[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omega703 View Post
    Got my first tourbi yesterday and love it. Hypnotizing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can see that's the only thing you're wearing. I understand you completely, a tourby is the only thing worth wearing haha

Btw it's looking good.
    Last edited by jm_brc_7057; 24-05-20, 10:55.
    My reviews: A.L.&S. 1815 Tourbillon V2 - VC Traditionnelle Tourbillon - VC Traditionnelle - Patek 3800 gen vs Patek 5711 PPF - Patek 5070P Saatchi London Ltd. Edi - Patek 5089G Azulejos - Patek 5524G - Patek 5975R - Patek 5205G - Patek 6102R Celestial Moon Age - Richard Mille 035-02 ZF (crown rubber change).

FOR SALE: A. Lange & Söhne Saxonia Thin Copper Blue

Collection inspirational thread.

Comment

Originally posted by bkg! View Post

Looking at getting one myself, but thinking of holding off until there are decent straps sorted for it. Is the strap as shit as people are saying?
      The strap is shit. Working on a custom replacement as I type.

However, the watch is beautiful. The clasp is ok and does the job.

Comment

The strap is shit. Working on a custom replacement as
        How are you working on a replacement? Everyone says there’s a plastic insert. If I could get specifics on it, maybe I could print it and give it to a customer strap maker. I can’t find any details on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ams55557 View Post

How are you working on a replacement? Everyone says there’s a plastic insert. If I could get specifics on it, maybe I could print it and give it to a customer strap maker. I can’t find any details on it.
          What watch is your icon of? It's beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by Tig990 View Post

What watch is your icon of? It's beautiful!
            Harry Winston Opus 7.
            Not a tourbillon.

Comment

Harry Winston Opus 7.
              Not a tourbillon.
              Should have guessed, I was just looking at videos for opus 10 through 13, absolutely incredible feats

Comment

The insert is only needed on leather straps (something to bond the ends too and create a solid interface). The rubber strap is just rubber all the way through i think. Theres already a strap maker on the case in a separate thread making inserts for the watch. It means running it on a gator strap not rubber but at least it will be comfy.

Comment

Got my first tourbi yesterday and love it. Hypnotizing...

Very nice! Shame about the strap though.

Comment

Strap maker out of Singapore who was recommended to me by a member here almost has the strap complete for the version that has the strap held on by a rod that goes through the strap and lugs and is removed via an Allen key. My version holds the strap via screws underneath. I ordered The BBR version. Not sure if that’s what i received.

Comment

Something new is going to hit the market soon

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...xtra-plat-5367

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PeteB View Post

From my research, the thinnest rep Tourbillons are 12 mm thick. There are several examples of those - the green IWC I posted above, the Drive de Cartier and JLC Master Ultra Thin come to mind. Several others, like the Lange 1815 Handwerkskunst are 12.5 mm. Keep in mind that these are all hand wound tourbillon watches. Generally any automatic tourbillons will be at least 14 mm thick.

However, thickness is not necessarily a detriment for tourbillon watches. I suggest you rather look for accuracy, and compare the gen and rep thickness. Here is an example of the thickness of the four I mentioned:

1. JLC MUT: Gen-11.3 mm; Rep-12 mm
                            2. DD Cartier: Gen-11.25 mm; Rep-12 mm
                            3. IWC HW: Gen-12 mm; Rep-12 mm
                            4. ALS 1815 HW: Gen-11.1 mm; Rep-12.5 mm
                            Reading back through the history of this thread and this post was an absolute gem. Pete, do you have any recommendations for tourbillons that use an automatic movement?

Comment

Comment

Puretime automatic Label Noir in stainless steel, the first one I bought in PVD was a disappointment, since the PVD was very thin and soon showed the steel. But this one is in stainless and currently is keeping excellent time on my wrist.

It's an interesting watch, particularly since the Swiss firm Label Noir operate in the grey market themselves, Rolex do not support or endorse their changes! Whether they also use a JB movement, who knows...
                                Last edited by rj999; 05-07-20, 10:03.

Comment

Working...
                                X