• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Somewhere in your peripheral vision
Always wanted one by Breguet...

Breguet you say.... here’s one from my photo banks

9275_CBD5_FD75_4_DD0_80_D8_EFC0003_BE1_E5.jpg

packerjames95

Known Member
6/8/17

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Which do you guys think is better to get out of these two?

http://trustytime.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=6456

or

http://trustytime.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=6804

The main difference I can identify is that the top one has hands which are shorter and positioned differently. However the price gap is huge! What do you guys think?

it would be great if any owners could chime in!

The top one is closer to gen. The gen for reference is the Messidor 5335. There is an additional transfer they have used to have the hands in the correct place which is the main difference between the two. Also note the 'dot' hour markers are correct on the top one, rather than positioned around the dial on the bottom one.

However, I know for fact that you will not be able to get one of these from a TD. I tried last November and most said 'no, its out of stock'; but PT said they could get it, took my money, then said 'no, its out of stock' and refunded me. I ended up twisting the arm of another member here to get mine. I'm glad he decided to sell it to me. It is stunning. Mine is the bottom one, for reference

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
Looks like this is a rep of the Giga Tourbillon Round Skeleton.
f8d2bc750e730146e0cb6c04d407aa23.png

Far from close to gen, but not too shabby a rep. The “W” deco on the tourbillon is there, at least. What say ye, club members?

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
My tourbillon seems a little iffy, does anyone know who can repair tourbillons or do I need to ship it off to china?

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
My tourbillon seems a little iffy, does anyone know who can repair tourbillons or do I need to ship it off to china?

Ah, Tourbillon watchmaker's.... about as rare as hens teeth I'm afraid. Some folk get lucky in having a local WM that will touch them, but generally it's a no. Even my very experienced WM won't touch them, plus there is next to no availability of parts, so if anything needs replacing, it'll need to be hand made.

packerjames95

Known Member
6/8/17
Hey guys I just received my breguet tourbillon! I think there’s some rust on the screws of the tourbillon cage though which I couldn’t pick up from the QC pics... I’m not sure if I should just leave it be or if I should contact my TD to see if there’s anything they can do?

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
That picture is not great quality, but even on my 22 inch monitor, it doesn't look so bad at this lighting angle. from three feet away on your wrist, at regular eye shot not macro blown up size, how does it look to you? If it's obvious, speak with the TD

packerjames95

Known Member
6/8/17
Visually, I’m not too bothered to be honest, it’s more that I’m worried about whether the rust will/can damage the movement at all

hotperson911

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/9/18
Hi, I am new to the REP world but is really wanting to get a tourbillon. Under the following brand which model of their tourbillon watch would you guys recommend the most? (i.e closest to Gen)

1. Breguet
2. Franck Muller
3. Vacheron Constantin
3. Ulysse Nardin

Please advise. Thank you everyone in advance!

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
I would suggest that you buy what you like. Most of them have the same movement. There are only a handful of tourbillons usednin Reps. However, I would strongly advise against a tourbillon if you are new to Reps.