until you get the perfect one. I am tourby less at the moment and I am starting to regret that.

One day when I do not have kids and hopefully they do not go up this in value this could be mine lol. However I do not think no matter how much I had that I would ever consider buying a watch for the price of a 3 bed semi.

McGonigle-Tuscar-Banu-600x900.jpg
c40b63_b9774abdb24342dd8bb762de49acf042~mv2_d_3000_3018_s_4_2.webp

Reactions: Hyjynx

Hyjynx

28/9/13
What a beauty. I agree overkill on the printing probably too thick for my liking on a dress watch. I do like that it comes with an SS strap but then probably superfluous as this is a dress watch. Keep on buying these please to save me from doing so, until you get the perfect one. I am tourby less at the moment and I am starting to regret that.

One day when I do not have kids and hopefully they do not go up this in value this could be mine lol. However I do not think no matter how much I had that I would ever consider buying a watch for the price of a 3 bed semi.

McGonigle-Tuscar-Banu-600x900.jpg
c40b63_b9774abdb24342dd8bb762de49acf042~mv2_d_3000_3018_s_4_2.webp

Thanks. I fell in love with that “Irish Pride” tourbillon watch the very first time you posted it. Then I went to check the price and my enthusiasm was immediately curbed. :D
Maybe if I win the lottery. Or some unknown rich man/woman dies and I’m discovered to be the only living relation. Hey, we can dream!

Reactions: C Master

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Thanks. I fell in love with that “Irish Pride” tourbillon watch the very first time you posted it. Then I went to check the price and my enthusiasm was immediately curbed. :D
Maybe if I win the lottery. Or some unknown rich man/woman dies and I’m discovered to be the only living relation. Hey, we can dream!

I do the lottery every few months, I do not check the tickets though. I am happy enough with the fantasies a €10 investment provides. I would hate to win it to be honest. I think it would kill all my drive.

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA

22mm lug width.

Why u wast money on it?
its just another clone bs made in Germany by Chinese brand.
Very ugly design, poor finish. And "Co-Axial Tourbillon"?
can this BS company tell me how is this tourbillon work co-axial?? :picard:

Hyjynx

28/9/13
Why u wast money on it?
its just another clone bs made in Germany by Chinese brand.
Very ugly design, poor finish. And "Co-Axial Tourbillon"?
can this BS company tell me how is this tourbillon work co-axial?? :picard:

I assume you have one in hand to make this summation. Otherwise, it just “clone bs” devoid of anything constructive. I do know for a fact that the guys behind this watch are Germans and did do all that was necessary to make the “Made In Germany” claim. I followed them not only on Kickstarter, but also on FB. As to the use of “co-axial”, I sense you have fallen for the Omega marketing gimmick. Omega didn’t invent the term nor the arrangement. In fact, any arrangement having a common axis (which a tourbillon does) can be said to be co-axial. The term is used freely in the sound equipment industry and elsewhere. The makers of this tourbillon watch are not the first to use the term either: https://www.seagullwatchstore.com/SeaGull-Tourbillon-Watch-s/1828.htm More Swiss watch makers would probably use the term, but for fear of being seen to copy Omega even though Omega dares not try to stop them nor patent the term.

As to your characterization of it as being ugly, I honestly can’t argue with that, being subjective. Beauty is in the eye of the wearer. Personally, and as a wearer, I do believe it is quite beautiful.

Biertje

Horology Curious
8/2/19
Hi there, I'm new to watches and this forum. Is there a possibility of seeing 'fully functional' openworked AP replicas (with tourby) in the future with same thickness etc? Im willing to pay more than 1000 for something like this.

rob7544

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/3/15

22mm lug width.

Thanks Hyiynx for the tip on that Waldhoff. I ended up ordering the 2 watch combo on their kickstarter for $1100 I love the Daytona Blue in the Ultramatic and I got the black obsidian Capital skeleton watch. I got these for the price of 2 reps with a ss bracelet that I hope I can interchange on both watches and a watch box which I doubt I will use but it is nice to have a tourby with a warranty.

Hyjynx

28/9/13
Thanks Hyiynx for the tip on that Waldhoff. I ended up ordering the 2 watch combo on their kickstarter for $1100 I love the Daytona Blue in the Ultramatic and I got the black obsidian Capital skeleton watch. I got these for the price of 2 reps with a ss bracelet that I hope I can interchange on both watches and a watch box which I doubt I will use but it is nice to have a tourby with a warranty.

I’m gratified. That is a great deal you got. Enjoy!