• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

PeteB

Known Member
11/1/16
On a side note, my tourbillon's power reserve has been consistent at about 78 hours (so, over 3 days), which is pretty impressive since the gen is only rated for 54 hours. An example of rep being superior to the gen;).

How do the other tourbillon power reserves compare for you guys?
2cptl79.jpg

vXwhXdb.jpg

Reactions: C Master

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
On a side note, my tourbillon's power reserve has been consistent at about 78 hours (so, over 3 days), which is pretty impressive since the gen is only rated for 54 hours. An example of rep being superior to the gen;).

How do the other tourbillon power reserves compare for you guys?
2cptl79.jpg

vXwhXdb.jpg

I had my AP tourby serviced and when I got it back initially it went up to 82 hrs PR. It leveled out at about 72-78 hours,

Reactions: PeteB

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Btw. Pics make it look big but it’s actually not that big as it appears in the pics.

SCShrek

SpoonFeeder
7/9/18
South Carolina, US
Not a member of the club....yet...but im looking for my first tourbillion rep now. Looking at the AP Royal Oak although that A.Lang above is gorgeous. Any suggestions on which are the best or which ones to avoid? Really open to any of the makes. Thanks

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Not a member of the club....yet...but im looking for my first tourbillion rep now. Looking at the AP Royal Oak although that A.Lang above is gorgeous. Any suggestions on which are the best or which ones to avoid? Really open to any of the makes. Thanks

There are 2 versions of this specific ALS rep - SS and rose gold. Both are best Lange reps available.
id stick to Lange tourbilion and then eventually get AP JF 15400 v3 if you like Royal Oak. For some reason I like Royal Oak without tourbilion.

in my opinion, tourbilion blends very well with classic non sporty dial. I don’t like tourbilions on sporty looking watches but like I said it’s just my opinion.

Reactions: SCShrek

superdopefresh

I'm Pretty Popular
20/5/15
Yes, it’s the version without a rotor. If there’s any rep IWC tourbillon that can be regarded as a closest to gen, the emerald green ME LE gets my vote without hesitation. With as little as changing the rep strap, you have a watch you can wear with total confidence. Only 25 gens were ever made. No issues with mine so far.

Gen for comparison:
32c0a40c1b445efab48f4c0366b95b72.jpg

By the way, thanks for reminding me I still have one more challenge: An @3 o’clock tourbillon. ;)

How Close is the IWC Tourbillon at 12? I got one coming my way now and can't wait! From online photos, it seems pretty damn close to Gen but want your thoughts since you had it for awhile? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Hyjynx

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
How its made season 13 episode 8, 2nd half. Blancpain tourbillons. Thought anyone who subscribes to this would enjoy it :)

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
WHich tourbillon is closet to GEN?
IWC ?
According to my wrist size can't wear more than 40 .