• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
Maybe I'm mistaken but wasn't the AP tourbillon only available with a blue dial for the gen?
I just came across this:
https://www.worldsbest.com/watches/...m_medium=cpc&gclid=CI_nvNDbx9ICFRBxfgodKTkJkw

Does it also come in black dial now?

That's what we've always been led to believe. I ran a quick Google image search. I couldn't find one with a black dial but this grey one came up from Hodinkee webpages, so it must be real. At least that debunks the notion that gen AP tourby comes only in blue.

bbb470186028404f3216943748c688b2.jpg

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/the-audemars-piguet-royal-oak-tourbillon-extra-thin-platinum

Funtimezz

18/1/16
Yes sir, both the grey and black dials showed on what I would think are pretty legitimate sites.
Maybe the AP black dial tourby is the most accurate rep now?!

cgonne

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/12/16
Yes sir, both the grey and black dials showed on what I would think are pretty legitimate sites.
Maybe the AP black dial tourby is the most accurate rep now?!

Isn't the blue dial as accurate?

Funtimezz

18/1/16
I believe the Gen is slightly brighter blue, like the dial "pops" more at least from the gen 15400 I've seen before.
But black is just black. xD

Hyjynx

28/9/13
Which would you choose?
I don't care which is resembles the gen , I'm just asking aesthetics.

malte-tourbillon-ss-white-skeleton-dial-on-black-leather-strap by joe natocu, on Flickr

grand-complications-axf-rg-white-skeleton-dial-moonphase-on-black-leather-strap by joe natocu, on Flickr

When I saw those pictures, the first 3 words that came out of my mouth were: Yikes! WTF! and Why? Ok, that's 5 words, but you get the idea. And then a small voice said to me "Hyjynx, don't be a judgmental prick. Those are nice watches too!" So to answer your question, I'll choose the second. If you're gonna go Boo, might as well go Boonanza! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tickedoff

Supporter
2/1/17
canada
When I saw those pictures, the first 3 words that came out of my mouth were: Yikes! WTF! and Why? Ok, that's 5 words, but you get the idea. And then a small voice said to me "Hyjynx, don't be a judgmental prick. Those are nice watches too!" So to answer your question, I'll choose the second. If you're gonna go Boo, might as well go Boonanza! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, be judgmental.
Let me know what you don't like about these watches.
Truthfully.

Eulise

Renowned Member
7/5/16

Hyjynx

28/9/13
Ok, be judgmental.
Let me know what you don't like about these watches.
Truthfully.

It's not the skeleton dial that I find off putting, really. The Hublot skeleton tourbillon is one of the most beautiful I've seen and own. There's just too much decorations on these two which I find distasteful and distracting. Makes them look rather cheap too.

tickedoff

Supporter
2/1/17
canada
It's not the skeleton dial that I find off putting, really. The Hublot skeleton tourbillon is one of the most beautiful I've seen and own. There's just too much decorations on these two which I find distasteful and distracting. Makes them look rather cheap too.

Thanks for being honest.
I did some digging and found this video.

Your right about it looking cheap, even though it is not the same watch Intime is selling.

I need to think about this purchase a little longer.
Thanks.

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Here are two short videos of my RD Easy Diver Tourbillon

Please excuse for the wind and noise..

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
I don't think mine looks cheap but I'm unconcerned :)

You certainly don't buy one of these because telling the time on them is easy! :)))))

a87aecf1d092de741143f9a3e0c1910b.jpg

Hyjynx

28/9/13
I don't think mine looks cheap but I'm unconcerned :)

You certainly don't buy one of these because telling the time on them is easy! :)))))

a87aecf1d092de741143f9a3e0c1910b.jpg

Not cheap-looking at all. If I get another skeleton, it'll be this one. Nice strap. [emoji106]