• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Let's go for a spin!

[YOUTUBE]u34KhB28Okg[/YOUTUBE]

For your enjoyment :cheers:

cwazy1

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/2/12
i gotta take a vid of my tourby sometime... :lol:

cwazy1

29/2/12
if puretime was up... i'd make you a list.. lol

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
What is the most accurate tourby? I know they all are pretty far off.

I would aim for plausibility as opposed to accuracy, i.e., does this look like a watch that the manufacturer could have made? Do you really want people to think you have a $50k to $100k watch in your wrist?

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Now I must buy a tourbillon.

It's tough to pull the trigger I must admit...I wanted one since I first saw one...finally stumbled on a great deal from Tex and had to go for it.

There really is something about a Tourbillon...even if nobody else notices it, when you see it on your wrist...it's special.

Maybe they're not for everybody, but damn, I LIKE IT :rotors:

Wish I had the coin for a few more, but I'm glad I've got one nice piece!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I have a video too!!!

[AME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3A0O24meZU[/AME]

dirtydogmutt

Horology Curious
16/1/13
I'm hoping to become a member of this club one of these days.

One quick question, what are the differences between the co-axial tourbillons and the carrousel (non co-axial) tourbillons? Is one supposed to be better than the other?

If any one in this club is thinking of selling one of their tourbys hit me up! :)

cwazy1

29/2/12

One quick question, what are the differences between the co-axial tourbillons and the carrousel (non co-axial) tourbillons? Is one supposed to be better than the other?

If any one in this club is thinking of selling one of their tourbys hit me up! :)

Purely looks. there isnt one that is better than the other.
Although the co-ax allows the movement to be thinner by putting the escapement in line with the balance.

Just keep a look out for tourbys, they pop up here and there on the m2m sales... its honestly safe to buy on there because you then know (if its from someone who has rep+) that it functions and keeps time. Once in a while you might get a dud from the factory and are then forced to ship it back.

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12

From "Sea Gull's" website:

"an eccentric tourbillon (also called a non-coaxial structure, where the centre of the balance wheel and that of the tourbillon structure are not on the same axis) and a coaxial tourbillon (where the centre of the balance wheel and that of the toubillon structure are on the same axis). "

Also a good post from RWG regarding the different types of Chinese tourbillons:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/134586-comparison-of-chinese-tourbillon-movements/

dirtydogmutt

Horology Curious
16/1/13
I am now an official member of this club! :cheers:

Here you go:

DSC03783x.jpg

DSC03755x.jpg

DSC03756x.jpg

I will also post a video soon.

Enjoy...

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Hey...

I am a long time Dachshund parent...your avatar leads me to believe you are too...

Wieners forever!!!

Welcome to the club...it is indeed a very unique club...not everybody loves a "Tourby"...

Strap a Tourbillon to your wiener dog...you are my friend "forever"...:D:

BTW...very nice piece...looking forward to a VID...can't get enough of the "Tourby" stuff!!

Also...you may want to pass this on to "Cwazy" the "Prez" of this club..

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Nice...MORE please!!

No really... welcome and wear that piece...let folks know that there is a watch that they have never seen!!!