Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Lutherone View Post
    Hi mate. I looked for this beautiful piece in many TD, but without found it. I can know, where did you get it? Thanks in advance
    Hello mate,

    Got it last year, in Puretime.

    Best,

    Comment


      Cartier tourbi....

      Enviado desde mi SM-A505G mediante Tapatalk

      Comment


        Questions for the tourby experts. I was part of the camp that thought Tourbys are ticking timebombs but I have heard more good things than bad. Obviously they probably won’t last as long as simpler movements but still having a tourby is a dream come true. My question is, does anyone have experience with R8 factory? I know BBR and JBF are the two big names. R8 has an AP tourby with the correct silver balance wheel instead of gold. Wondering if R8 makes reliable tourbys? Otherwise I’ll play it safe and stick with JBF because they strictly make tourbys which means they know what they’re doing.

        Comment


          I have two JF AP tourbillon and was thinking about the R8 as well. The black R8 AP tourbillon in black DLC does have the new silver tourbillon. I spoke to Shylock Eins about his R8 AP tourbillon black and he had good things to say about it. Keep in mind the AP gen tourbillon is gold colored and the black ceramic gen has a silver tourbillon.

          My recommendation is to pick the brand and style you like best. For me the Roger Dubuis is not my favorite style and the JBF one and BBR is very nicely done however.

          I don't think JBF or BBR makes any AP tourbillon so you are limited to either JF or R8. The R8 is slightly thicker than the JF so I have purchased the JF versions. I have the blue and grey dial JF AP tourbillon and they have run well.

          I will get either the R8 black DLC or a rose gold JF AP blue dial as my next purchase. Good luck with your decision..

          Comment


            Originally posted by tangokilo View Post
            I have two JF AP tourbillon and was thinking about the R8 as well. The black R8 AP tourbillon in black DLC does have the new silver tourbillon. I spoke to Shylock Eins about his R8 AP tourbillon black and he had good things to say about it. Keep in mind the AP gen tourbillon is gold colored and the black ceramic gen has a silver tourbillon.

            My recommendation is to pick the brand and style you like best. For me the Roger Dubuis is not my favorite style and the JBF one and BBR is very nicely done however.

            I don't think JBF or BBR makes any AP tourbillon so you are limited to either JF or R8. The R8 is slightly thicker than the JF so I have purchased the JF versions. I have the blue and grey dial JF AP tourbillon and they have run well.

            I will get either the R8 black DLC or a rose gold JF AP blue dial as my next purchase. Good luck with your decision..
            How are your JF tourbys doing? If JF can make a decent tourby then I guess we have nothing to worry about since they don’t focus on tourbys.
            R8 also has a V2 of the blue dial Royal Oak Tourbillon and it has the updated silver balance wheel just like the gen. Im thinking either that or the new JBF Hublot Spirit of Big Bang Tourby. I know JBF makes good tourbys, I was just concerned about R8 since I haven’t heard of them as much. Thanks for the info!

            Comment


              Originally posted by CarmeloAnthony View Post

              How are your JF tourbys doing? If JF can make a decent tourby then I guess we have nothing to worry about since they don’t focus on tourbys.
              R8 also has a V2 of the blue dial Royal Oak Tourbillon and it has the updated silver balance wheel just like the gen. Im thinking either that or the new JBF Hublot Spirit of Big Bang Tourby. I know JBF makes good tourbys, I was just concerned about R8 since I haven’t heard of them as much. Thanks for the info!
              My JF tourbillons have run fine knock on wood. Something to remember is that AP has two dial styles or tapisserie that they use on their tourbillons. One is the straight across and the other is the sunburst or evolutive.

              Not all their tourbillons have the silver wheel some still have gold. I recommend you take a look at the AP website and see their tourbillons and compare what reps are out to make your judgement.

              Certainly the black ceramic AP tourbillon does come with silver tourbillon and the new R8 version has this.

              Comment


                Originally posted by tangokilo View Post

                My JF tourbillons have run fine knock on wood. Something to remember is that AP has two dial styles or tapisserie that they use on their tourbillons. One is the straight across and the other is the sunburst or evolutive.

                Not all their tourbillons have the silver wheel some still have gold. I recommend you take a look at the AP website and see their tourbillons and compare what reps are out to make your judgement.

                Certainly the black ceramic AP tourbillon does come with silver tourbillon and the new R8 version has this.
                Yup I have looked on the site. The purple radial pattern has the gold. The all black has the silver. The blue radial has the silver. Etc.

                Comment


                  Ok let us know what you decide and post pictures!

                  Comment


                    https://imgur.com/a/xXAZPfX


                    Just ordered this one. Was really considering the Roger Dubuis one but have too many round watches. This one looks more interesting. For some reason, they chose to use black color for Hublot text and logo (gen is white) but I dig it.
                    Last edited by passedaway; 28-10-20, 13:35.

                    Comment


                      New FM out, great to see how far reps have come...

                      https://trustytime.asia/index.php?ma...ducts_id=22139

                      Comment


                        Finally got the grey dial AP tourbillon to add to the collection.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by tangokilo View Post
                          Finally got the grey dial AP tourbillon to add to the collection.
                          She's gorgeous! Any thoughts on it's functionality??

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by witchywatch423 View Post
                            She's gorgeous! Any thoughts on it's functionality??
                            I highly recommend the JF tourbillons. The seagul tourbillon has been great on both of mine.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by tangokilo View Post
                              the JF tourbillons.
                              Definitely a grail piece! Do you think the AP logo on the dial is not visible enough? Kinda makes me want the blue dial, though I like the stealth/rarity of the platinum

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by witchywatch423 View Post

                                Definitely a grail piece! Do you think the AP logo on the dial is not visible enough? Kinda makes me want the blue dial, though I like the stealth/rarity of the platinum
                                The blue dial is amazing. The grey dial is unique. The writing on the grey dial is not faint, it is the angle of the pictures that make it look faint.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X