• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Great close ups... but they do reveal why reps are so cheap! Poor finish!
It beats paying over $120,000 for the perfect finish. Even if I had a spare couple of hundred grand I would not spend it on one watch lol. Still looks great from a distance.

If I really wnat to go all out I can give my watchmaker the watch for a few months and he will finish the Tourby perfectly for me. He loves doing Tourbys.

DhNlafL.jpg

jmss

Renowned Member
25/5/16
Spot on mate! I am right there with you...got 3 Tourbys that look great (will be even better with a bit of polish) for less than a house payment when one gen would be a house!

Acb

Horology Curious
25/5/17
Looking to join this illustrious club. Currently have my eye on a Parmigiana Tonda 42 but was wondering thoughts on examples that are closest to gen in this category? Thank you in advance.

Sent from the RWI App

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
Looking to join this illustrious club. Currently have my eye on a Parmigiana Tonda 42 but was wondering thoughts on examples that are closest to gen in this category? Thank you in advance.

Sent from the RWI App

I have a Parmigiani Tonda 42, a picture of which I shared earlier in this thread and elsewhere in the forum. I think it's an excellent rep, and moreso a beautiful tourbillon, with minor tells from the gen (notably the missing center seconds hand). But then, how many people ever heard of Parmigiani watch brand, let alone seen one? They're more likely to have seen and eaten parmesan cheese.

38435fe36a01751aa0f002ec79729f78.jpg

Picture of rep on top from my TD's website.

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
It beats paying over $120,000 for the perfect finish. Even if I had a spare couple of hundred grand I would not spend it on one watch lol. Still looks great from a distance.

If I really wnat to go all out I can give my watchmaker the watch for a few months and he will finish the Tourby perfectly for me. He loves doing Tourbys.

DhNlafL.jpg

When did you pick this up?...nice

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
It's been shown before, but I still like it...pure fantasy, that should have been reality.

IMG_3316.jpg

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Go get some Acapulco! Hehe and I really want one of those bastards! But can't find one on the td's?

Lucy can get you one...I hope...this is probably the most badass watch I have IMO...

I have two other tourbs...but this just screams...THE SHIT...LOL

Y2.jpg

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
I am jut sharing a group photo (not mine) of FM tourbillons (rep)

3d5ecc9011bb2348e1b659b6b26507d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ODINDMT

29/8/15
I have my first FM ordered...not a watch I ever thought I'd own...

I have the same issue with malte tourbillon by VC. Great watch on paper but I feel like I need a pimp hat and a purple suit to pull off that look