• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Let's get real

OK Tourbo folks...

I want to join this club...actually just returned an Invicta Octopus Tourb because of buyer's remorse...and I got it for half the going price of $1600.

Here's my thing...this is a rep club so nobody really wants to spend a ton of money on a watch...and the prevailing wisdom here as I see it is you roll the dice and take your chances when you buy a rep.

It's one thing to buy a $100-$200 rep and not expect alot, but when you start talking about dropping $600-800 for a rep tourb...well?

There's a Breguet at Time shop for $468 and I really like it, it's a bit small for me at 39mm, but I may be able to live with that...any wristshots of that size?

I guess what I want to know is those of you that have one...what's the verdict?

And If you spent $700 and it took a dump I'm sure you don't want to admit it :cry:

Convince me to go for it, because I really can't reconcile this in my mind.

:wyliehelp:

airking

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
26/5/09
OK Tourbo folks...

I want to join this club...actually just returned an Invicta Octopus Tourb because of buyer's remorse...and I got it for half the going price of $1600.

Here's my thing...this is a rep club so nobody really wants to spend a ton of money on a watch...and the prevailing wisdom here as I see it is you roll the dice and take your chances when you buy a rep.

It's one thing to buy a $100-$200 rep and not expect alot, but when you start talking about dropping $600-800 for a rep tourb...well?

There's a Breguet at Time shop for $468 and I really like it, it's a bit small for me at 39mm, but I may be able to live with that...any wristshots of that size?

And If you spent $700 and it took a dump I'm sure you don't want to admit it :cry:

its a tough decision i would say. im attracted to getting complicated movements for some reason so it was one of my "goals" to get one once i realized they had ones that werent 100k+ plus lol. but at the time i purchased mine, these tourbys (except for the hublots) werent in the 600-800 range. at one time, they even had unbranded ones on ebay for $550 or something like that. but this was like 4-5 years ago. now those same ones are 1k+.

i just patiently waited for one to show up in trade section. getting a pre-owned one here would probably offer the best potential savings.

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA

attachment.php

cwazy1

29/2/12
6.5" wrist... check out my first post.. more pics there

img8987z.jpg

OK Tourbo folks...

ilbambino86

Renowned Member
17/9/12
I really hope to join this tourby club with Honeybear's fav watch... I really love that JLC!!!

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
cwazy1...

Thanks...I am leaning towards that piece...clean, simple...flying tourb...price...how has your's held up?

cwazy1

29/2/12
cwazy1...

Thanks...I am leaning towards that piece...clean, simple...flying tourb...price...how has your's held up?

its wonderful! the strap that it comes with is shit though.. so mine is a gen gator aftermarket.

nielsen

I'm Pretty Popular
22/1/08
I bought my unbranded tourbi from Hong Kong for about $450, if I recall. It worked great, kept good time, and was fascinating. In the end, however, I just didn't like the case/dial and sold it off to a member here. I sold it for a bit less than I bought it, but enjoyed it for a year or so. If someone comes up with a case and dial I like, I'm in again. The tourbis are amazing--even the cheap chinese variety

corv99

2/7/11
My JLC is now on its way..

But seriously considering an ALS .... Mr Paps fault.
I will be sending my bancruptcy lawyer bills to him

JDCKent

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/11/11
Wow! Apparently there's not much interest in tourbillons here in RWI, huh? :thinking: