• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

theflyingdutchman

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
My entry card to this exquisite club...

Not the best tourbie, I know, but I'm IWC-addicted.
67d12313c53675a80fcb3d4540f04201.heic

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

NICE! VERY Nice!

kebu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/7/16
Hey guys, theres not a lot of info or threads about tourbillon reps except this one so hope you guys dont mind me asking a few questions cos i wouuld really like to join this club!

i first stumbled across this limited edition tag, which is one of the most affordable tourbies out there and got me really interested

From browsing all the wrist shots im almost set on the AP tourbillon since it appears JF is realsing a new one but also really interested on the the RD easy Diver / JLC mut tourbies but seems these are a bit long dated or no longer available? Is this correct?

What are your guys thoughts in terms of overall build quality of these 3 reps? I read the AP one is probably the better one but I do like the RD and JLC as well, are we expecting a new release for these? If not, can these existing ones still be bought and modded with relatively reasonable price to improve them?

thanks in advanced!

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
Hey guys, theres not a lot of info or threads about tourbillon reps except this one so hope you guys dont mind me asking a few questions cos i wouuld really like to join this club!

i first stumbled across this limited edition tag, which is one of the most affordable tourbies out there and got me really interested

From browsing all the wrist shots im almost set on the AP tourbillon since it appears JF is realsing a new one but also really interested on the the RD easy Diver / JLC mut tourbies but seems these are a bit long dated or no longer available? Is this correct?

What are your guys thoughts in terms of overall build quality of these 3 reps? I read the AP one is probably the better one but I do like the RD and JLC as well, are we expecting a new release for these? If not, can these existing ones still be bought and modded with relatively reasonable price to improve them?

thanks in advanced!

The JLC MUT came out in 2016, so it’s likely still available, though I’ve never seen a picture of it posted by any member. RD Easy Diver came out in 2010. I doubt it’s still available. As in all rep purchases, you should ask your TD to confirm stock first before you order or pay.

The AP tourbillon is one of the best OOTB. Rumors of a JF version are just that - rumors - at this point. Other than a strap change, modding a tourbillon is not for the faint of heart. And depending on your level of tolerance for minor flaws, it’s largely unnecessary, IMHO.

Reactions: C Master

kebu

12/7/16

theREALgoat

Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Nice man glad to see it looks good in the flesh! Random question but whats going on with the crystal above the tourbillon? Almost looks like a hole but that would be crazy. Is it just a recess?

There's another layer of something right above the dial that sits below the hands. That layer has a cutout for the tourbillon's bridge.

theREALgoat

Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Seems like that layer, probably another glass/crystal, could maybe do with some 2xAR treatment

I think it's plastic, by the way it bends reflections and whatnot.

theREALgoat

Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Errrgghhh. How do you find it looks after a few days. Is it irritating or is it liveable?

I never cared. I'm staring at the tourby 90% of the time I look at the watch hahaha. The hands are above that layer so it doesn't get in the way if you're trying to read the time.

timewalker

30/9/14
After about 40+ reps I feel like I should get into this club :) Honestly I've had mixed feelings in the past but now I feel like I have to have at least two tourbillon watches, but I need help deciding (well, I neednpsychological help too but for now let's stick to watches! :D ). If I may, what would be the best tourbys available in reps? By best I would say 1) most complex tourby (multi axis?) 2) most faithful rep and 3) most beautiful in YOUR eyes. (Yah, I feel like a total noob asking who has the best sub! LOL)
Any takers or I should make this a different thread? (There are some real beauties here!)
Cheers!
PS I don't like the double tourbillon -the 5k one, not for the price but for the watch itself.