• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

Onepickledginger

Gone Gin
Patron
Certified
9/8/20

Wore my BBR RD CF Tourbillion for the second time out of the house today. Noticed this hole while at lunch that isn't present on any of the QC pics or previous shots I've taken. Is this damage to the movement or something functional that I didn't notice before? Any knowledge from someone in the know would be greatly appreciated.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17

Wore my BBR RD CF Tourbillion for the second time out of the house today. Noticed this hole while at lunch that isn't present on any of the QC pics or previous shots I've taken. Is this damage to the movement or something functional that I didn't notice before? Any knowledge from someone in the know would be greatly appreciated.

Dont worry its there on mine too. You dont see it in qc because it moves around. Not anything to worry about.

Onepickledginger

Gone Gin
Patron
Certified
9/8/20
Dont worry its there on mine too. You dont see it in qc because it moves around. Not anything to worry about.

Thanks! I spent a lot of time looking through TD posts of the Excalibur models. They do a good job of hiding it when they take sample photos.

Shylock Eins

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/2/16
d908182aceecd787eee7a8126083c376.jpg

22609ea4c3be7104d1e4811fa2794a6f.jpg

b1de47c9f1eeae77744bbb1d135dc7b2.jpg

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17

Welcome to the club kj, we’ve been expecting you… ;) whats the build quality like? Seen a few ali express tourbillons with the double barrel movements. Seems a pretty flexible movement, they appear to have the exact same thing with the tourbillon at 6 or at 9 and the barrels rotated to be directly opposite. < £500 for a real tourbillon is great value! You tempted to take it apart or just wear it until it breaks?

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Welcome to the club kj, we’ve been expecting you… ;) whats the build quality like? Seen a few ali express tourbillons with the double barrel movements. Seems a pretty flexible movement, they appear to have the exact same thing with the tourbillon at 6 or at 9 and the barrels rotated to be directly opposite. < £500 for a real tourbillon is great value! You tempted to take it apart or just wear it until it breaks?

Build quality seems really good so far bro. I'm going to just enjoy it for a while but I am very curious and I know I won't be able to keep my hands off the movement forever. I was amazed at how many cool looking models they are putting out now - I had another couple I could have easily gone for, and may still yet!

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Build quality seems really good so far bro. I'm going to just enjoy it for a while but I am very curious and I know I won't be able to keep my hands off the movement forever. I was amazed at how many cool looking models they are putting out now - I had another couple I could have easily gone for, and may still yet!

There definitely are a few interesting pieces on there for a decent amount less than the td’s are charging. Already found a spare movement for my double tourbillon for less than £500:
Let's shop together on AliExpress with new user coupons
Your £0.79 in coupons are here!
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNmB38O

there are a lot of breguet style tourbillons for about £250 which is a cracking value. The LIV branding puts me off a bit but for the price, cant complain.
£243.50 60% Off | Tourbillon Watch GIV Luxury Sapphire Waterproof Wristwatch Real Tourbillon Movement Blue Clous de Paris Dial Leather Strap
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtAEkGS

liking the look of these too, very moser style. Sterile too which is fantastic!
Let's shop together on AliExpress with new user coupons
Your £0.79 in coupons are here!
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOjrLse

Last edited:

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
With these ali tourbillon selling at such low price i wonder why the reps using similar movement are so expensive...

Reactions: C Master

Shylock Eins

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/2/16
How do you like the skeleton tourb? Been looking at a RG AP or VC but the dials look meh to me, this would be a great alternative.

I like it a lot. The strap is not as smooth as a JF, and also the watch is a little thicker. You clearly feel a certain "discomfort" comparing to a JF. Despite these negative points, it is an excellent option. Best,