• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

theflyingdutchman

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
350 well spent! Plus new buckle and case polishing.. very happy! Now just need to wear her!
323b86a7ab81b330205d1044c7a7c9a6.jpg

993df3624072787befe3df973aeb073b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Hyjynx

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
Lazy day at the office, so I thought I’d bump this thread with:

Tourbillons @12, @3, @6 and @9
321a9e8d47ad0b771081e224ea1ca860.jpg

Sirs! Stop drooling!! :p

Reactions: C Master

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Lazy day at the office, so I thought I’d bump this thread with:

Tourbillons @12, @3, @6 and @9
321a9e8d47ad0b771081e224ea1ca860.jpg

Sirs! Stop drooling!! :p

Which one is your favorite?
im waiting for ALS 1815 Tourby. I always wanted ALS.
I think IWC may be my next purchase.

Hyjynx

28/9/13
I think you are missing one watch in your collection... Tourbillon located in the centre...
Hv6PR8D.jpg
Honestly, I thought that picture was photoshopped! Then I googled it and found it’s for real. Nice find!

Which one is your favorite?
im waiting for ALS 1815 Tourby. I always wanted ALS.
I think IWC may be my next purchase.

Among these 4? Take a wild guess! ;-)

michelesanctis

Known Member
17/9/17
Cardiff, UK
I want to get the IWC Portuguese and at the moment simply cannot decide between green dial and grey. They both look great and green being SS model as in gen is that bit closer to gen. The general consensus among friends is that grey should be easier to match with clothes.
@Hyjynx How do you find matching the green dial with outfit? What made you choose this one over e.g. black, white or grey? Thanks

Hyjynx

28/9/13
I want to get the IWC Portuguese and at the moment simply cannot decide between green dial and grey. They both look great and green being SS model as in gen is that bit closer to gen. The general consensus among friends is that grey should be easier to match with clothes.
@Hyjynx How do you find matching the green dial with outfit? What made you choose this one over e.g. black, white or grey? Thanks

I don’t think it’s necessary to match the dial color with clothing. If you must match, make it the color of your eyes or your date’s. :) The green dial contrasts very well with other colors, especially white. The leather straps though have to match with shoes and belt. Apart from the fact that it’s stunningly beautiful, I decided for the green because I already had 4 tourbies with white/silver dials and another 4 with dark/black dials.

Hyjynx

28/9/13
Reactions: C Master

michelesanctis

Known Member
17/9/17
Cardiff, UK
I don’t think it’s necessary to match the dial color with clothing. If you must match, make it the color of your eyes or your date’s. :) The green dial contrasts very well with other colors, especially white. The leather straps though have to match with shoes and belt. Apart from the fact that it’s stunningly beautiful, I decided for the green because I already had 4 tourbies with white/silver dials and another 4 with dark/black dials.

Well, with such a collection, I'd get a green one as well. I think I will go for grey and if I like it, I might just get a green one at some point in the future. Not a fan of Rolex Hulk so this would make a perfect green watch in my collection.

Reactions: Hyjynx

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Still waiting for that thin JF royal oak tourbillon....

You might be waiting. The TF AP 15400 is 12mm and that is as thin as they get. I could have maybe got .5mm to 1mm off mine but it would have effected the crown position. I decided to leave well enough alone.

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
You might be waiting. The TF AP 15400 is 12mm and that is as thin as they get. I could have maybe got .5mm to 1mm off mine but it would have effected the crown position. I decided to leave well enough alone.

I might just buy that one but the big screws on the bezel really bother me along with the font on the dial, would you think they're both moddable? Perhaps the JF 15400 bezel and screws would fit?

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
I might just buy that one but the big screws on the bezel really bother me along with the font on the dial, would you think they're both moddable? Perhaps the JF 15400 bezel and screws would fit?

No idea if the JF screws would work, The TF are possibly longer. The dial printing is alright without a high def photo it actually looks OK. My watchmaker found no issue with it when he compered to a gen photo. It is just the way they are stamped on both Rep and gen. Later ones in gen have different printing as far as I can tell, so they are sharper.